PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding AC 1&2 story [contains spoilers people!]

dmiles81
12-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi, I just bought Assassin's Creed Brotherhood but I have not played the first two. I only had enough money saved up to buy one game (ps3 games are expensive lol, it cost me $60) and my friends recommended that I just read the stories of the first two online. So I resorted to wikipedia and google and read the plots of the first two AC games. But I still have some questions..if anyone can answers these, I'll greatly appreciate it as I really want to start playing AC:Brotherhood asap..

1) The Knight templars. So these guys are basically just the old version of the modern Abstergo industries right? And were these knight templars the same as the crusaders who were fighting against Saladin and his army to capture the Holy Land?

2) Okay so fastforward to AC:2, here Desmond is playing as Ezio during the renaissance. During the beginning, Ezio's father and brother are hanged so he seeks out to avenge the person responsible. He soon finds out that the person responsible was Borgia, later known as Pope Alexander. Ezio finds him but doesn't kill him but instead he takes the apple or the piece of Eden from Borgia and then he is contacted by some holographic figure in some "vault" that tells him about the end of the world, etc...and how he must find the temples to save the world?? This part I don't get lol.

3) Who the heck is Minervia or the holographic figure and why did she pop out of no where to tell Enzio about the end of the world?

4) So I just read like the first few lines of the plot of AC:B on wiki and it says how Ezio went to his uncle Mario's place which was later attacked by Borgia's son, Cesare, who then also kills his Uncle. So now Ezio is all mad and travels to Rome where the Borgias (and Templars?) and wants to kill them all?

So that is where I am right now lol. Do you guys think with that much knowledge I'll get the gist of AC:B? I want to get familiar with the whole storyline as much as possible so I don't get confused while playing and if I'm missing anything important, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheSpectator
12-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Firstly I HIGHLY reccomend you play the first games too as they are just awesome.
As for you questions
1. Yeah pretty much hit the nail on the head their.

2.Okay this is where you went a bit off track
From what i can remember (others correct me if I"m wrong) Ezio's father and brothers are killed because they are caught inbetween a plot by the pazzi family (Rival family, Borgia supporters and templars) to take control of florence by murdering the medici family whom giovanni ezio's father and the auditore family are loyal to.

Actually **** this! just go watch it on youtube

flyingeaglemile
12-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by dmiles81:
(ps3 games are expensive lol, it cost me $60)

So was the xbox360 version of the game, ps3 games cost the same as xbox360 games. Only PC games are cheaper and this game isn`t even out on the PC yet.

iAhura_Mazda
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
You realy need to play The first installment and also the second one to understand the story.

MrJLBoyyy
12-20-2010, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by iAhura_Mazda:
You realy need to play The first installment and also the second one to understand the story.
Or watch it on YouTube (since he can't get the games for some reason)

Razrback16
12-20-2010, 04:37 AM
No amount of us typing the story out for you will help you understand. You need to play the first two games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Totally worth it though, so get to it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rileypoole1234
12-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Definatly play the first two games. There friggin AWESOME