PDA

View Full Version : no need to quit

gothpunkboy89
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
now i've had this happening to me a lot on manhunt, alliance and CC. now we all know that the person who is first on the team gets to pick the persona they will play as.

now i like the engineer. after come color and gear change it looks a lot better then the original persona does. yet the few times i get to pick and i choose my engineer everyone quits my team. maybe once in a while i'll have one person who stays. but it gos from 4 to 2 or 1 on a team its really bad on alliance because now i don't have anyone to watch my back.

its not just an isolated incident either. i've done this dozens of times and dozens of times i'm suddenly standing alone because i wanted to play as the engineer. i don't like it when people choose the thief but i don't quit because of it.

Phyxsius-
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Pick different chars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1. Courtesan - but you will end up attracting all the "prepubescent teens". Not a bad idea, but most are.. volatile.

2. Hellequin/ Harlequin = really can`t miss

3. Prowler - but you get all the idiots and roofers

Etc.

Stay away of Engi/FootPad = those are becoming "Most Hated"...

All the above is just my personal opinion and in no way reflecting the general population.

Now, if you would be so kind to forward my fee...

laserjock2003
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
LOL. I imagine it is network difficulty that causes them to leave... it has been taking so long to get into a match recently, I cannot fathom leaving a full room over a character choice.

Funny idea thohttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Matanooska
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
I haven't seen this, but I like the Engineer. I'm not so big on The Priest or The Captain... in fact, for some reason it bothers me the most to be killed by the Captain character. That falls under the "Defies all reason" category...

gothpunkboy89
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
that still isn't any reason to quit. granted the maturity lvl of quit a few players judging by the mic owners i run into is about at a 5th grade lvl. some higher some less so i suppose its enough reasoning for them.

E-Zekiel
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
Pick different chars http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

1. Courtesan - but you will end up attracting all the "prepubescent teens". Not a bad idea, but most are.. volatile.

2. Hellequin/ Harlequin = really can`t miss

3. Prowler - but you get all the idiots and roofers

Etc.

Stay away of Engi/FootPad = those are becoming "Most Hated"...

All the above is just my personal opinion and in no way reflecting the general population.

Now, if you would be so kind to forward my fee...

Your avatar choice doesn't really affect your team. People pick their teams (at the start of the match anyway) before they see what avatar they'll be playing as, so this logic seems kind of odd.

That said, generally you CAN, however, judge the team leader by the chosen avatar. That does not reflect on the entire team though. But if I play manhunt and my team is the Footpad, I surmise that the leader is an idiot.