PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, new to pacific fighters

Sovien
12-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been flying pacific fighters for about 2 weeks now. I must say, I'm very pleased with it so far.

I do have a question, hopefully some of you can help me. It has to do with the flight dynamics. Since i'm still getting used to the controls and such, I've set all the settings to the easiest levels. Despite this i notice when I'm flying straight the plane has a tendency to want to roll on its own. I know that this would normally have to do with gyro effects and/or wind. Is this normal?

Anyway, nice to meet you all and happy flying!
~Sov

*think i might have posted the original in the wrong forum so reposting, sorry if it double posts.*

Sovien
12-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been flying pacific fighters for about 2 weeks now. I must say, I'm very pleased with it so far.

I do have a question, hopefully some of you can help me. It has to do with the flight dynamics. Since i'm still getting used to the controls and such, I've set all the settings to the easiest levels. Despite this i notice when I'm flying straight the plane has a tendency to want to roll on its own. I know that this would normally have to do with gyro effects and/or wind. Is this normal?

Anyway, nice to meet you all and happy flying!
~Sov

*think i might have posted the original in the wrong forum so reposting, sorry if it double posts.*

Zeus-cat
12-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome to the sim!

The aircraft will roll, dive, or climb slightly if you are not trimmed properly. Check the settings screen to see what keys you need to use to trim the aircraft so that it flies straight and level. Adjust trim slowly and see what happens. Trim takes a few seconds to be effective in most aircraft.

Be forewarned that the plane will not stay level for long as the fuel that is used up will cause the plane to go out of trim.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Zeus-cat

My Campaigns:
Straight Shot (9 missions in the Japanese Seaplane - A6M2-N "Rufe")
Straight Into an Icy Hell (14 missions for the Rufe in the Aleutians)
Straight Down (26 dive-bombing missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight Down Some More (19 more missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight and True (30 torpedo bomber missions in an IL-2T)

My campaign page at Miision4Today
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=22

FritzGryphon
12-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Note that most planes do not have aileron trim available. Some do not have rudder trim either.

I don't think there is any way to completely disable that rolling in the game, even with the difficulty options. You see, aircraft are not symmetrical, so they will have some rolling even in the absence of torque or gryo effects.

You'll get accustomed to it soon enough, and you won't even realize it's there. Pitch trim is all I ever use.