PDA

View Full Version : CD LOST!

el_jefe326
06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Yea, as the subject suggests, I've lost my Cd and with it, the CD key. Now, my question is that is there a way for me to retrieve my CD key? I really need the key as I'm about to format my computer!

el_jefe326
06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
If I reload the game using someone else's CD and log in using my ID, will my rewards still be there?

justinpunny
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by el_jefe326:
Yea, as the subject suggests, I've lost my Cd and with it, the CD key. Now, my question is that is there a way for me to retrieve my CD key? I really need the key as I'm about to format my computer!

Have you registered and Played this Game Online before ? Have you used your CD-key before ?

If you have lost your KEY and the Game's Manual as well, then I don't think you can retrieve it from your Windows OS. The KEY is tied to your UBI Account. Do you have the Manual with you ?

If you have already registered this game before, then try to Contact UBISoft Support department. Give them your Account and Username details, so that they might be able to trace the KEY from your account, if this is possible ?

Because the key is usually linked to your Account. If you have not at all used this key and registered before, then I don't think you can retrieve it.

You can use somebody else's CD to INSTALL the game, but you cannot use the KEY which comes with it. If you use it on your account, you will get an Error message, saying that this 'Key is in USE', or something similar to this.

You can install the game from some other CD, and LOG into your account, but you need your Original CD-Key in order to play this game, which you have already lost

el_jefe326
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I've registered and played online. I have a U-play account and all but I've lost the box. But if I install the game from someone else's CD and log in from my account, wouldn't that work?

And, thanks for the answer, I'll try to contact Ubisoft!

justinpunny
06-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by el_jefe326:
But if I install the game from someone else's CD and log in from my account, wouldn't that work?

Actually, you didn't get my point. You can Install the game from someone else's CD and LOG in to your Uplay account, but you cannot use the CD-KEY which comes with it. Each Key is unique and is Linked and tied to ONE UbiSoft account, if I'm not mistaken.

But, if you Install the Game from someone's CD, and if the CD-KEY which comes with that Retail disk has NOT been used before, then you can try to use it on your current Account.

But I'm not sure whether we are allowed to use and keep 2 CD-KEYs on one particular Uplay account (though you can create a new account).

So it is better you ask and clarify this from UBI Support department. They can only help you out, with regards to any Account/CD-key issue.

Cheers.