PDA

View Full Version : Installation for PF into IL2FB

Aphelion79
09-18-2005, 12:45 PM
I had bought IL2 FB and had fun with that...

Now I see Pacific Fighters, so I decided to finally buy it (got stuck on an MMORPG inbetween, lol)

Now, I see it says Merged IL2FB+AEP+PF

Do I need to buy Ace Expansion pack to play PF Merged with IL2FB?

Right now, I have FB+PF and was able to install merged BUT, when I got past the CD problem it just doesn't start... at all... hour glass comes up and then goes away and nothing starts..

So, do I need Ace Expansion before I can do merged PF?

DuxCorvan
09-18-2005, 12:50 PM
In one word: yes.

Sorry, but PF only merges with the expanded version of FB.

Aphelion79
09-18-2005, 01:24 PM
LMAO, great I've spent nearly 5 hours trying to get it to work just to finally figure out what was rather obvious lol...

Well... at least it is a simple fix, lol!

LEXX_Luthor
09-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Right now, I have FB+PF and was able to install merged BUT, when I got past the CD problem it just doesn't start... at all... hour glass comes up and then goes away and nothing starts..
In the five hours of hour glassing, you should have been able to read past the first two lines of the PF Readme file and found...

PF Readme file::

1. Install PF as a stand-alone product
2. Install PF into IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles (FB) with the Ace Expansion Pack (AEP).

Have you considered Speed Reading class? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

mmm. You don't need any FB 2.0+ Patches, not sure about PF 3.0+ Patches. You will need 4.0+ Patches. I forgot the Patch procedure but its all in the Patch instructions -- don't speed read these though.

Wellcome to The Merge

Skycat_2
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
I tried installing PF directly over FB just for fun back when I first got it, just to see what would happen. PF will seem to install fine and you can even launch past the splash screen into the menu ... after that nothing will work.

As for the procedure for FB+AEP+PF, the method I've seen is:
1) Install FB and run it once.
2) Install AEP over FB and run it once.
3) Install PF over FB/AEP and run it once.
4) Download and install the full 3.03m patch and then run the sim.
5) Finish with the 4.01m patch.