PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at 62% Out of the Well

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 04:51 PM
I can't believe i can't do this alone, but i'm stuck here for 2 days now...

When i swing on the rope to open the door, i jump the wall and rebound back, but the prince does'nt jump far enough to get back on the rope...

Any tips?

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 04:51 PM
I can't believe i can't do this alone, but i'm stuck here for 2 days now...

When i swing on the rope to open the door, i jump the wall and rebound back, but the prince does'nt jump far enough to get back on the rope...

Any tips?

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 05:13 PM
Make sure you're at the very bottom of the rope and jump at the very top of the swing. That should get you back to the rope.

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 07:13 PM
It still isn't working, i rebound just not far enough to get to the rope...

Even when i'm at the end of the rope, and jump at the far end of the swing...

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Oxygen, when you land on the rope, don't move up or down and try swinging and jumping from that point. Sometimes if you are too far down (or up) on the rope, you'll fall, so keep adjusting your position until you make the rebound.

Also, you need to jump IMMEDIATELY after you hit the button on the wall, or the rope will be out of reach and you will miss. As soon as the prince's foot hits the button, jump.

Hopefully you will be able to pull it off if you keep trying. /i/smilies/16x16_woman-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 05:00 PM
I do have the same problem! I tried several times but it didn't work. This drivin' me crazy....

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Anyone that was having trouble figure it out??? I have tried at most positions toward the bottom of the rope and I can't get it...and this is just for the WHITE one!

Thanks!

P.S. I bought it...and a new 3D card to play it...WAS WORTH IT!

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:24 PM
you cant be at the bottom of the rope...you have to be more towards the middle or you wont make it back...and swing only once before you release to go through the door and then hit roll immediately to make it under in time!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PG

http://princeofpersia.proboards20.com/

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Personally, I've never had any trouble getting back to the rope and I always go all the way to the bottom of the rope and jump at the very top of the arc. The only time I don't go to the bottom is after hitting the second switch and jumping to the door.

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok...you know, this is kind of funny..all this advice about going to the bottom of the rope....Did anyone ever thin that it would be the opposite of that? Go HIGHER on the rope! It took me awhile to figure that out! LOL...When you land HIGHER on the switch, your jump back will be longer as you have farther to fall...I'm not saying go to the top of the rope..but HIGHER than where you initially jump on it... Once I figure that out it was EASY.. As for those who say that they could do it from the very bottom...well, I'd have to see it to believe it!

Hope this puts this baby to rest!

Peace...

XyZspineZyX
12-21-2003, 01:34 AM
Guys,

this did my head in! Up ropes, down ropes, jump here, jump there, aaarrgggghhhhhhh!!!

And then - enlightenment!

You need to use the Slow Motion mode.

Wait until the Prince is pretty much at the lowest point of his swing towards the white button & then start SlowMo mode (keys "E" & "R" together). When he reaches the top of the swing, jump, hit switch, jump again & you catch the rope with loadsa time left!

Wait until SlowMo mode stops, shimmy round until you face the Orange button, get your swing up to max & then, again at the lowest point of the swing, enable SlowMo mode. Again, jump, hit switch, jump, keep on swinging this time, jump towards orange door, hit wall, drop, either run or roll through door & wait until SlowMo mode ends.

And there you have it - a piece of cake, eh??

BTW Don't rest on your laurels too long - you have quite a tough fight on you hands in the next room &, if you die, you have to repeat your swinging activities!

Enjoy the rest of this 'excellent' game!!

Virge /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif