PDA

View Full Version : In Need of New Control Input Devices

dglasal
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
After almost 15 years of faithful service, my thrustmaster rudder control foot pedals are shorting out. I am on my initial search for a replacement. My hopes are for something that will work with any Flight Control Stick and/or Trottle (regardless of manufacturer) and has the durability that my thrustmaster gave me. I did an intial search online for foot pedals and, to my amazement, not a whole lot out there. Am I missing something.

Thanks for all of your adice.

dglasal
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
After almost 15 years of faithful service, my thrustmaster rudder control foot pedals are shorting out. I am on my initial search for a replacement. My hopes are for something that will work with any Flight Control Stick and/or Trottle (regardless of manufacturer) and has the durability that my thrustmaster gave me. I did an intial search online for foot pedals and, to my amazement, not a whole lot out there. Am I missing something.

Thanks for all of your adice.

Bearcat99
02-16-2006, 08:35 PM
CH Pedals (http://www.provantage.com/ch%7E110CHPU.htm) the only way to fly... unless you can get simpeds.. but fore the price you cant beat the CH stuff... not the pedals anyway.

Akronnick
02-16-2006, 08:42 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif definately. CH pedal are the bomb. very heavy, very tough, and dead on accurate.

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-17-2006, 05:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Akronnick:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif definately. CH pedal are the bomb. very heavy, very tough, and dead on accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+2

And for those who like driving sims they can be locked and used with any driving sim with the same effectiveness.

Steven190
02-17-2006, 06:30 AM
I really like the Simped.

They are well built and are set wider than most.
One draw back is they are a little pricey.

dglasal
02-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks, the only one I came across is the CH, have not heard of the Simped. The CH appeared in the photographs to be rather flimsey so thanks for the advice it put's my mind to rest.

take care all

WWSensei
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
I have CH Fighter stick, CH Pro Throttle and Simped-Vario rudder pedals...happy camper...

Akronnick
02-17-2006, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dglasal:
Thanks, the only one I came across is the CH, have not heard of the Simped. The CH appeared in the photographs to be rather flimsey so thanks for the advice it put's my mind to rest.

take care all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't let the plastic appearance fool you, I've dissassembled/reassembled my set and they are tough. The main casting for each of the pedals weighs more than a pound! I kept wondering where they hid the steel weight, but these don't need one. All of the internal mechanical axes are precision steel, and fit into their sockets with NO play at all. The only beef I have with them is the heavy center detent of the pedals, but all mechanical electricalcomponents are bullet proof.