PDA

View Full Version : Help On Fov Views

primo6255
08-09-2005, 07:27 AM
My Microsoft FF 2, went south so I got a X52.I am just about done with setting all the buttons.What I am having trouble with is in cockpit views.In the cockpit I cannot set the fov back as far as I used to.I remember changing something in user settings before so I could sit back further if I wanted.I remember setting some fov number higher than was in default but I have lost my notes and when in the settings file I do not remember what number to change.Right now I am to close and it is really bugging me............

Vacillator
08-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Do you mean switching between the following?

Wide View - Page Down key
Normal View - End key
Gunsight View - Delete key

I have one of the stick hats set up for this on my X52, but the above are the default keys to 'bind' to.

If I've misunderstood the question, please ask again..

han freak solo
08-09-2005, 10:11 AM
I think he means the "zoom" in or out with the Field of View controls assignable in the controls section. I use only the increase and decrease FOV commands.

I once had them assigned to my hat switch and now have them assigned to the "-" and "+" key next to my number pad on the right side of my keyboard. That way it is still next to my joystick and I don't "flinch" the stick when shooting and changing views.

To answer the original question. I have never reassigned the default FOV. I guess it's possible in the config.ini file, but I'm at work and can't check that out.

SlickStick
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM
It's in the "Views" section of "Controls" where you assign a key or joystick button to a command.

You'll see the different FOVs listed and you just select which will be your default when the button is pressed.

Tully__
08-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Toggle Gunsight: Shift-F1 by default. It toggles the pilot between "sitting comfortably for a long cruise" and "crouched eagerly over the gunsight" modes.

Edit: there is no FOV wider than 90 degrees (wide view) available in the game, though you can fudge it a bit if you have a "wide screen" monitor (or have your desktop spanned across two monitors) as the game calculates FOV vertically (from top to bottom of monitor, not side to side).