PDA

View Full Version : can you think of any ps3 games similar to AC series

NORTHBOERN1
07-19-2011, 09:13 PM
I've played the POP series, but need another game to add to the collection. I tried ninja gaiden sigma thinking it would be like tenchu...but I was way wrong. I'm big into blade combat/hand to hand combat, and really like exploring other realms (like tombraider series back in the day)

So, I need another game, not a fps, except if uncharted series is as good as its reviews. Any ideas would be appreciated? I was thinking tombraider underworld, maybe the new starwars.

btw I did search and didn't find much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Bobfish_Almight
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Depends what you mean by similar.

If you're talking free running, there's always Mirror's Edge (not that I'm horrendously biased or anything). Underworld is a little iffy, not exactly the best in the Tomb Raider series, but still fun to play. Whilst Uncharted is a long, tedious series of dangling from ledges and hiding behind chest high walls whilst people shoot at you. A lot of people seem to dig that kind of thing. Bores the pants off me in less time than it took to write that. You could even try Wet, but I don't personally recommend it. And Blade Kitten, on the PSN. 2D platformer, but it's fun, and has some degree of environment interaction. Speaking of the PSN, there's also Beyond Good and Evil. The similarities with Assassin's Creed are, uhm, pretty much none existent. But the game is just boss.

For sword based combat, not so up on that. I hear a lot of praise of Heavenly Sword, though it didn't do much for me. And you could try Enslaved : Odyssey to the West, a retelling of the Monkey Myth, but in the future with a robot. I don't know much about that one though, just that it's received iffy critical acclaim, but a great deal of fan support

Blind2Society
07-19-2011, 09:36 PM
A couple of games I suggest though they all have guns as main(not the only option) weapons. Along with Assassin's Creed these are the best games in the history of the Universe and they are as follows:

-Red Dead Redemption
-Fallout 3
-Fallout New Vegas

Now the only real thing these games have in common with AC are that they are open world though they are FAR less linear than AC. I highly highyl highly recommend them. Also, Uncharted is a brilliant series.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention bout those games, they can keep you occupied for months.

Bobfish_Almight
07-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
A couple of games I suggest though they all have guns as main(not the only option) weapons. Along with Assassin's Creed these are the best games in the history of the Universe and they are as follows:

-Red Dead Redemption
-Fallout 3
-Fallout New Vegas

Now the only real thing these games have in common with AC are that they are open world though they are FAR less linear than AC. I highly highyl highly recommend them. Also, Uncharted is a brilliant series.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention bout those games, they can keep you occupied for months.

No Shadow of the Colossus?

I am disappoint http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

GunnarGunderson
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
not PS3 but Hitman games have some similarities to AC

Bobfish_Almight
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
not PS3 but Hitman games have some similarities to AC

Ooh, that reminds me. You may like Arkham Asylum as well

Blind2Society
07-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:

Sorry. I have heard great things but I have never played the game myself. Perhaps I should.

Bobfish_Almight
07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobfish_Almight:

Sorry. I have heard great things but I have never played the game myself. Perhaps I should. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot recommend it (and it's pre-made sequel) enough. And with the HD remake on the cusp of release, you don't even need a Playstation 2 anymore

Blind2Society
07-19-2011, 09:56 PM
I suppose I'll just wait for the remake as my ps3 is not backwards compatible. Is there a release date set?

Bobfish_Almight
07-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Kotaku (and we all know how reliable they are ) have said September 22nd (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Team-Ico-HD-Collection-Gets-Date-Price-and-Trailer-in-Japan-204167.shtml) in Japan. And, if true, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be the same everywhere else. But I think it's much more likely we'll see it closer to November, or early 2012. Depending on how confident they are about going up against Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3

breedlove94
07-19-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm surprised one has mentioned Infamous. It's an open world and features free running. You also technically use your hands for combat, though of course they're imbued with awesome electrical powers.

Oatkeeper
07-20-2011, 02:18 AM
it really depends on what your looking for in the game, perhaps you can elaborate.

as far as AC like games:

Uncharted is good, but I feel its a bit overated. Its certainly a good game though.

Sly Cooper - Sly 1 is much more platforming centric while Sly2 I think is prolly more in the vein of what your looking for I haven't played 3 yet though)

Infamous - also made by the people who made Sly)

Batman: Arkham asylum/City - awesome game with a sequal around the corner. Very simmilar to AC.

Shadow of the Collosus - This is technically not very similar to AC, aside from the parkour elements but Its pretty much the closest thing ever created to the "perfect" game.

Thief - Pretty much the game that made the stealth genre popular. Very low requirements for PC.

My own personal non related recommendations:

for PC or 360 (on XBLA): Psychonuaghts, its pretty much one of the most creative and unique titles your ever play. its not to taxing on the computer assuming your not running something reaaaaaly old. (though the camp grounds may lag, there is no significant gameplay in that area to be ruined by it)

Monster Hunter games: (namely MH:Unite on PSP or less so MH:Tri on the Wii. Portable 3rd is being remade for PS3 but seeing as the PSP version still hasn't hit outside japan i would hold out for it) Very good action RPG thats hugely underrated and has a wealth of weapons and armor to customize your playstyle. Addmitably this one is a slow starter and a bit harder to get into. But when you do get into it it becomes an addiction. (as in ive put 300+ hours into Tri alone and that has less content than the others, though it does have the most user friendly online play)

NORTHBOERN1
07-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Thaks for the info.! How about the latest Lord of the Rings? That's set in a time/realm I'd be interested in exploring. In all in all I can't really find a game i'd be interested in playing besides POP, and AC. I'm going to check out the good and evil beyond game when I get a chance.

I saw an advertisment for an Asian based game a long time ago that had a combat system using judo, and joint lock throws. That'd be interesting.