PDA

View Full Version : is it pointless to try and understand the convoluted AC story?

Grandmaster_Z
09-29-2011, 07:47 AM
lets not lose sleep over it...just blame it on the Animus.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:37 AM
There is only a very little bit of AC that is just hand-waved with something like the Animus. It's actually not that complicated, to be honest. And it makes sense within the rules of its own universe, as I've said before.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Yeah the story isn't complicated it just twists at certain points, hand waves a few things and your good.

Ask the questions you're unsure of and the people on here will answer them easy enough http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Iskander_Estel
09-29-2011, 09:12 AM
It's not pointless, it's complicated, and there are a lot of things without answer yet.
The people who ask cluelessly it's because they haven't played all the games or are too lazy to think a bit for themselves.

Abeonis
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
To be honest, very little of the story has anything to do with the Animus. The events that take place during the Third Crusade and the Renaissance would have always happened regardless of whether or not Desmond later viewed them in the Animus.

As for the story being convoluted or even complicated, I don't think that is the case. So long as you keep a track of what's going on, it's actually quite simple.

Xanatos2007
09-29-2011, 10:20 AM
I kind of miss AC1's ambiguity: the origins of the PoEs, the nature of "Those Who Came Before" and the cryptic messages from across various cultures which pointed towards some sort of 2012 event. These mysteries spawned quite in-depth discussions and theories for years after its release. Then AC2 comes along and goes "We're aliens yo, and the sun is going to kill you." Kind of got rid of the fun and made the whole AC universe seem less 'mysterious'.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Don't feed the troll.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I kind of miss AC1's ambiguity: the origins of the PoEs, the nature of "Those Who Came Before" and the cryptic messages from across various cultures which pointed towards some sort of 2012 event. These mysteries spawned quite in-depth discussions and theories for years after its release. Then AC2 comes along and goes "We're aliens yo, and the sun is going to kill you." Kind of got rid of the fun and made the whole AC universe seem less 'mysterious'.

We already knew that they were aliens, or something like that, from what we heard in AC1.

And honestly, if you're going to make a series of something, wallowing in ambiguity forever is a good way to lose fans. Each AC has big revelations or new elements added to the story. I think that's cool.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

We already knew that they were aliens, or something like that, from what we heard in AC1.

And honestly, if you're going to make a series of something, wallowing in ambiguity forever is a good way to lose fans. Each AC has big revelations or new elements added to the story. I think that's cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It has already been explained to you that TWCB are in no way anything like aliens.

SleezeRocker
09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Play through the games again, read the books, AC wikia, strategy guides give some backstory on back pages, if you not from the Americas, you're fortunate to read the AC Encylcopedia.

There are multiple sources to understand the story.

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Honestly what's that hard about it? Play the three games and you got it in a nutshell. The side stories from Project Legacy and stuff are just tidbits for hardcore fans.

MGS is WAY harder to understand and the fourth game while praised for gameplay truly sucked in comparison story wise to the former 3.

itsamea-mario
09-29-2011, 01:20 PM
He does have a point though, when something can't be explained it's pinned of the animus or TWCB, or even Templar manipulation of history.
However the story is quite easy to understand, do long as your not a moron.

rileypoole1234
09-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
He does have a point though, when something can't be explained it's pinned of the animus or TWCB, or even Templar manipulation of history.

Unfortunately many people are morons.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Not necessarily. It'd be quite understandable if all those things were supposed to be caused by the animus from the moment they were thought of.

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 01:34 PM
What exactly is left unexplained? I know the faces being the same and now changing thing and Altairs voice which are obviously just design choices. But my minds drawing a blank on anything else.

The red trail? Haha, probably something obvious I'm just overlooking. But little things like the trail still have the next game to MAYBE explain it.