PDA

View Full Version : new to series

bwchaney
11-18-2004, 10:20 AM
i just bought pacific fighters and wonder about the whole series install i have been reading about. what games do i have to buy? il-2, forgotten battles, aep or just fb and aep? i want to make this series my number one flying priority and want to get it right the first time. please thanks in advance devildog

carguy_
11-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Forgotten Battles+Aces Expansion Pack.You can find them both under FB Gold title.

BERNDT79
11-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Yes,

car guy is right. The best way to get the whole package if you already have Pacific Fighters is to buy the Forgotten Battles Goldpack, which comes with Forgotten Battles as well as the Ace Expansion pack in one nice little box. I picked mine up about last april, and have never looked back. And now combining it with PF it is great. Happy flyin, have fun!

Gato__Loco
11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey chaney, Welcome!!!
You should get Forgotten Battles (FB), and the Aces Expansion Pack (AEP). You can buy the Forgotten Battles Gold Pack which includes FB and AEP. You do not need the original IL-2.
Be sure to get necessary patches.

VF51_Flatspin
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
The majority of the online community has installed PF as an upgrade to FB+AEP so you'll be able to get yer a$$ handed to ya by the best (if you're anything like me that is)!

Welcome aboard! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Capt._Tenneal
11-18-2004, 11:05 AM
If you plan to do any offline flying using the dynamic campaign (DGEN), it would be good to also pick up Battle Over Europe, an unofficial add-on to the series from the same guys who later worked on Pacific Fighters. BOE has Oleg's blessing and it would give you the Western Front strategic bombing campaigns.

Mjollnir111675
11-18-2004, 11:35 AM
" Be sure to get necessary patches."

No patch needed for fb/aep/pf.
Well excluding the awaited current for pf.

bwchaney
11-18-2004, 01:04 PM
thanks all for your quick response. devildog