PDA

View Full Version : tb3 help

harold x
04-29-2008, 02:49 AM
just started flying tb3 and noticed that the plane does not have rudder trim. having difficulty aligning plane to target even after engaging level stablelizer. I have tried increasind and decreasing rpms on the engines not much good. any suggestions.

harold x
04-29-2008, 02:49 AM
just started flying tb3 and noticed that the plane does not have rudder trim. having difficulty aligning plane to target even after engaging level stablelizer. I have tried increasind and decreasing rpms on the engines not much good. any suggestions.

DKoor
04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
I flew most my bomber missions with level stabilizer on...

It's quite hard to make a last second corrections and having to trim the plane constantly in the process...

But this thing about TB-3 surprised me...

That being that you're unable to hold your bombing course even with stabilizer on...

But truth to be told I never really fly precision bombing with TB-3; they have heavy loadout option so I fly lower and make a instrument-less drop.

But I'll try a few TB-3 missions now to see what happens if I try precision...

Will get back here then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

TinyTim
04-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Disable level-stab, adjust by rudder, enable level stab... Not an elegant and accurate solution, but using 4xFAB1000 you don't need one (unless you are bombing ships).

DKoor
04-29-2008, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinyTim:
Disable level-stab, adjust by rudder, enable level stab... Not an elegant and accurate solution, but using 4xFAB1000 you don't need one (unless you are bombing ships). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>+1!

That's what I do for the most part... it was so common to me that I haven't even mentioned it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Anyhow I run around 5 quick TB-3 missions...
Loadout was various... I've been able to hit with almost pinpoint accuracy from 1,000m and 2,000m.

It helps immensely when you can observe your target visually and then set course to fly right over it... that is not the half, that is almost whole deal IMO. All you need after that is pressing the trigger button.

I even used front gunner with max zoom to observe target then set flight path over it...

Also, while moving targets ain't that hard to hit, hitting tanks seems to be an issue with the TB-3 even with 1,000kg bombs... tanks must be hit directly or maybe hit in radius of a few meters... trucks and other "soft" targets die from rather large impact distance.
I never attacked ships with TB-3... but I suppose they are somewhat similar to tanks.

Also TB-3, unlike some other bombers, seems to hold course on level stabilizer just fine... it held altitude and direction for over 30sec. which was enough for me to make a successful low alt run. It is however important that you set your flight path right at least 20-30 sec. prior to bombing in order to set all parameters in bomb sight right, and also to stabilize the bomber in the process.