PDA

View Full Version : The One Thing That Worries Me

tjbyrum1
06-01-2011, 03:37 PM
This is something I had worried about since a few days after Revelations was revealed.

The Multiplayer.

I mean, it's a welcomed aspect, and I'd appreciate a better rendition of it, yes. But personally, I feel it's taking away from the single-player.

In other post in mentioned how AC II had 15 Sequences (I think) and Brotherhood only had 10 (I think). I think it might be from the Multiplayer - however it may also be affected by the length of time they had to develop the game. Now, I know it sounds stupid, but I am being serious - I think the Single-Player is being dumbed down by the development of Multiplayer.

And truthfully, AC is meant to be a single-player game.

As long as the Multiplayer doesn't take away from the Single Player, I'm fine.

What do you think?

Dralight
06-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I can see where you're coming from, and i agree in part, but i don't think it's entirely down to the multiplayer.

Like you said, it could be because Ubi didn't have as much time to develop ACB, as some of it does seem a bit rushed. However I think the reason ACB has a fair few less sequences than AC2 is down to the story. AC2 was played out over a much longer period of time, and ACB is like an expansion of sorts with the addition of the multiplayer.

Anyway, i don't think Ubi has forgotten that AC is primarily a single player game (i hope :P) so the multiplayer shouldn't take away from the single player experience.

RebeccaLH
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I Agree that AC1 AND AC2 storylines were better and more exciting than in Brotherhood, but it was never meant to be a full game, but a sort of expansion. Adding the multiplayer to that i suppose is to make up for the lack of sequences.

I hope though that in Revalations the sequences will be longer ,and since theres a new city its different to AC2 and brotherhood. adding the multiplayer will bring it all together http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TwentyGlyphs
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
The lead developer of the Assassin's Creed games is Ubisoft Montreal, but the multiplayer was developed by a different studio -- Ubisoft Annecy. Ubisoft Montreal no doubt needed to take a lead role in how the multiplayer ended up affecting the game and lots of other decisions to make, but I doubt it took away resources from the single player game.

The story of Brotherhood felt rushed, but hopefully that was because it was the first yearly release and just sort of developed out of the end of AC2. It seems like Revelations has been in mind throughout that whole process, since so much of Brotherhood seems to exist solely to raise more questions about the story and end on a major cliffhanger for Revelations to answer. Hopefully Ezio's story will be much more developed this time around, with more in-depth assassination targets to learn about.

kriegerdesgottes
06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I agree with you totally. It certainly worries me too but ACII had 14 sequences well I guess 12 unless you don't count the DLC and Brotherhood had a grand totally of freaking not enough NINE! and although I agree it has a lot to do with the MP I think them taking only 10 months to do it all has more to do with it. Look at Rocksteady, they said we are not implementing MP because it would drastically diminish the quality of the SP in arkham city. So they left it out and they have been working on that game now for about 2 years. and guess what it's going to sell like crazy and be a crazy awesome game. I'm planning on buying it day one.

Turkiye96
06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
totally agree! they need to fix that for ACR

PhiIs1618033
06-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by RebeccaLH:
I Agree that AC1 AND AC2 storylines were better and more exciting than in Brotherhood, but it was never meant to be a full game, but a sort of expansion.
I don't know, but I remember all the devs continuously saying: "it's a full game, really!" Doesn't seem like it was meant to be an expansion.

sassinscreed
06-02-2011, 10:15 AM
i agree here i play ac for singleplayer not for multiplayer in brotherhood singleplayer was too short and story was not as good as ac1 and ac2 same as characters, and story missions weren't interesting as an ac 1 and ac2

and sequences were too short and there were not enough story assassination missions just hope that ac:r will have better singleplayer then brotherhood

ThaWhistle
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
id rather have a REAL single player story, not like the rediculously short ACB one and no multiplayer, than another ACB. Multiplayer was a let down for me, it was hard to ever find a game that wasnt all running on rooftops. I think I played it for like 10 hours, and have no desire to really go back to it.

kriegerdesgottes
06-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
id rather have a REAL single player story, not like the rediculously short ACB one and no multiplayer, than another ACB. Multiplayer was a let down for me, it was hard to ever find a game that wasnt all running on rooftops. I think I played it for like 10 hours, and have no desire to really go back to it.

Yeah I play ACB at least an hour or two a day usually and I think I use the MP maybe once a month if that.

masterfenix2009
06-03-2011, 05:07 AM
I personally never felt rushed when I played the game. It felt like a long game to me. Almost as long as AC2. The single player doesn't feel dumbed down to me. Ubisoft is making the single player a priority. In the game informer article, there was 4 pages for SP and only one page for multiplayer. I feel Ubisoft is doing great with their single player.

crash3
06-03-2011, 06:18 AM
as much as i want MP to improve, like having co-op or something, i dont want it to be at the expense of the SP not being as good as it could be

i hope te SP storyline is much longer and much more indepth/complex than ACB was. SP takes priority to MP

CrazyShrapnel
06-03-2011, 07:06 AM
There's AC1, AC2 and AC2.5. Brotherhood is just a halfway mark between the second and third games. It felt to me like the story was meant to be in AC2 but they chopped it off and put it in a separate game, to support their first attempt at multiplayer. I imagine it wasn't meant to be a full on singleplayer experience like AC1 and 2, they just needed a way to test the waters for their MP.

Revelations is supposed to be the third game in the AC trilogy so they'll (Hopefully) be going all out with the singleplayer. Multiplayer can be done whenever, but if they're sticking to this trilogy thing they'll need to make the most of AC3's singleplayer. And anyway, wouldn't they have different people working on the SP and MP parts of the game?

samward
06-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Yeah I agree. I am not a multi player person. The Game Informer article said that more of the Abstergo story would be revealed as you work your way through the levels of multiplayer.... not too excited about being forced to play...but rather excited go behind the scenes and find out more of the underlying Abstergo story...so i have very mixed feelings...

SAVMATIC
06-04-2011, 05:26 PM
ACB will forever be the oddball of the series. But I dont think theres any reason to think the next games are going to be just like ACB. Clearly it was rushed. Looking back its gonna be like the bridge to where the series got even better with ACR. The devs seem to clearly know what theyre doing to improve the game, so I dont see any reason to not be optimistic. November cant get here soon enough

cless711
06-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
There's AC1, AC2 and AC2.5. Brotherhood is just a halfway mark between the second and third games. It felt to me like the story was meant to be in AC2 but they chopped it off and put it in a separate game, to support their first attempt at multiplayer. I imagine it wasn't meant to be a full on singleplayer experience like AC1 and 2, they just needed a way to test the waters for their MP.

Revelations is supposed to be the third game in the AC trilogy so they'll (Hopefully) be going all out with the singleplayer. Multiplayer can be done whenever, but if they're sticking to this trilogy thing they'll need to make the most of AC3's singleplayer. And anyway, wouldn't they have different people working on the SP and MP parts of the game?

Nah man, AC:R Is not AC3, its more like AC 2.9. AC3 will have a new Assassin.