PDA

View Full Version : New Default skins

GooblyGeck
08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I know the 4.09 beta patch is old as Ive been using it for quite a while, but I just installed the accompanying new default skins. Most are a nice improvement over the defaults, but...

Are some of the Russian skins accurate - especially the LaGG3 (4-series)? I mean, that seems like a really bright green to be using on a war plane. I understand if that was the color they used in real life, but just wanted to see your opinions

JG53Frankyboy
08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
these very bright green colour is correct - weird, indeed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Boosher
08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
For some of the colors, most notably on early yaks, those paints were supposed to be put on the tractors that the factory was making before the war, IIRC. As the factories had no other paint, they used the tractor paint on the aircraft. I think I first read that on these boards, actually.

GooblyGeck
08-04-2008, 04:10 PM
The paint was intended for tractors, eh? Some nice flying tractors they were able to put up! That is pretty interesting though, and does explain it. Thanks for the replies

DaddyAck
08-05-2008, 04:28 AM
hmm, I thought about going to the 4.09 beta to see the big whoopdie doo about the increased vision ranges, but I have a question reguarding the skins. If I install new default skins in 4.08 would they work if installed into my 4.08 so that I can have updated default skins in a version of the game that is still playable online?