PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Game Questions

stitchjones1971
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
1) I've noticed that 99% of the games on HL use limited ammo. So I take off, shoot down a plane or two if I'm lucky, then I rund out of ammo. Now what? Is there any way to land and reload? If not, what are your best options?

2) I'm flying around and I press "S" and I see a list of who's playing. Can someone explain what these numbers mean? How is scoring figured?

Thanks!!

stitchjones1971
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
1) I've noticed that 99% of the games on HL use limited ammo. So I take off, shoot down a plane or two if I'm lucky, then I rund out of ammo. Now what? Is there any way to land and reload? If not, what are your best options?

2) I'm flying around and I press "S" and I see a list of who's playing. Can someone explain what these numbers mean? How is scoring figured?

Thanks!!

Xiolablu3
01-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Hi there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

After you run out of ammo, land your plane and press refly.

Scoring works like this.

If you land your plane on the friendly airfield, you get:-

100 points for an enemy fighter killed
200 for Twin engine Fighter Bomber
300 for bomber
Various points for different ground tagrgets. Usually between 20 and 60 points depending what was killed.
200- 400 for ships depending on the type.

If you die, then you get 10% of these points. For example 10 points for a fighter.

If you Bail out over your own territory, then you get 50% of the points I think (50 for a fighter)

If you crash land then you MUST bail out (you will jump out of the plane) and then you will get 70% of the points if you are in your own territory. If you dont jump out you only get 50%.

WHat servers are you flying on? Remember that some have Wonderwoman view enabled/No cockpit(ctrl f1), and some have padlock enabled (F6 close enemy air, F7 ground) , and externals on. If the server has these settings then you are at a big disadvantage if you are not using them.

CHeck these before you start flying.

If you tell us what settings you prefer , and what type of game you like, then we can suggest some good servers for you.

There are

-Arena dogfight maps. Simple 'airquake' fighting between planes.

-Historical Map and planesets with ground targets for each side (first side to destroy the others ground targets wins)

-Coops. A scenario set up as a certain situation. For example, you and other planes have to intercept some enemy bombers. Some planes are AI and some are player controlled.

Also, what version of the game are you using? And you should be using Hyperlobby to find games.

stitchjones1971
01-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the quick info. I am using Hyperlobby and I am choosing servers that allow the Wonderwoman views until I get used to the gameplay.

The info on scoring and rearming by landing and refly will come in useful. Thanks!!

stitchjones1971
01-26-2007, 06:07 PM
IL2 1946 version 4.071m and I like the quick and dirty dogfights!!