PDA

View Full Version : Is this really the best we can expect from future Next Gen games ?



Adon604
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Graphics.. very pretty, player movement...fluid and very realistic, couldn't ask for more... thats where the next gen features of this game end though in my opinion... here's the downside

-----------------AI------------

--- Obviously ******ed, just like the mental ******s in Acre who seem to be interested in pushing ONLY you and nobody else around them

--- The annoying women begging for money completely stepping in my way asking for $1 (doesnt bother me at all since I'm all outta 1 dollars, but fully loaded with 1 punch knockouts, soon as I inform them of this they politely walk away)

--- The fact that all I have to do in order to fool people into thinking I'm not really an assassin is fold my hands like I'm in deep prayer while I walk/horse around ?? ok realllll smooth, as if full my blown "Assassins Kit" I wear around my torso wouldn't give away the fact that Imma bona fide Assassin str8 from the streets of Mt. Musayaf, or how about my clan outfit I'm stuck with... somebody at the studio needs a realism lesson it seems

--- The soldiers not allowing me to walk and run around freely without going red and chasing to kill me, and that's without any provocation from me whatsoever.. Which one of your programmers decided it would be "REALISTIC" to put in a trigger for the guards to go red and attack me every time I wanna ride my horse around the countryside like it was against the law in those times...

--- The voice acting is so lacking, or should I say repetitive, the same people repeat the same 2 phrases non stop, dang... shudda took some notes from GTA San Andreas huh.


The game itself needs a reality check just like the one I always get when I'm reminded that this is just a simulation being produced from some futuristic penthouse apartment, because EVERYTIME I GET IMMERSED INTO THE GAME ACTUALLY BELIEVING THAT IMMA 11TH CENTURY ASSASSIN, THAT ***HOLE DOCTOR POPS UP AND REMINDS ME OF THE 'VIRTUAL' REALITY OF THIS WHOLE THING, it completely wipes the grin off my face that I just put on a minute ago after I jumped high off a rooftop and stuck my hidden dagger straight into a guard's jugular..

thanks to Ubisoft for making a graphically beautiful, but.....
I won't even mention the obviously ridiculous framerate drops (I'm on PS3 by the way) and various freezes that hopefully wont get any worse..

by the way, is it gonna be possible anytime soon for studios to patch PS3/XBOX360 games like they do for the PC releases ??

Chris21Adan
11-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Should have purchased the 360 version. Runs pretty smooth at ALL times and has yet to freeze up on me.

As for the game being "next-gen". It sure is! Sure, there's some things that could have been improved upon but it's a great start to what will be a great franchise for UBI.

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Why is your opinion so much more valid than all the other topics about the same thing?

luke100
11-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Why is your opinion so much more valid than all the other topics about the same thing?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif but i think that the sci fi twist is so annoying just before i was playing away jumping from roof to roof bang i hit a ****ing blue wall god dam it!

BradC2007
11-17-2007, 02:08 PM
i think everything you say is true what they really need to focus on is the game realism only thing i disagree with with you is the sci fi bit which ties i really well they just need to take a step up no what it would be like in the real world the guaRDS would be after others not just you also in the real world people dont repeat things over and over such as " his going to hurt himself and when he does i won't help him" and the beggars and everything repeat it over and over city to city now the game is excellent it needs to focus on what would really happen would a guard really be fooled by a little hut ith cloth surely they would check it? what that needs is more spots to hide i like the hay 1 and the scholars but id say about 20 more should be avaibable

BradC2007
11-17-2007, 02:13 PM
AND WHY IS IT THE DRUNK MEN ONLY PUSH YOU OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ekardt
11-17-2007, 02:25 PM
How are the beggars "bad AI"? They get in your face and get in your way cause they want cash, as is seen in the real world. I think the AI is excellent, they deifnatly know how to move. The only bad AI ive really seen is that they continually climb a ladder even if you stand at the top slicing their faces.
There are reasons soldiers go "red". If a soldier is red, his weapon is in his hand. This means he's A) found a dead person, B) He's patrolling in a formation, actually alert & on the watch for assassins, or C) Someone ran around yelling "gaurds! He's a murderer!".
Every gaurd in the countryside is constantly alert because, frankly, they rarely see passerby and are gonna look over everyone who passes. Plus this is during the CRUSADES! people were slain on the spot for LOOKING at a gaurd funny. Do some research. I agree with you on the voices though. The acting of them are top notch, but they could use more lines altogether.

emchiez
11-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BradC2007:
AND WHY IS IT THE DRUNK MEN ONLY PUSH YOU OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To drunk people Altair looks like George Bush. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Adon604
11-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Ekardt:
How are the beggars "bad AI"?

the women beggars are just annoying, but when I say bad AI, I mean take a look in Acre for example, when you walk around that mental institution and you see all the mentally handicapped people, they're not pushing anyone else around, just Altair... I understand that the game focuses on Altair, but for the sake of realism I mean come on, it's jus plain stupid..
and as for roaming the countryside constantly being chased by guards, well how about the ability to actually change clothes like into a monk's outfit, or better yet into one of the guards outfits just to throw them off, that would add so much more depth and realism to the game and it's nothing that hasnt been done before either, in my understanding in games like this, changing outfits to blend in is pretty much a solid standard is it not ?



Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Why is your opinion so much more valid than all the other topics about the same thing?

because I'm not a mindless fanboy and my life isnt' ruled by Assassins Creed like yours is, and my post isnt some irrelevant rant along the lines of this sucks, that sucks.. etc.. I'm not into hardcore gaming enough to get mad at a game for not living up to the hype. I just stated a few obvious things here wrong with the game, and hopefully with posts like mine and all the numerous others the studio could be steered in the right direction..


and I still want an answer to my question about patching games, so if anyone has any answers to that, let us all know.. PC gamers know how important patching is to PC games, and now at times when our consoles are plugged into the internet I don't see why it couldnt be a possibility for us as well...

ianblack1992
11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Playing on 360 and the game nearly made me climax.....nuff said

AldirTheKnight
11-17-2007, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Why is your opinion so much more valid than all the other topics about the same thing?

because I'm not a mindless fanboy and my life isnt' ruled by Assassins Creed like yours is, and my post isnt some irrelevant rant along the lines of this sucks, that sucks.. etc.. I'm not into hardcore gaming enough to get mad at a game for not living up to the hype. I just stated a few obvious things here wrong with the game, and hopefully with posts like mine and all the numerous others the studio could be steered in the right direction... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


you think you're the only one who's said that?

please, your opinion is as worthless as all others criticizing the game

AirRon_2K7
11-17-2007, 03:28 PM
because I'm not a mindless fanboy and my life isnt' ruled by Assassins Creed like yours is, and my post isnt some irrelevant rant along the lines of this sucks, that sucks.. etc.. I'm not into hardcore gaming enough to get mad at a game for not living up to the hype. I just stated a few obvious things here wrong with the game, and hopefully with posts like mine and all the numerous others the studio could be steered in the right direction..

A slighty harsher edit of your original post. Which I didn't bother to reply to. But, it still isn't a good enough reason to explain why it couldn't go into the 'personal reviews' section, or one of the countless other 'I don't like parts of this game' threads.

Crawl back into your sewer fool. It's obvious that you've just copy and pasted some other idiots argument.

MiniAssasin
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Adon604:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ekardt:
How are the beggars "bad AI"?

the women beggars are just annoying, but when I say bad AI, I mean take a look in Acre for example, when you walk around that mental institution and you see all the mentally handicapped people, they're not pushing anyone else around, just Altair... I understand that the game focuses on Altair, but for the sake of realism I mean come on, it's jus plain stupid..
and as for roaming the countryside constantly being chased by guards, well how about the ability to actually change clothes like into a monk's outfit, or better yet into one of the guards outfits just to throw them off, that would add so much more depth and realism to the game and it's nothing that hasnt been done before either, in my understanding in games like this, changing outfits to blend in is pretty much a solid standard is it not ?



Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Why is your opinion so much more valid than all the other topics about the same thing?

because I'm not a mindless fanboy and my life isnt' ruled by Assassins Creed like yours is, and my post isnt some irrelevant rant along the lines of this sucks, that sucks.. etc.. I'm not into hardcore gaming enough to get mad at a game for not living up to the hype. I just stated a few obvious things here wrong with the game, and hopefully with posts like mine and all the numerous others the studio could be steered in the right direction..


and I still want an answer to my question about patching games, so if anyone has any answers to that, let us all know.. PC gamers know how important patching is to PC games, and now at times when our consoles are plugged into the internet I don't see why it couldnt be a possibility for us as well... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jhe means everone makes a thread about the same rants post in there dont make a new one

Adon604
11-17-2007, 03:38 PM
touche' AC fanboys! the flaming begins

but you're not understanding though, I'm a half fanboy of the game myself, it's the only game I own for my PS3, I bought the damn Limited Edition game and got the Altair figure standing on my desk, so I'm not bashing the game... I'm just pointing out the ridiculously idiotic simplistic flaws the game has, I mean how can you label a game Next Gen if you can't get the basics right, and some of the basics of the genre correct for that matter (such as the clothing changes)

and the reason I'm asking the question about the patching of the game is because I still think they could fix these issues by sending out additional game content or patches to fix up the game a bit and the game is almost complete in my opinion

1) a few different outfits
2) tweak the AI a bit
3) optimize the framerate issues


next gen should not just mean pretty graphics and scenery, thats complete BS and I'll pimp smack the boss of any game studio that makes a game graphically beautiful and thinks that's all it takes to complete a game and label it next gen.. and if all the guys here are annoyed at all the threads being made about similar problems, then hey if thats what it takes to get the attention of the game studios then let it be, because I'll be damned if I spend close to a $100 on a game that is utilizing technology they've been using the last few years and daring to label it NEXT GEN simply because they released it on PS3/XBOX360 ... it's a joke.... on all of us, the consumer

Firecracker22
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the AI is fine, actually. Fighting isn't too hard or too easy. If you get lazy, they'll beat you. The platforming is genuis is this game too.

Ekardt
11-17-2007, 09:41 PM
You know the Assassins were real and werent very secretive? They wanted people to fear them so hence the outfits (im pretty sure). people knew the general assassin look and they knew if someone just died and theres a white/red clad figure nearby, that a-hole just got assassin-pwned. At least thats how it is in the game's lore, and I doubt the real lore is much different. If you changed your clothes, you wouldnt be an assassin, you would be a renegade thug out for blood, and the rulers would shrug it off as no threat, inevitably ending in the execution of all those who were in charge of protecting that man for being crappy gaurds. But if they hear an assassin got one of their leaders, theyre gonna panic and know ****s going down.

edawg727
11-17-2007, 11:00 PM
--- The soldiers not allowing me to walk and run around freely without going red and chasing to kill me, and that's without any provocation from me whatsoever..

Ur robes mean ur either a scholar or an assassin, so if ur running around...

DirtyBird
11-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by edawg727:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">--- The soldiers not allowing me to walk and run around freely without going red and chasing to kill me, and that's without any provocation from me whatsoever..

Ur robes mean ur either a scholar or an assassin, so if ur running around... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>



ha ha http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Warrior-Within2
11-18-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't understand why people say the AI is ******ed... When ever I'm playing they attack me viciously and continually... They pause for a few moments and then attack me, and if I attack back some other guard attack me from behind, when I counter and kill the guards back off for a second and then attack again... They are vicious so what the hell is all this AI is dumb ****... People read reviews and go into the game saying "oh noes I haven't played yet but I'm gonna whine about teh AI'Z"... Geez...

Adon604
11-18-2007, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
I don't understand why people say the AI is ******ed... Geez...


ok then follow my instructions carefully, go out and kill a buncha guards, and then just stand in the middle or around the dead bodies and go into stealth mode (crossing your arms like a priest) and watch as other guards run up and look around at all the dead bodies repeating in anger "Who did this" "Where is the murderer" etc.....
and you're the only guy around, wearing a full blown Assasins outfit..... and THAT my friend is one of the reasons people say that the AI is ******ed.. because it is, it's probably the same AI they've been using for the last few Prince of Persia games

Warrior-Within2
11-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Adon604:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
I don't understand why people say the AI is ******ed... Geez...


ok then follow my instructions carefully, go out and kill a buncha guards, and then just stand in the middle or around the dead bodies and go into stealth mode (crossing your arms like a priest) and watch as other guards run up and look around at all the dead bodies repeating in anger "Who did this" "Where is the murderer" etc.....
and you're the only guy around, wearing a full blown Assasins outfit..... and THAT my friend is one of the reasons people say that the AI is ******ed.. because it is, it's probably the same AI they've been using for the last few Prince of Persia games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


Every time I've assassinated someone and another guard has come up running, my assassin meter is on informed, and if I don't walk away within 5 - 10 seconds he starts attacking me, regardless of the fact that I'm hiding like a scholar.

Believe me, after hearing about the supposed ******ed-ness of the guards, I did a wide variety of tests and found most of the complaints to be inconclusive and false... Rarely has the AI proved to be dumb. There are occasional times where you can get away with something, but usually you get caught if you stick around.

The only time I saw something baffling was in the GT review, and I went and tested out the same thing... If you notice, after assassinating one of the guards he hid behind a wall for a second... while walking out he was hiding like a monk and within that split second opportunity he assassinated the second guard. I tried the same thing except waited a few seconds longer and the guard started attacking me.

stix489
11-18-2007, 02:30 AM
^^^OWNED^^^PWND^^^
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Psycho_Icon
11-18-2007, 03:55 AM
Well are you in stealth mode? The whole time?? When you walk up to the guard that has his head down?? Cause I tryed the same thing and I had my head down went behind him and "BAM D3AD GUARD NOOB :P" but yeah I agree on most of your comments how the A.I isn't very stupid but it can be at times, like when you go hide on the rooftops and if you wait... The guard just do a suicide dive of the edge, and give the guards something else to say, also the dead bodies everyone and people just walk around, also they make it seems like your the only sinner in the game? Nobody pickpockets? Nobody steals? Nobody fights? What a family town they have, a bit of game bashing I would love to here your reply on it Warrior http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Assassins Creed does rock though

Psycho_Icon
11-18-2007, 04:00 AM
Another A.I thing I an countered was when you run really really fast :P and I hide behind a door or I climb a building and hide behind something they always seem to find me with out even trying like I am leaving a trail of bad smells and then once some hay or a little bed house thingy comes along something obvious to hide in they have no dam clue where I am, they should have made many more ways to hide and you can hide behind a wall, I know you can sit down and blend with preists but it doesn't really make them stop looking.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Why do these people want AC to be a RPG?

ZOMG I NEED NEW OUTFITS!!!!! WHY CANT I BUY STUFF????

It isn't a RPG. Get over it.

I also tryed various guard straining tests, and they all failed to be stupid.

Psycho_Icon
11-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Really failed your tests?? Cause your the guy who should test the game and we should all listen to you cause what? 1200 posts? Who cares, nothing here makes you a smart gamer you just "say" you know what your talking about.. Just cause your a nerd can still mean your dumb.

People are brats when it comes to video games nowadays, just get over it I love Assassins Creed and games just keep getting better and better people should stop crying because the guards aren't very smart.. Cmon people -.-

ScytheOfGrim
11-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I find people with bad grammar to be dumb. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Eagle091
11-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Psycho_Icon:
Well are you in stealth mode? The whole time?? When you walk up to the guard that has his head down?? Cause I tryed the same thing and I had my head down went behind him and "BAM D3AD GUARD NOOB :P" but yeah I agree on most of your comments how the A.I isn't very stupid but it can be at times, like when you go hide on the rooftops and if you wait... The guard just do a suicide dive of the edge, and give the guards something else to say, also the dead bodies everyone and people just walk around, also they make it seems like your the only sinner in the game? Nobody pickpockets? Nobody steals? Nobody fights? What a family town they have, a bit of game bashing I would love to here your reply on it Warrior http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Assassins Creed does rock though

No there's actually citizens who steal and are caught by guards. Thats what the save citizen missions are about, because they did something illegal.

Eagle091
11-18-2007, 08:52 AM
your the guy who should test the game and we should all listen to you cause what? 1200 posts? Who cares, nothing here makes you a smart gamer you just "say" you know what your talking about.. Just cause your a nerd can still mean your dumb.

Yeah lol seriously, I hate people who think because they have like 2000 posts their opinion is more important than anyone else. All you have to do is stay on the internet 24/7 and post, wow you're so cool.

Robbinho1992
11-18-2007, 09:12 AM
You moaners have to rememebr that Ubisoft made this game as an experiment. Its totally new idea. The sci fi aspect you just cant moan about. Thats been what the game has been based around from the very begiinging. Immersion! GO play oblivion or soemthing if you want to feel medieval. The sci fi is tehre for the story. The ai is ****? Again i point your attention to it being an experiment. Also, remmeber its a game. It is very hard for them to make it so the guards or people are rleastic without it not being fun. The beggars do that money thing to other people, and drunks/maniacs are annyoing yes, but they do there thing so that they knock you out of blend, guards brcoming aware. The public are agiasnt the assassins.

And do you know why you can switch clothes, becuase the game is based on "Social Stealth". As in you use the peoples minds and doingsd to manipulate them. This isnt hitman. And anyway, the OP joined like 16th Novemeberm so you really have no right to put this game down, and i wish that all you "AI is ****" "This is a rubbish [piece of ****" "Ubisoft what were you smoking..." Its and experiment, something new to try out. Dont liek it well tough. @I my self eant them to make a sewueal and rellay hope they do.

AirRon_2K7
11-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Psycho_Icon:
Really failed your tests?? Cause your the guy who should test the game and we should all listen to you cause what? 1200 posts? Who cares, nothing here makes you a smart gamer you just "say" you know what your talking about.. Just cause your a nerd can still mean your dumb.

People are brats when it comes to video games nowadays, just get over it I love Assassins Creed and games just keep getting better and better people should stop crying because the guards aren't very smart.. Cmon people -.-

What I saw there was "bla bla bla, I've had a bad childhood"... but really, I said they fail tests to be stupid. That means that when "I" tested them, I didn't see a problem. So get over it... poor little boy...


Tip: Improve grammar before attempting to call me dumb.

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I agree and disagree with alot that has been said, but i dont read anyone pointing out that YES this is a NEXT GEN game, and the first of its kind (free-running and ur not really limited as to where u can run) so why do people think they are going to release a PERFECT game first time out of the blocks? they have done a GREAT job with the Free Running (god know HOW long some poor sod took to create that) the fighting style is VERY good (if u want realism Why the hell do they only attack one at a time???)

People want realism but pick and choose as to what to add, the problem companies face is when u start with the whole "realism" ****...... where do you stop?

Day and Night Cycles?
Shift changes in the A.I
Beggers/Drunks attack everyone
More than 3 Voice Actors :P (it seems to me i have rescued the same woman in different cloths about 50 times, does that ditract from how good this game is... not really.. i fight these guys not to hear her talk but cos i can kill each person in a different and unique way without having to bash 20 buttons to get him to do it.

When the A.I look sight of you.... they shouldn;t know where u have run. they should search for you.. but no i run and run and they cannot see me.. i keep running 3 minutes later they have run directly to me. again... not a big problem.


So all in all there are a few things they can add... take away.. change.. but thats the beauty of being the FIRST of a next gen game. We play it, we like it.. and sit on this forum and tell them what could change. and heres hoping the next ones just as good if not better cos i love the game.

theres my 2p input

Sidney1932
11-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Robbinho1992:
You moaners have to rememebr that Ubisoft made this game as an experiment. Its totally new idea.

You can't claim that this is an experiment. That's nice and all but people dropped $60 on an experiment. This isn't some beta software that we are all testing. It is a finished game and so it needs to be evaluated on that measure.

It is competently put together and has some flat out awesome jaw-dropping elements but it has some elements that aren't a problem in terms of "realism" but in terms of game play. Social stealth is a cool idea but it is ham-handedly implemented and guard awareness is somewhere between blind, deaf and dumb ( killing guard A on the roof and guard B 50 feet away never notices) to hyper-active (walking by minding your own business and the place goes ape). You'll get "tagged" in the Kingdom for no reason at all. You can't have this elaborate witness, watching, stealth system and have the rules be so insensible because it is a GAME problem not a reality problem. The only real "social stealth" are the scholars everything else is just moving slow or REALLY slow. There's no other group to blend in with as you move. You can't get lost in the crowd for example.

I think there are a lot of legitmate gripes about this game and some folks will make them after Nov 16 because, well you know, most folks don't spend time posting about games that don't yet exist.

Warrior-Within2
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Psycho_Icon:
Well are you in stealth mode? The whole time?? When you walk up to the guard that has his head down?? Cause I tryed the same thing and I had my head down went behind him and "BAM D3AD GUARD NOOB :P" but yeah I agree on most of your comments how the A.I isn't very stupid but it can be at times, like when you go hide on the rooftops and if you wait... The guard just do a suicide dive of the edge, and give the guards something else to say, also the dead bodies everyone and people just walk around, also they make it seems like your the only sinner in the game? Nobody pickpockets? Nobody steals? Nobody fights? What a family town they have, a bit of game bashing I would love to here your reply on it Warrior http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Assassins Creed does rock though

There are minor stupidites that the AI does do, but no where near the amount that would be needed to call them retarted. By the way, I did the assassin thing, went into stealth mode and watched another guard walk up. I had the chance to assassinate him, but I gave him 2 seconds longer and before I knew it, he started attacking me.

Also there are, other people who commit crime such as stealing and such, and when they do, that's when the "save Citizen" missions start.

But realistically, how fun would the game be if every person you assassinated, the guards remember you and instantly ID'd you? Every guard would be chasing you at the sight of you and that would suck.

Adon604
11-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Well.. all silly arguments between the posters and valid/invalid points made aside, the bottom line is that you simply cannot make a game for a next gen system, label it next gen to the public, and then get caught using the same engine that's been used for years already on your other games and on older systems such as PS2/Xbox/PC
(whether it's a graphics engine, physics or AI coding)
I am almost certain that the AI used in Assassins Creed is basically the same engine they've been using in the last few Prince of Persia games

and they also failed to meet another criteria for next gen games, it's already a promised fact from most game studios and the industry standard that a constant 60fps is to be retained throughout the game on 720p or 1080p for the Xbox360 and PS3, now I cant speak for the Xbox360 since I dont own it, but I can say that on the PS3, the framerates fall down to around 20-30fps on a regular basis, this is something most people already know

deadskies
12-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Adon604:
Graphics.. very pretty, player movement...fluid and very realistic, couldn't ask for more... thats where the next gen features of this game end though in my opinion... here's the downside

-----------------AI------------

--- Obviously ******ed, just like the mental ******s in Acre who seem to be interested in pushing ONLY you and nobody else around them

--- The annoying women begging for money completely stepping in my way asking for $1 (doesnt bother me at all since I'm all outta 1 dollars, but fully loaded with 1 punch knockouts, soon as I inform them of this they politely walk away)

--- The fact that all I have to do in order to fool people into thinking I'm not really an assassin is fold my hands like I'm in deep prayer while I walk/horse around ?? ok realllll smooth, as if full my blown "Assassins Kit" I wear around my torso wouldn't give away the fact that Imma bona fide Assassin str8 from the streets of Mt. Musayaf, or how about my clan outfit I'm stuck with... somebody at the studio needs a realism lesson it seems

--- The soldiers not allowing me to walk and run around freely without going red and chasing to kill me, and that's without any provocation from me whatsoever.. Which one of your programmers decided it would be "REALISTIC" to put in a trigger for the guards to go red and attack me every time I wanna ride my horse around the countryside like it was against the law in those times...

--- The voice acting is so lacking, or should I say repetitive, the same people repeat the same 2 phrases non stop, dang... shudda took some notes from GTA San Andreas huh.


The game itself needs a reality check just like the one I always get when I'm reminded that this is just a simulation being produced from some futuristic penthouse apartment, because EVERYTIME I GET IMMERSED INTO THE GAME ACTUALLY BELIEVING THAT IMMA 11TH CENTURY ASSASSIN, THAT ***HOLE DOCTOR POPS UP AND REMINDS ME OF THE 'VIRTUAL' REALITY OF THIS WHOLE THING, it completely wipes the grin off my face that I just put on a minute ago after I jumped high off a rooftop and stuck my hidden dagger straight into a guard's jugular..

thanks to Ubisoft for making a graphically beautiful, but.....
I won't even mention the obviously ridiculous framerate drops (I'm on PS3 by the way) and various freezes that hopefully wont get any worse..

by the way, is it gonna be possible anytime soon for studios to patch PS3/XBOX360 games like they do for the PC releases ??

it's the best it's gonna get in terms of 360 gaming. The hardware was pushed to it's limits before it was shipped. (and that's not saying much in favor of the damned piece of sh*t) A lot of elements were straight ported from the 360 version and had just enough recoding to work on PS3, but not enough polish. I blame Microsofts underhanded practice of incentive bonuses for making a game better on 360 than on a competitor's console. But PS3 hasn't even been pushed anywhere near what it's capable of doing. Even now in 2009 there's still a TON of untapped potential, the closest so far we've seen to it is Uncharted 2.