PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean Defense Worse Than Juggling Cats

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Just worked through getting all of my cities fully staffed by 5 level 10 Assassins each and got most cities to 100% Assassin control. Then found that the game removes approximately 40% assassin control every game day - and a game day is not that long. I had thought that getting 5 level 10 Assassins in a city would slow the Templar progress a lot or even stop it altogether. Personally, I don't think it has any effect at all.

This game has devolved into a war of attrition for me, based around this stupid Mediterranean Defense issue - and it seems it's a facet of the game that can never be won. I'm spending most of my time trying to hold onto my gains here. Surely the point of sending Assassins to other cities is so that THEY can exert some level of command and control that can free me up for doing my thing. Instead, most of my game time is spent messing about on this part of the game.

I mean, was this not playtested or something? This is a stupid, STUPID feature!

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I think they have tried to represent the struggle faced by both sides which resulted in a constant battle for power with the addition of base defense and mediterranean defense features.

even the intoduction of recruiting fits in with this line of thinking. i suppose you are either a templar or an assasin..?

the next game better have one hell of an ending!

SolidSage
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Managing territories at about 50% is far more rewarding. You can assign a couple of Assassins to high +% missions easily. Pick the right ones and it's not a big effort.
Remember that the Templar/Assassin war is an ongoing struggle.

I like it, it's a fair distraction during long sessions, much like den defense that is more appealing the more I play it.

The ability to ignore both of these features really makes complaing about them some what pointless....no offense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Juggling cats sounds challenging though, might have to give that a try.....adding a chainsaw (running) to the mix might really spice it up! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2011, 05:19 PM
The ability to ignore these features makes their INCLUSION pointless. Complaining about poor design is never pointless, it's any buyer's right and a fan's responsibility, because if we don't talk about what we find annoying, how will Ubisoft know what we like and don't like?

No one ever helped a game developer by refusing to criticize what they saw as poor game design.