PDA

View Full Version : So the addiction beckons

VW-IceFire
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Reasons why I like Forgotten Battles so much and why I'm going to probably continue to be addicted courtesy of Pacific fighters:

1) Graphics...absolutely gorgeous...and my system does display the full graphics quite well. Its not tip top anymore but the game is fluid and fantastic looking. I'm still in awe when I fly over a field and look down at the farm houses or see a small town...I can almost imagine the people in the town looking back up at me.

2) Feeling of flight. Having had little chance to properly go flying anytime in recent time...I can't properly comment on that but so many have reported that its as good as it gets these days and having watched several videos of Spitfires and other types being put through their paces at Duxford and other airshows I can safely feel that what I'm doing is as close as I can ever get to piloting those aircraft.

3) Multiplayer - This really makes the game for me. We've got such a fantastic setup with HyperLobby. Lots of good people on there to fly with (my squadron, pingu, biggs, the VFC guys, UK-Dedicated guys, and others!).

4) Singleplayer - Although the dynamic campaign sometimes gets a little long in the tooth...it still can be a fantastic experience as well. I hear the Pacific Fighters one is more detailed and that sounds like a good evolutionary step. I look forward to that.

5) Mission Design - The full mission builder (and QMB) has to be the best feature. FB and IL2 probably would have long died out if we couldn't make our own maps. The tool is simple and intuitive (easier than anything else I've used). I've made a ton of missions with it now...and its quite easy to place a bunch of objects in a realistic fashion and put together a good mission in a short period of time. I have alot of fun doing these things.

6) Variety of flyable aircraft - A whole bunch of the most notable aircraft are flyable...from what will eventually be three theaters with AEP/PF/FB. Fighters, fighter-bombers (my favs), and level bombers. Not to mention that these aircraft have some of the most complicated FM/DM models around and that they mostly have their full armament options available to them. They aren't perfect but I find more and more that things are very close and sometimes closer than many believe they are. History can be surprising http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, enough from me. Just voicing some support. This is a niche game and they do need some encouragement. I commend Oleg and his team for being receptive to the fans in the first place and also for occasionally joining us here on the forums. Its reassuring to see them...to tell us how they did things, why they did it, and give us a bit of an insight into how they do things. Takes some courage to do all of that regardless of anything else.

So S! and I await excitedly Pacific Fighters to arrive.

VW-IceFire
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Reasons why I like Forgotten Battles so much and why I'm going to probably continue to be addicted courtesy of Pacific fighters:

1) Graphics...absolutely gorgeous...and my system does display the full graphics quite well. Its not tip top anymore but the game is fluid and fantastic looking. I'm still in awe when I fly over a field and look down at the farm houses or see a small town...I can almost imagine the people in the town looking back up at me.

2) Feeling of flight. Having had little chance to properly go flying anytime in recent time...I can't properly comment on that but so many have reported that its as good as it gets these days and having watched several videos of Spitfires and other types being put through their paces at Duxford and other airshows I can safely feel that what I'm doing is as close as I can ever get to piloting those aircraft.

3) Multiplayer - This really makes the game for me. We've got such a fantastic setup with HyperLobby. Lots of good people on there to fly with (my squadron, pingu, biggs, the VFC guys, UK-Dedicated guys, and others!).

4) Singleplayer - Although the dynamic campaign sometimes gets a little long in the tooth...it still can be a fantastic experience as well. I hear the Pacific Fighters one is more detailed and that sounds like a good evolutionary step. I look forward to that.

5) Mission Design - The full mission builder (and QMB) has to be the best feature. FB and IL2 probably would have long died out if we couldn't make our own maps. The tool is simple and intuitive (easier than anything else I've used). I've made a ton of missions with it now...and its quite easy to place a bunch of objects in a realistic fashion and put together a good mission in a short period of time. I have alot of fun doing these things.

6) Variety of flyable aircraft - A whole bunch of the most notable aircraft are flyable...from what will eventually be three theaters with AEP/PF/FB. Fighters, fighter-bombers (my favs), and level bombers. Not to mention that these aircraft have some of the most complicated FM/DM models around and that they mostly have their full armament options available to them. They aren't perfect but I find more and more that things are very close and sometimes closer than many believe they are. History can be surprising http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyways, enough from me. Just voicing some support. This is a niche game and they do need some encouragement. I commend Oleg and his team for being receptive to the fans in the first place and also for occasionally joining us here on the forums. Its reassuring to see them...to tell us how they did things, why they did it, and give us a bit of an insight into how they do things. Takes some courage to do all of that regardless of anything else.

So S! and I await excitedly Pacific Fighters to arrive.

CowboyTodd41
10-12-2004, 09:06 PM
My thoughts exactly!