PDA

View Full Version : Can I disengage the "action camera?"

Malidictus
05-14-2008, 07:27 PM
It's a fairly simple question. Many combat actions in the game switch from my regular camera angle and orientation (where I put it prior to doing them) and into a sort of "action camera" that's supposed to pick a good angle to showcase the action. Can I turn that off in some way?

Why would I want to do that? Well, for one, I don't like it. I think it's unappealing. The few times I've pulled off a Combo Kill or a Counter Kill without, somehow, triggering this action camera, I've been the most pleased with the fluid visual result. Action camera breaks up the flow of combat very sharply. If that weren't enough, the action camera's choice of frame is... Well, stupid. If I had a penny for every time it left me staring at a guy's butt on close-up while Altair is practising his pincussioning, I'd be a rich man. And if it's not a full moon I'm watching, it'll be the broadside of a tree, the bulk of a building corner or Altair's insides because the camera panned too close.

If I could turn off this action camera, it would improve the game a thousand fold. But is there any way to do that?

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I think it's one of the options in the Gameplay sub-section. Or you can do it by pressing a button in game, though I forget which one (R3 on a Playstation style gamepad)

Malidictus
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
There wasn't anything in Gameplay Options that I could find. There's a Chase Camera button, though, but that's different. It pulls the camera back to show me the soldiers who are chasing me (and make me unable to see around corners).

I sincerely hope there is a way.

Bobfish_Almight
05-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Hrrm, well there's definitely an Action Camera button too. I've just never used it. Check your key bindings

Malidictus
05-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Will do. I have a fuzzy memory that I did, but being that it's THAT fuzzy, I'll check again.

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bobfish_Almight
05-15-2008, 09:22 AM
You're welcome. Hope you find what you're after