PDA

View Full Version : TDC

Wolf52371
03-26-2005, 03:34 PM
One of the things i liked about sh2 was that i knew how to tweak the gyro angle to make up for the computer's calculations. Ive tried looking for this in sh3, but i cant find a way to do it without putting the whole process into manual. On a patrol i had i came across a coastal ship, and i knew he would see my t1, even from 400m so i wanted to compensate and put a couple degrees extra lead on the trajectory but i couldnt figure out how to do it.

Timber...wolf
03-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey wolf some in here say once its lined up with the green arrow .. UNLOCK it aim forward or whereever ya want to and let it fly ... I think this is the answer your aiming at if not pardon my miss.

Wolf52371
03-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Well normally i would put it in manual but i wanted the have the info keep updating... it was so much easier in sh2 with the offset angle dial...

Wolf52371
03-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Another prime example of when i needed the offset dial you can use when firing a salvo when i was firing one torpedo. I came across a light cruiser, a fiji i believe. I had a perfect 90 degree shot on him at about 500 meters, but i knew i would need a few extra degrees of compensation for his speed (cause the computer never does the calculations right i find). I would have put the TDC into manual but then the data would not update itself (and it was changing a lot since he was moving so fast). Does anybody out there know a way to do this?

chris455
03-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Unlock the target and lead him with your crosshairs.
The other data will remain in the TDC, when you move the crosshairs, bearing adjusts automatically, influencing gyro angle.