PDA

View Full Version : competitive gameplay

knightsean2005
04-16-2006, 11:27 PM
My brother and I bought this game in hopes of tryin to kill eachother, How can we get this type of gameplay?

Virtual_Adept
04-17-2006, 04:12 AM
It is diffucult, but possible. You will need to set up a multiplayer game, either LAN or on Ubi.com. You should make sure that both games are patched up to 1.4b and are either both stock (no mods), or have the same mod setup (same mods, set up in exactly the same way).
Once that is done, one needs to host, the other needs to join. As SH3 is set up for attacking convoys cooperatively via multiplayer, there will always be some form of convoy, no matter what mission type you select. Yuo can either choose to kill the convoy, then eachother, or ignore the convoy and just go after eachother.

Torpedos cannot hit a submarine below 25 meters. And most subs cannot fire torpedos below ~20 meters. In MP, you can see the excat position and orientation of 'friendly' uboats on the maps, however, this does not give depth information. Using only this information, and a guess of depth, you will have to plot a solution that will hopefully hit. If your target is submerged with nothing above the surface of the water, you cannot lock onto it (as you would lock onto a surface ship). Uboats are tough and will take quite a pounding in the stock version, requiring multiple torpedo hits most of the time as it is quite difficult to hit a specific spot on purpose.

Hoatee
04-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Postal proof of potential market value of DC2.

BlueHawk_1
04-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Knightsean2005, you bought the wrong game if you want player-vs-player combat. There were hardly any accounts of Submarines attacking each other in WWII, as in the game. The only way you'll be able to kill each other is with the deck gun, the chance of getting a torpedo hit is very low. Either way I suggest you play this game the way it's meant to be, or find a different one, because you won't have very much fun trying to attack each other.