PDA

View Full Version : Cannot select plane or fly?

MadMadMark1961
03-06-2006, 06:11 PM
My friend and I were both online and playing dogfight when he selected the DO(something) plane on his list as did I.
We both have PF stand alone and are on patch 4.04,and I know that only the Mossie is the only plane added to PF stand alone yet the Do appeared on our lists.
Now neither of us can get dogfight to work as the arming button will not let us get back to plane selection or fly.
We can only play coop or campaign now.
How do I undo this or is there a fix for this?
All was well until making that dam plane selection.
Is there a config file I need to alter to get this right again?

lkemling
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Dornier Do335 is that the a/c your trying to select? you can not select this plane with the stand alone version of PF only the merged install.

Troll2k
03-06-2006, 09:15 PM
It sounds like you used the "M" patch instead of the standalone patch.Or one of the server patches by mistake.You might be able to just reinstall the proper patches in order.If not it looks like a reinstall of the game.Backup your missions,campaigns,skins etc first.

Zeus-cat
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I heard there was a bug in the 4.03 (stand-alone) patch that showed the DO-335 as being a plane that you could fly. If selected, it won't work as it was not included in the standalone game. I thought this was fixed in the 4.04 patch.

Try reinstalling the 4.04 patch. That might fix your dogfight problem.