PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who have AEP..... TA152 Question(s)

ASM 1
03-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Hi folks

I have read the "first flight" post below which is excellent but I was wondering since the TA152 H was prediminantly a High altitude fighter - 472 Mph (760kmh) at 41,010 ft (12,500m) with GM-1 boost, has anybody tried it up high yet, what's it like? Or does FB still suffer from the High Altitude (i.e. 8000m +) problems of previous versions? Yes I know in online DF's (in game) people wont go up that high but I was wondering....

Also, how does the WEP/ Boost system work? does the "W" key toggle both MW50 and GM-1 boost, or is it automatic now (are both boost systems even there ?) then again, is ther some other way of activating them?

Roll on the TA 152C... is it (still) being done?

Yes I am a FW/TA fan, however in game, up until now I have preferred the various 109's (109Z sounds fun hehe!) and the 190 A8/9 to the D series - although I must admit I havent played the 1.22 release of FB at all. I rebuilt the software on my PC a month ago, I thought I'd wait for the release of Aces before reinstalling......

Just curious, am in Scotland, which means I probably won't get AEP for at least another fortnight :( So I can't test it myself yet. On the other hand, I have a Masters dissertation to finish by the end of March, so this is probably no bad thing..... otherwise I'd never get the work done :D:D

(Must..... Resist...... FB........ AAARGGH!) Am suffering SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms by the way, however I've waited this long, so I suppose I can wait a bit longer! LOL!

cheers

Andrew

and I havent even started on the Spitfire yet........ :D:D Deary me, I can see I am going to have no life beyond FB once I get the work done!

ASM 1
03-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Hi folks

I have read the "first flight" post below which is excellent but I was wondering since the TA152 H was prediminantly a High altitude fighter - 472 Mph (760kmh) at 41,010 ft (12,500m) with GM-1 boost, has anybody tried it up high yet, what's it like? Or does FB still suffer from the High Altitude (i.e. 8000m +) problems of previous versions? Yes I know in online DF's (in game) people wont go up that high but I was wondering....

Also, how does the WEP/ Boost system work? does the "W" key toggle both MW50 and GM-1 boost, or is it automatic now (are both boost systems even there ?) then again, is ther some other way of activating them?

Roll on the TA 152C... is it (still) being done?

Yes I am a FW/TA fan, however in game, up until now I have preferred the various 109's (109Z sounds fun hehe!) and the 190 A8/9 to the D series - although I must admit I havent played the 1.22 release of FB at all. I rebuilt the software on my PC a month ago, I thought I'd wait for the release of Aces before reinstalling......

Just curious, am in Scotland, which means I probably won't get AEP for at least another fortnight :( So I can't test it myself yet. On the other hand, I have a Masters dissertation to finish by the end of March, so this is probably no bad thing..... otherwise I'd never get the work done :D:D

(Must..... Resist...... FB........ AAARGGH!) Am suffering SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms by the way, however I've waited this long, so I suppose I can wait a bit longer! LOL!

cheers

Andrew

and I havent even started on the Spitfire yet........ :D:D Deary me, I can see I am going to have no life beyond FB once I get the work done!

03-04-2004, 05:07 AM
It's terrific up there.

Especially when all other planes suffer bad FM at high alts, this plane seems to be just fine.

As for engaging GM-1, you press the WEP key. At altitudes under 9,000m, pressing the W key arms the MW50 system. Over 9,000m, it activates the GM-1. If you had MW50 turned on as you cross 9,000m, you must manually switch off the MW50 by pressing the "W" key, and then, press it again, activating the GM-1. Vice versa with the GM-1 as the alts get lower.

LEXX_Luthor
03-04-2004, 05:08 AM
I tried it once, and Ta will Rule the stratosphere. The thing just climbs and climbs after everything else sputters out (I don't fly Ki~84 much so don't know about that). Dive is not so good I guess cos the long wings. I got it to 14km easy (overheat OFF) and stayed there.

"I don't have the V2 or B25s, so I'm going to reinstall" ~Bearcat99
"If sky chimp is satisfied [P38], then I'm convinced its ok" ~Menthol_moose

Zen--
03-04-2004, 06:38 AM
I've heard that the C model will be released sometime later this year but not sure when.

The H is a dream up high and it will be very difficult to beat, though as you said rarely will anyone fly that high in a DF server. COOPs are another story and I think the H will be a very entertaining experience and more than a match for anything at high altitude.

-Zen-

mortoma
03-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Yes, I did a QMB against an ace P-51D-20 and started at 7,000 meters. The Ta does well. Too bad the 262 still doesn't, that has always been a disappointment with me since I'm a 262 fan. But the TA rules up there so far.

Lion_13
03-04-2004, 11:07 AM
See the AEP read me file. The W key controls both types of boosts, which boost is used is dependent on altitude.