PDA

View Full Version : Voice Recognition

tjclegg
04-20-2004, 10:42 AM
I am really pleased that SH3 is coming out, but I must confess I got the SH series mixed up with Enigma:Rising Tide.

I can confidently say that E:RT is not as good as SH2 (or 3, hopefully), but one thing I was impressed with was the voice activated commands.

Is there any chance of this feature being implemented in SH3? It would add a lot to the game, and give it another major feature to differentiate it from SH2.

tjclegg
04-20-2004, 10:42 AM
I am really pleased that SH3 is coming out, but I must confess I got the SH series mixed up with Enigma:Rising Tide.

I can confidently say that E:RT is not as good as SH2 (or 3, hopefully), but one thing I was impressed with was the voice activated commands.

Is there any chance of this feature being implemented in SH3? It would add a lot to the game, and give it another major feature to differentiate it from SH2.

SailorSteve
04-20-2004, 04:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tjclegg:

Is there any chance of this feature being implemented in SH3? It would add a lot to the game, and give it another major feature to differentiate it from SH2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have read several requests for voice activation on other boards, and though my computer is too old and small to use it, I think it's a good idea.

Here's a question though: do you want it in English or to be realistic are you willing to learn German?

tjclegg
04-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Fortunately, I can speak german, so I wouldn't mind either way.

But in the interest of making the game marketable, it might be best to have an option of either english or german. Perhaps the language could be changed depending on where the game is sold.

Drebbel
04-21-2004, 01:10 AM
AODcommand also included voice recognition. I must say I never used it much.

So I can easily do with out voice recognition. IMHO it would be a waste of dev-time & money to include this feature.

Drebbel

The Submarines of the Royal Netherlands Navy 1906 - 2004
http://www.DutchSubmarines.com/
We have a NEW FORUM:
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/phpbb2/
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/hosting/images/sig/drebbel/kmoorlwp.gif

ClipWing
04-26-2004, 07:36 PM
I've been playing E:RT since it became available,and must agree with tjclegg that a very good game was made even better by the Voice Rec (after I got my headset in December).

For those not familiar with E:RT, I should mention that as well as giving all orders by voice, the crew confirms your orders, and also gives general information such as damage control comments. These Voice Packs can be customized.

SHIII looks like it will be a great game, but I do think it will be even better if voice-enhanced.

Rotaryrockstar
05-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Heya! I don't understand why there aren't more responses to this thread, I guess it's just me... I initially bought DC because I wanted to fire big *** guns but then ended up falling completly in love with SHII. This prompted a whole new interest in my life... WWII U-boat warfare is the coolest! I loved SHII even though it was relativly older software, I saw what else was on the scene and that was Enigma
I tell you, I have turned more of my friends heads and raised thier eyebrows witht the voice command system... Then I say "hey check this game out... SHII!" Then I start hitting the keyboard and they get bored... I know that's lame and that they don't understand how cool that game is... I agree it's not nessecary for the voice bit but, whenever I go back to SHII for a dose of REAL submarine action I get lightly annoyed with have to use the keyboard again... Maybe I am just lazy, could be...

On a realism note, I enjoy the voice command system because keyboard commands make your crew a little bit psychic... I like having to take the time in the game to issue orders, I.e. you can only issue one order at a time!
It can make the difference in whether or not you clear a ships keel before it rams you! hehehe....

Someone on subsim.com said to try gamecommander for SHII, I just looked it up and its $75!!! You can forget that... XP already has voice rec software! I am open to other suggestions but in conclusion I would REALLY love to have the voice rec system in SHIII, with the games newfound emphasis on crew relations... I would like to be able to "talk" to them...

tjclegg
05-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Here, Here! Rotaryrockstar http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Rotaryrockstar
05-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Hehehe... Thanx... I guess I got a little excited when I was writing that post! But really!? I can't believe this awesome feature of the future isn't getting more attention!
Who do I write to!??? Lemme at 'em!
Bark! Bark! Growl......
hehehe