PDA

View Full Version : ICON SUGGESTION

Brain32
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
How about making Icons without displaying range to enemy/friend aircraft? That way you could spot a plane easier but you wouldn't know range to it because when you know the range you know excatly when to shoot. Thats OK for noobs, but...

Zen--
10-09-2004, 12:58 AM
You can use this command already in game, but its up to the host to make it happen.

At the console, type:

mp_dotrange FOE RANGE .01

and hit enter, that should only show range when the enemy aircraft is within .01 of you. All other factors like color, ID, plane type etc will remain the same except you won't know how far away he is because range isn't shown.

Here is the whole list:
mp_dotrange FOE DOT xxx TYPE xxx COLOR xxx RANGE xxx NAME xxx ID xxx

mp_dotrange FRIENDLY DOT xxx TYPE xxx COLOR xxx RANGE xxx NAME xxx ID xxx

For example, if you did this:

mp_dotrange DOT 15 TYPE 4 COLOR 0.5 RANGE 2.5 NAME 2.0 ID 2.0

both sides would see a normal dot at 15km, then see a black icon for plane type at 4km. Range would begin to show at 2.5km, and the name and ID number would appear at 2km. Note that because the color is set to .5, the icon will appear black for both sides until you were within .5km. Color settings like this are designed for historic plane set servers...if you enable all planes on both sides people will be team killing each other all over the place or wasting a lot of time chasing friendlies, so its best to either extend COLOR out further or not reduce it at all for open plane set servers.

By using the mp_dotrange command, you can turn off icons for one side or for both, or limit enemy icons and make friendlies stand out or whatever you want...you really have a wide range of ways to use it. When you add it to a file and then run the file, you can create some basic AEP mission scripting, for example to have dot_range conditions change from map to map depending on weather or whatever you fancy.

And thats really just the beginning....

Hope this helps,

<S>

Brain32
10-09-2004, 06:55 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif i really didn't know that can be done too(I am an Il2console noob).
I guess it doesen't work in single player???

Stiglr
10-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Yes, it works in single player, too. I forget the key combo, though....it's different than online, because offline you don't have a chat/console.

Zen--
10-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Online it's the ` key (the one directly to the left of the 1 key) followed by the > key, and offline it's shift+tab. (I probably should have clarified that earlier, oops!)

It works regardless of online or offline, it's all just a matter of what keys open the console because for whatever reason, they are not the same.

Brain32
10-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Thx, that's great news for me as I am 95% offliner, thx!