PDA

View Full Version : Salute to user community - Developers read!!!!



XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:30 AM
I just want to say thx to all the dedicated users that are trying their best to make this game the best it can be. I think the developers need to pay more attention to the information we post.

PLEASE OLEG AND DEVS:
Fix the 109's climb rate and engine overheating
Fix the super Lagg3
Relax the P-39 a bit
enhance the P-40 a little bit
Give us realistic roll times on P-47 and fix spread on .50's
Tone down climb rate on LA-7
Decrease roll rate of FW-190 at speed and fix damage model


I may have forgotten many issues, but IMHO these are the biggest things going right now. The 109 issue is so glaring, it's insane not to address a.s.a.p.. I am not a super expert, but I read well. From what I have read and based on my own observations and testing, I believe these issues really need fixing. Make that a priority as opposed to giving us more planes. How can you talk add on and expansions when what we have right now is out of balance. I fly primarily Luftwaffe and I find myself getting frustrated more often than not lately when i fly online. When I fly VVS, it is a cakewalk! Pure fun in VVS planes (and i don't even fly lagg3) Forget about the supposed historical arenas, because with 1941 plane set, somehow Luftwaffe is at disadvantage???
Really, come on now Devs. Forget year, Luftwaffe is at a disadvantage because the 109 is screwed and the FW is not half what it should be due to a horrible forward view.

Look, I am just really frustrated. How can you make patches that totally imbalance the history of the planes being represented? Devs you have screwed the German planes up.
I say again : I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED

I think I speak for many of the people that have paid you for this game. At same time I will readily admit that FB is the best that has ever been done so far and I love it. I think it is the lack of acknowledgement we get from the Dev team and Oleg himself that really burns me the most. If I can read these posts everyday, why can't someone from Maddox games do the same? when real valid issues are spotted with accompanied data, why can't we get a "bump" from a Dev saying "we will look into this, thankyou"? We get no feeling that you care for us ( for the most part ). I do understand there is a financial aspect to everything. Making flight sims is very demanding and often the financial rewards do not equate to the time of work put in. We all understand this, but where's the love? If you love your game as much as we love your game, then why not go the whole 9 and fulfill it's destiny as the ultimate WW2 sim. FB is highly expandable and I could see myself flying it for a really long time, in fact until some great new technology comes along I think FB will still be the pinnacle. We all would pay for plane expansion sets and new theatres. Great! I want you to make money, you deserve to. We also deserve to be addresed and respected because we paid money. Devs if you need help testing anything, I volunteer. I will put my time where my mouth is so to speak.

JUST PLEASE RESPECT and HEAR US
MAKE US FEEL APPRECIATED FOR OUR DEDICATION
FIX THE ISSUES THAT WE ALL AGREE ARE BUGS

do that and I guarantee any sim Maddox games produces will be readily bought and flown by all of us dedicated 'Sim jockeys'.

Time for me to fly http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kalo




Message Edited on 09/11/03‚ 04:04AM by kalo456

Message Edited on 09/11/0311:40PM by kalo456

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:30 AM
I just want to say thx to all the dedicated users that are trying their best to make this game the best it can be. I think the developers need to pay more attention to the information we post.

PLEASE OLEG AND DEVS:
Fix the 109's climb rate and engine overheating
Fix the super Lagg3
Relax the P-39 a bit
enhance the P-40 a little bit
Give us realistic roll times on P-47 and fix spread on .50's
Tone down climb rate on LA-7
Decrease roll rate of FW-190 at speed and fix damage model


I may have forgotten many issues, but IMHO these are the biggest things going right now. The 109 issue is so glaring, it's insane not to address a.s.a.p.. I am not a super expert, but I read well. From what I have read and based on my own observations and testing, I believe these issues really need fixing. Make that a priority as opposed to giving us more planes. How can you talk add on and expansions when what we have right now is out of balance. I fly primarily Luftwaffe and I find myself getting frustrated more often than not lately when i fly online. When I fly VVS, it is a cakewalk! Pure fun in VVS planes (and i don't even fly lagg3) Forget about the supposed historical arenas, because with 1941 plane set, somehow Luftwaffe is at disadvantage???
Really, come on now Devs. Forget year, Luftwaffe is at a disadvantage because the 109 is screwed and the FW is not half what it should be due to a horrible forward view.

Look, I am just really frustrated. How can you make patches that totally imbalance the history of the planes being represented? Devs you have screwed the German planes up.
I say again : I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED

I think I speak for many of the people that have paid you for this game. At same time I will readily admit that FB is the best that has ever been done so far and I love it. I think it is the lack of acknowledgement we get from the Dev team and Oleg himself that really burns me the most. If I can read these posts everyday, why can't someone from Maddox games do the same? when real valid issues are spotted with accompanied data, why can't we get a "bump" from a Dev saying "we will look into this, thankyou"? We get no feeling that you care for us ( for the most part ). I do understand there is a financial aspect to everything. Making flight sims is very demanding and often the financial rewards do not equate to the time of work put in. We all understand this, but where's the love? If you love your game as much as we love your game, then why not go the whole 9 and fulfill it's destiny as the ultimate WW2 sim. FB is highly expandable and I could see myself flying it for a really long time, in fact until some great new technology comes along I think FB will still be the pinnacle. We all would pay for plane expansion sets and new theatres. Great! I want you to make money, you deserve to. We also deserve to be addresed and respected because we paid money. Devs if you need help testing anything, I volunteer. I will put my time where my mouth is so to speak.

JUST PLEASE RESPECT and HEAR US
MAKE US FEEL APPRECIATED FOR OUR DEDICATION
FIX THE ISSUES THAT WE ALL AGREE ARE BUGS

do that and I guarantee any sim Maddox games produces will be readily bought and flown by all of us dedicated 'Sim jockeys'.

Time for me to fly http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kalo




Message Edited on 09/11/03‚ 04:04AM by kalo456

Message Edited on 09/11/0311:40PM by kalo456

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:33 AM
For two years. Someone has been saying fix the 109.

************************************************** **************
I'm Earl
<center>

http://www.hansontrailers.com/trailer18.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 12:38 AM
reduce turn rate of La7 and fix the P-47 damage model too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
also add some E bleed to VVS planes, espsecially lagg. they tend to store it oddly http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Reduce turnrate on la7? Is that off too?

That really doesn't bother me as much as it's bs climbrate in relation to the overheat saddled 109's.

I never turn with la7's.

I'll only turn at high speed when I know I can get a shot in.

Even at high altitude la7's climb seems off. When it's engine should be developing less HP that k4, it will still out zoom and eventually outclimb the k4 as it overheats.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:57 PM
kalo456 wrote:
-
-
- I may have forgotten a few issues, but IMHO these
- are the biggest things going right now. The 109
- issue is so glaring, it's insane not to address
- a.s.a.p.. I am not a super expert, but I read well.
- From what I have read and based on my own
- observations and testing, I believe these issues
- really need fixing. Make that a priority as opposed
- to giving us more planes. How can you talk add on
- and expansions when what we have right now is out of
- balance. I fly primarily Luftwaffe and I find myself
- getting frustrated more often than not lately when i
- fly online. When I fly VVS, it is a cakewalk! Pure
- fun in VVS planes (and i don't even fly lagg3)
- Forget about the supposed historical arenas, because
- with 1941 plane set, somehow Luftwaffe is at
- disadvantage???
- Really, come on now Devs. Forget year, Luftwaffe is
- at a disadvantage because the 109 is screwed and the
- FW is not half what it should be due to a horrible
- forward view.

Now what makes you think that the BF-109 was a super-fighter? The origin of the 109's can be traced back to the first half of the 1930's. by the time of 1942, it was an outdated, cramped, light and slow fighter. Even today, REAL historians ask themselves why on earth they kept producing this fighter.

-
- Look, I am just really frustrated.
- How can you make
- patches that totally imbalance the history of the
- planes being represented? Devs you have screwed the
- German planes up.

Maybe you should start to learn to fly.

- I say again : I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED

You are right about that...

-
- JUST PLEASE RESPECT and HEAR US
- MAKE US FEEL APPRECIATED FOR OUR DEDICATION
- FIX THE ISSUES THAT WE ALL AGREE ARE BUGS

Leave me out of this please...
-
- do that and I guarantee any sim Maddox games
- produces will be readily bought and flown by all of
- us dedicated 'Sim jockeys'.
-
- Time for me to fly /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The unpatched version I guess?

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:51 PM
You know, I just knew some (I won't say it) was going to come along and try and flame me. Listen whoever you are, do you read the history of the air war on the Eastern front? The 109 was dominant until late 42' really more like 43' when the VVS received newer aircraft in larger numbers and also started changing their tactics a bit in certain units.

Since you know so much Mr. Platypus, what aircraft of the VVS could outclimb a BF-109G6?

No one ever said the 109 should be the best dogfighter or the fastest or the best in any way. If you do not model it's main strength in proportion to the opposing sides aircraft then whats the point? The Germans only have 2 primary fighter types. That is not too much to focus on and make sure everything is as accurate as possible. Quite frankly I don't believe in a russian conspiracy theory or anything of that nature. I don't believe there was any intent on part of the developement team to single out the Luftwaffe aircraft and screw them. I think it just so happened that way. For whatever reason.

Truth is, whether you care to see it Mr. Platypus, the 109 is not what it should be. In order to even be competitive with what most people fly online for the VVS, you have to use manual prop pitch and jockey your radiator all the time. You have VVS planes that don't overheat and put out max performance continuosly with no necessary input from the pilot. You have a 109 that at the slightest hint of damage looses control cables regularly. I have had all three of my control axis's shot out by MG or Cannon fire on many occasions. Do you think that is realistic Mr. Platypus? In return I can fire all of my MG ammo at a Lagg3, hit it many times and all i see is maybe a little grey smoke and the thing just keeps flying and fighting like nothing happened. Hmmmmmmm
The strength of the 109 is the Daimler Benz engine. It made the 109 what it was. Not aerodynamics or cockpit visability or armament or durability. High power to weight ratio for an aircraft of that era. Speed in dive and speed in climb. Thats the core of what we 109 pilots need modelled accurately. The damage model the somewhat tameness of the MG151 20mm rounds, The punch of the MG 131, etc, etc...
There are other things, many things that need tweaking regarding alot of planes. As I have said before though, for god's sake there are only 2 Luftwaffe fighters and the 109 has to be considered the primary LW fighter of the eastern front. How can you pork the most important Luftwaffe fighter of the war?

Lastly Mr. Platypus, have you ever helped anybody on this message board or any other board? Have you ever helped fix a technical problem someone had, or contributed something positive to others? I know I have and I also know I have never flamed anyone and said maybe they "should start to learn to fly". I have flown a Cessna, I plan on really flying more in the near future. I have been playing Flight sims since Microsoft Flight simulator 1, on monochrome green CRT's. Does that make me an expert? No, I am humbled by how much people know here on this board alone, not to mention the more computer technical forums I regularly read.

You Mr. Platypus are an (Fill the blank)

I will be looking for you online Mr. Platypus.
Perhaps you will let your tremendous expertise speak for itself from a flaming hole in the earth....

Last I heard, the Platypus was endangered species....

4./JG52_Kalo

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:

- Now what makes you think that the BF-109 was a
- super-fighter? The origin of the 109's can be traced
- back to the first half of the 1930's. by the time of
- 1942, it was an outdated, cramped, light and slow
- fighter. Even today, REAL historians ask themselves
- why on earth they kept producing this fighter.


By 1942 Bf-109 was the best climbing aeroplane in the world. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


-jippo

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Thank you Jippo01

I don't know this Mr. Platypus, but I don't respect him. It would have been ok for hin to disagree with my post, however he did not have to insinuate anything regarding my flying ability, not to mention he needs to get his facts straight.


Kalo

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
Jippo01 wrote:
-
- Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:
-
-- Now what makes you think that the BF-109 was a
-- super-fighter? The origin of the 109's can be traced
-- back to the first half of the 1930's. by the time of
-- 1942, it was an outdated, cramped, light and slow
-- fighter. Even today, REAL historians ask themselves
-- why on earth they kept producing this fighter.
-
-
- By 1942 Bf-109 was the best climbing aeroplane in
- the world.


Even more so, until '44 it was the best dogfighter in the world. Though at the end of the war Spitfire became a real threat with MkIX and XIV models, also La7 at low altitudes.
Platypus you can throw in the fire without remorse any warbirds book that emits such idiotic theory. Bf-109 was from the beginning to the end of war the cutting edge of piston fighter performance.


<center> http://www.stormbirds.com/images/discussion-main.jpg </center>

Message Edited on 09/11/0302:46PM by Huckebein_FW

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:45 PM
kalo456 wrote:
- Thank you Jippo01
-
- I don't know this Mr. Platypus, but I don't respect
- him. It would have been ok for hin to disagree with
- my post, however he did not have to insinuate
- anything regarding my flying ability, not to mention
- he needs to get his facts straight.


Don't worry too much, Platypus is not a bad guy, probably he's p*ssed off with so much whining these days on ORR, whithout realizing that they are well justified.


<center> http://www.stormbirds.com/images/discussion-main.jpg </center>

Message Edited on 09/11/0302:46PM by Huckebein_FW

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:48 PM
BUMP!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Thx Huckebein_FW

I know everybody is a little tightly wrapped nowadays regarding FB. I know I am. I feel very strongly about it because I love it so much. It could really be the Holy grail considering existing technology, if only Oleg and Devs would do it properly.

That's what upsets me. I made a post flaming no one and Mr. Platypus chose to take the low road and question my flying abilites without knowing me. On top of that he doesn't even have his facts right......

So as they say in fencing, En Guard Mr. Platypus

I just want to show him the business end of my MG151 now!

LOL

Lets settle this on the field of battle

Achtung!!! Der ist Platypus en der luft

4./JG52_Kalo

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Okay, I am willing to take the discussion, with better motivation this time. I think you are trying to make yourself important by addressing the development team of Maddox games with supposed bugs.

You've collected some flight model issues from these boards and didn't think of anything yourself, nothing original.

Quote:

- The 109 issue is so glaring, it's insane not to address
- a.s.a.p.. I am not a super expert, but I read well. From
- what I have read and based on my own observations and
- testing, I believe these issues really need fixing

Without telling what actually these issue(s) are. If they are so 'glaring' and 'insane', strange not to mention them. I'm not a super expert myself but, at least I don't have the arrogance to name bug after 'so-called' bug.


Quote:

- I fly primarily Luftwaffe and I find myself getting
- frustrated more often than not lately when i fly online
- When I fly VVS, it is a cakewalk! Pure fun in VVS planes
- (and i don't even fly lagg3) Forget about the supposed
- historical arenas, because with 1941 plane set, somehow
- Luftwaffe is at disadvantage???

When you fly LW most of the time, you should know that fighting with those aircraft require more planning and anticipation. It has always been like that. The main advantage the LW had in 1941, was pilot training, tactics and seasoned, skilled pilots. Something that can't be simulated online because, pilots there on both sides, are approximatly with the same skill. So, to be really historical, you should put all Noobs in VVS planes and all expert online flyers in LW aircraft. somthing you cannot make anyone do. VVS aircraft where also easier to fly but, not so 'advanced'. for example, all 109's and 190's had superchargers and had superior performance, really high up but, when flying online, do you get much above 5000m?


Quote:

- Look, I am just really frustrated. How can you make
- patches that totally imbalance the history of the planes
- being represented? Devs you have screwed the German
- planes up.
- I say again : I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED

Now, before this piece of text, you where just another whiner but, here it began to get ugly. You state that all the flight models of the planes available are so messed up that the whole history of how it should be (in your mind) is porked. I find it hard to believe. German planes are no longer flying the way you like them. Maybe the real history is diffent from what you like? We had some me-262 whiners, a few weeks back that stated that this plane should climb like a rocket because it had jet engines and they couldn't believe that with those very early jets, it was really underpowered after all. (it takes ages to get of the ground) Well, it was like that in real life. they are rarely available on HL servers and that is a shame.


- I think I speak for many of the people that have paid
- you for this game.

Not for me.


- At same time I will readily admit that FB is the best
- that has ever been done so far and I love it.

How can you say that? it totally is diffrent from what you stated before!!

- I think it is the lack of acknowledgement we get from
- the Dev team and Oleg himself that really burns me the
- most.

Oleg and co is giving us the best after-market support in the history of (flightsim) games. How much have the makers of EAW, various janes series, CFS 1&2&3 or any other flightsims gave us? for free? Do you see how far this game is and has gone? and most of it for free!!!! And do you really expect that someone at the Maddox office would keep an eye on these boards all day? It would get really boring, really quick. Oleg is one of the few developpers who actually post here once or twice. He is now doing less posts here today, it was alot more before we had FB. Probably the whiners scared him off a bit.

- We all understand this, but where's the love? If you
- love your game as much as we love your game, then why
- not go the whole 9 and fulfill it's destiny as the
- ultimate WW2 sim.

What else is the ultimate WWII flightsim? Oleg does love this game, it is his baby! you should read some interviews he did in the old days!!! He loves WWII aviation and is a walking encyclopedia on this matter!

- We also deserve to be addresed and respected because we
- paid money.

The ammount of time and money Oleg and his team has invested for this game, cannot be brought up by Il-2/FB game sales only, i think.

- JUST PLEASE RESPECT and HEAR US
- MAKE US FEEL APPRECIATED FOR OUR DEDICATION
- FIX THE ISSUES THAT WE ALL AGREE ARE BUGS

This is the biggest piece of arrogance. Not only you assume that everyone is not satisfied with the game, you also assume all the issues you name are bugs and that the whole community agrees with you. How can you say that? I allready feel appriciated that Oleg lets us make planes and cockpits for his sim and that his dev team takes on the daunting task of giving them a FM, DM and AI!!! and giving the result almost for free!!!

Last word: I also fly the luftwaffe, they seem to have the only planes, capable of handling the speeds that you get when doing BnZing. Only since the latest patch, the P-47 begins to be intresting for this (because of its rollrate). before the patch, only LW planes where good at this tactic. However, I will participate in the upcomming European Il-2/FB championship (or LLTM) with my squad. We will fly VVS side. Now I train myself for VVS so, I can be really good by the time of the contest.

Anyways, I think this board has too much people who sit at their desk all day, looking at figures of WWII aircraft and suddenly, thinking they are experts. Sorry, there are alot of real experts present on these boards but, also alot of fakes.

BTW, thanks for the help with the Il-2 comparison software issue.



1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
Huckebein_FW wrote:
-
- Don't worry too much, Platypus is not a bad guy,
- probably he's p*ssed off with so much whining these
- days on ORR, whithout realizing that they are well
- justified.
-
-
Thanks dude, I am really a bit p*ssed yes. When this game came out and I joind this forum, I really felt that Oleg had put all his love in this piece of software and now look what he's got in return!

Every day, there where praises to Oleg and team at first but, nowadays? most of the posts are whining. You can have critics but, don't be insulting to the developpers!! (P-47 roll-rate was really off in the beginning)

But, now the roll-rate is fixed (dunno if it is now historic but, the P-47 is really deadly now) they began whining about the .50 gun dispersion!!! Hell, I can break any plane in |FB in several pieces with it but, you really need to hit enemies at convergence range. There's not much tolerance with that.

Yet another unique feature. Which flight-sim lets you set convergence?? most flightsims simply assume a fixed convergence or, have all the guns, converging for as far as the bullets go!


Call me a whine-whiner.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Mr. Platypus

I have very little further I wish to say to you. However, please be a man and accept the following:

You made a historically incorrect statement saying the BF-109 was obsolete in 1942. That shows how much you know and especially considering the eastern front??? Whew, read more often

You made a personal attack on me by saying "perhaps i should learn to fly". I was not insulting you in my post. I never said anything about you or how u feel. As a paying customer I am entitled to my occasional rant on this message board. If you disagreed with my viewpoint I would have not taken offense. However you chose the low road. Don't get it twisted in your mind, you were the offender.

So say what you will.

I think anyone who reads this whole post will see who is wrong or right here Mr. Platypunk

Anything else you had to say will be ignored.

Looking forward to seeing you on HL Mr. Platypunk


Kalo

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 03:18 AM
kalo456 wrote:
- Mr. Platypus
-
- I have very little further I wish to say to you.
- However, please be a man and accept the following:
-
- You made a historically incorrect statement saying
- the BF-109 was obsolete in 1942. That shows how much
- you know and especially considering the eastern
- front??? Whew, read more often

See? the problems is that some ppl read too much. They think all the wisdom come from books. Or worse, the internet. Internet can be a great source for data and info but, most if the time, it is giving you crap and wrong facts/numbers/performance. Books and official documents aren't always right too. check this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzkbg


You should read this thread and most of all, read the response it gets if you are intrested in my motivation for calling the Bf-109 an obsolete plane by 1942.

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbum

-
- You made a personal attack on me by saying "perhaps
- i should learn to fly".

Okay, flying the 109 just got harder (like it shoud, it was rapidly becomming a Noob plane) but, I can still get kills with it. don't you?

- I was not insulting you in
- my post. I never said anything about you or how u
- feel. As a paying customer I am entitled to my
- occasional rant on this message board.

You are entitled to you opinion and may cast critics whenever you want to but, the way you did it with your original post, it was just like insulting Oleg and blaming him for making something (the patch, for free!!) that was totally wrong.

Yeah I was P*ssed about that.

- If you
- disagreed with my viewpoint I would have not taken
- offense. However you chose the low road.

You choose the low road, you where insulting the developpers and, they can't do anything back!

-
- Looking forward to seeing you on HL Mr. Platypunk
-
-
This will be very 'intresting' indeed yes.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 09:44 AM
sweet rig there end dump earl





<center>http://home.wanadoo.nl/siem.postma/md/Gun%20copy.jpg</center>



<marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"MIGHTY DEMONS..IN HONOUR WE TRUST,..WITH PASSION WE FLY,..HARD DRINKS WE ARE DRINKING,..HOT GIRLS WE ARE WANTING,..FAST CARS WE ARE LOVING...EVERYTHING THAT WE DO.WE DO IT FOR FAME...<FONT SIZE></marquee>

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 01:02 PM
hmm let's see about those points you put up

109s climb and overheating: the 109 can climb! it's one of the main reasons it's a boom and zoom fighter. Hell, in the Aces over Europe manual there's even an instruction of what do when the fight against a 109 goes into the vertical.

as far as overheating goes I'd say you'd have look a bit better how you can prevent it from happening.


the super Lagg3. What's wrong with the qmb and practicing. Hell, I"ve outflown one Lagg3 in a freaking Brewster and shot one down with the pilot killed again in a brewster.

that thingy about relaxing the P39 a bit tells me a lot.
at what altitude did you fly it? You know it excells at low altitude right? also as a bit history for you. The british tried the airacobra over the channel front. It wasn't a sucess. The squadron that used it exchanged their P 39s against Spit Vs, resulting in some of the P39s delivered to Russia still having English markings.

The P40: if you would have done your homework, you would have known the P40 isn't a real dogfighter either. ever heard of the AVG? if so you would have known that these guys scored against even more manouvrable planes then the I16.

the P47: it wasn't called the Jug for nothing. It was probably the heaviest fighter around. And those eight .50s. That spread doesn't need fixing. It's your aim that does!

as far as the La7 goes: one of the many designs that came into service to counter the Fw 190 and 109s superiority. that's why the La-7 gets up there fast.

as far as the 190 is concerned, do some more research. don't forget to include the channel fron from 1941 onwards. You'll see some interesting stuff.

and finally, don't forget it's JUST a game.

I'm a crappy pilot, but one hell of a shot.

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 10:06 PM
So...you cover up behind an Alias...and want to make changes on the Game....could you post copies of your sources?, and also the name of the Engineering school where you got your PHD on warbird performances.

I think If you want to be heard, at least you can provide hard evidence to back up your petition.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kurbalaganda/Loco-S.gif

[B]Burning Avgas at alarming rates since 1990. [B]
<G>Visit http://www.aopa.org<G>
I love the Me 109 but... "Ich bin ein W√ľrgerwhiner"!! too /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Sharpe26

The '41 LaGG was an overheating nightmare per NII VVS tests and combat pilot comments. It won't overheat in the sim without a lot of effort. It also climbs too well. The 109 overheats easily and can't reach top speeds easily. It climbs pretty well.

Shooting down LaGG AI's with a Brewster should be easy. The Finnish Brewster was a light agile aircraft the LaGG was not. The AI always tries to turn and burn, and that is insane in a LaGG vs. a Brewster. If you didn't handle them easily, then your piloting skills would be highly suspect. The Brewster turn time seems a bit better than it was in the beta...in the beta the I-16 out turned it by about a second, now it is the other way around. I also wonder why the engine never overheats in the Brewster. It was a lighter plane than the heavy machines that had trouble overheating in the warm Pacific, but I suspect it should get a bit warm at max boost in a sustained turn fight.

The early La-5 should be added to the list of problem planes. It should be about 20 km/hr slower in general, and prone to overheating. What we seem to have is a later lightened version of the La-5. It doesn't make sense that in many regards it is outperforming the La-5F that fixed many problems with the La-5. The La-5 was a big improvement over the LaGG but it had problems that led to the La-5F. The incremental nature of the improvement is sadly missing.