PDA

View Full Version : Ok, a few questions

Kayotik82
02-28-2006, 05:11 AM
I cant believe I waited this long to purchase a game from this series. I knew it was out, but never got into them, mainly because my last joystick I bought was some 10-12 years ago, and never invested in another one. I recently purchased a joy just so I could fly in bf1942, and was thinking to myself that I needed to find a good flight sim. So, for 20 bucks, I noticed on the direct 2 drive site they were offering PF for 19.99. So, i said hey, what the hell, ill give it a whirl. Now Im hooked, and i know the d2d PF version cant be merged, im thinking of hunting down all 3 bozed versions.
Ok, so my Q is, The only versions I need are Forgotten Battles and AEP correct? Forgotten battles is just a re-release of IL2, so I dont need IL2 as well? Just FB, AEP, an PF correct?
ANd any word on the dvd of all 3?
Thanks fellas.

Kayotik82
02-28-2006, 05:11 AM
I cant believe I waited this long to purchase a game from this series. I knew it was out, but never got into them, mainly because my last joystick I bought was some 10-12 years ago, and never invested in another one. I recently purchased a joy just so I could fly in bf1942, and was thinking to myself that I needed to find a good flight sim. So, for 20 bucks, I noticed on the direct 2 drive site they were offering PF for 19.99. So, i said hey, what the hell, ill give it a whirl. Now Im hooked, and i know the d2d PF version cant be merged, im thinking of hunting down all 3 bozed versions.
Ok, so my Q is, The only versions I need are Forgotten Battles and AEP correct? Forgotten battles is just a re-release of IL2, so I dont need IL2 as well? Just FB, AEP, an PF correct?
ANd any word on the dvd of all 3?
Thanks fellas.

djetz
02-28-2006, 05:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RommelsMind:
Just FB, AEP, and PF correct?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct.

I believe it will be "a while" before the DVD with everything on it comes out - there are plans for more updates/patches first.

rnzoli
02-28-2006, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djetz:
I believe it will be "a while" before the DVD with everything on it comes out - there are plans for more updates/patches first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Which is a real shame. Everybody seems to be confused about what is compatible with what, especially that AEP is sometimes difficult to get hold of. Mix in the 'expansions' that are only campaigns, and confusion rules for hours.

I can only see this as some kind of hard entry exam for all future IL2 fans. If you aren't stubborn enough to dig through this confusion, you would be whining about the FM anyway, and throw away your disks 2 weeks later.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif