PDA

View Full Version : For Saitek Cyborg users

Mitlov47
11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Do you have a lot of trouble getting your joystick to stay calibrated? It seems to go "off" quite often, and I have to roll it around the perimeter to get it to properly center again. This obviously causes problems in the middle of a dogfight or when precisely lining up a strafing run.

I'm almost deciding ditching the Saitek for a Microsoft joystick (I already had a bad experience with Logitech before this Saitek).

Tully__
11-15-2004, 11:50 AM
Good luck getting a Microsoft, they're not made anymore. Also consider CH Products.

Mitlov47
11-15-2004, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
Good luck getting a Microsoft, they're not made anymore. Also consider CH Products. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I clearly win the idiot of the day award. You mean Ford isn't making the Model T anymore either?!

The Flightstick Pro looks really good, but at $90 for a stick and $150 more for rudder pedals (since there's no stick rotation for rudder) it's out of my price range.

Korolov
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I have to do this with both my sticks after every restart/power up - move the sticks through their axises so they'll be "calibrated". Otherwise controls are all over the place.

I wish there were more twisty stick options, but the only ones that come to mind are a second hand Sidewinder, Thrustmaster, Logitech and Saitek.

Hawgdog
11-15-2004, 02:07 PM
visit the saitek website forums, you'll see hunter82 and I had quite a go round two years ago with their drivers.
theres a fix out there (driver)

harryklein66
11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
i have a similar problem with the rudder of my
thrustmaster, some times it stay lock right or left and won't come back in neutral position...
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

swingman
11-15-2004, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hawgdog:
visit the saitek website forums, you'll see hunter82 and I had quite a go round two years ago with their drivers.
theres a fix out there (driver) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... OK, and for those of us who have not been able to find any posts by either you of hunter82 at their official forums, where's the fix?

I love the stick, but I hate its wantering centrepoint.
_
/Bjorn.

Mitlov47
11-16-2004, 12:27 AM
Swingman,

No need to find their posts on the forum. Just go to this page:
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm
Find your joystick and download and install the latest driver.

Hawgdog and Hunter82,
Thanks for getting on Saitek's back to make them release this updated driver! That 30mb download saved me $50! Now my joystick works great. No more wandering.

DeerHunterUK
11-16-2004, 04:47 AM
I've found with all of my previous Cyborgs they start to drift after a while. The only exception to this was my last Cyborg (Platinum) where it was drifting from the 1st time I started to use it. I'm not sure about my Evo though as I've only owned it for about 5 months.

swingman
11-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Thank you Mitlov. I've only had one flight with the new driver, but it's no doubt that it's a major improvement.

Interesting that the European download site shows so much older drivers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (I've checked it for updates weekly since, well, long ago.)
_
/Bjorn.

gates123
11-16-2004, 09:43 AM
i use the stock win xp drivers and leave the saitek drivers out. Have had no problems since. Before there was the loss of calibration in flight.