PDA

View Full Version : Question related to ACR (PS3): Save File Protection Lock

lair360
10-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Dear developers,

It has come to my attention that there is now a lot of games which prohibit gamers from backing-up their saves / progress. Even worse, what happens if the console died? Progress, achievement goes down the drain...

Please, god prays that I / we can backup SAVES. It just pains me to see such a good series restricting everyone from backing up such a big story / event.

xx-pyro
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Do AC2 and ACB have this? My PS3 is around 2 and a half years old so I'll probably be in the market for a new one soon, and would hate to not have game saves (espescially for RPG's like Dragon Age that have save importing.)

LightRey
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by lair360:
Dear developers,

It has come to my attention that there is now a lot of games which prohibit gamers from backing-up their saves / progress. Even worse, what happens if the console died? Progress, achievement goes down the drain...

Please, god prays that I / we can backup SAVES. It just pains me to see such a good series restricting everyone from backing up such a big story / event.
I'm pretty sure that, at least on the Xbox, you can simply copy a save to an alternative storage device (anything from a HDD to a USB stick should work). That way you can make as many backups as you want.

lair360
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lair360:
Dear developers,

I'm pretty sure that, at least on the Xbox, you can simply copy a save to an alternative storage device (anything from a HDD to a USB stick should work). That way you can make as many backups as you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well... I've pre-ordered Assassins Creed Revelation (Collector's Edition) and I hope... there is an option to backup our SAVES for the worse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

P.S. Assassins Creed 2 still has Save Protection 'Lock' and brotherhood hasn't... let's hope that devs is not going crazy and lock the save.

SleezeRocker
10-13-2011, 05:10 PM
AC! and ACB aren't file protected but AC2 is.

we only see if ACR is able to back up.

On Ps3 you can use an external USB drive to back up a save but for AC2 I could only think of having PS+ (PlayStation+) and select AC2 and select it to back it up on Cloud

Azugo
10-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I doubt they'll put the lock on Revelations. It would seem like they'd be taking a step backwards from Brotherhood.

Though, mind you, AC2 had the lock when AC1 didn't...

XxKillaChaosxX
10-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Even if there is a lock for a single game, I'm pretty sure you can backup the entire hd anyway, including things that couldn't be backed up individually.

Azugo
10-13-2011, 10:01 PM
That's a bit of a nuisance though.

lair360
10-14-2011, 09:18 AM
In my point of view, I don't mind if the developers locked online - profile and allow single player backup.

So yeah... I am not worried about online save lock. It's the progress for single player.

lair360
10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
Even if there is a lock for a single game, I'm pretty sure you can backup the entire hd anyway, including things that couldn't be backed up individually.

I tried backing up my entire hard drive and sadly... my AC2 Save file can't be restore. This is because, it's locked. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I did this as a little test. I have nothing important on my HDD since I lost my other SAVE due to protection lock. So yeah... it's a pain...

superkootje
10-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
Do AC2 and ACB have this? My PS3 is around 2 and a half years old so I'll probably be in the market for a new one soon, and would hate to not have game saves (espescially for RPG's like Dragon Age that have save importing.)

2 and ah half years is nothing!
I have my PS3 FAT with original 60GB which i upgraded to 450GB because it just wasnt enough space.
But anyways I have it for like 3 years + now

E-Zekiel
10-14-2011, 11:04 AM
You can back up saves reliably with PS+. Other methods are sometimes doable, but in a general sense, not really reliable.

(not saying I condone this, simply stating how it is)

lair360
10-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
You can back up saves reliably with PS+. Other methods are sometimes doable, but in a general sense, not really reliable.

Sigh... what is the point using PS+ service when you have a USB stick? Also, half of the other stuff from PS+ is useless and you have to pay similar to buying a game worth 30+..?

P.S. If they provide PS+ Cloud Service backup only at lower price, then everybody is happy. However, if this title / series has Single - Player SAVE Lock, then I am afraid... there is going to be hell from everyobdy. Mostly... the user who is against PS+ and for those who can't afford such a service per year. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Finally, I can afford PS+. But, I am worried about Ubisoft getting slated again, just like their DRM issue.

God prays that it's not going to cause problems. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

E-Zekiel
10-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by lair360:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Sigh... what is the point using PS+ service when you have a USB stick? Also, half of the other stuff from PS+ is useless and you have to pay similar to buying a game worth 30+..?

P.S. If they provide PS+ Cloud Service backup only at lower price, then everybody is happy. However, if this title / series has Single - Player SAVE Lock, then I am afraid... there is going to be hell from everyobdy. Mostly... the user who is against PS+ and for those who can't afford such a service per year. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Finally, I can afford PS+. But, I am worried about Ubisoft getting slated again, just like their DRM issue.

God prays that it's not going to cause problems. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I understand it, PS3 doesn't let you use game saves from USB sticks or import them or anything, barring rare exception.