PDA

View Full Version : Saitek x45 users with rudder pedals; an alternate use for the rocker...

John_Stag
10-21-2004, 02:38 PM
I've figured out how to use it as the brake.

1. Go to calibration

2. when it's the rocker's turn, just press either right or left (your choice). It will calibrate with the centre point as the zero position.

3. Go into FB, and map the brake to the rocker in the HOTAS section.

Sorted.

Bearcat99
10-21-2004, 06:43 PM
Nahhhhhh if you have pedals make that rocker arm flaps. I use an X45/MSFFB2/CH combo setup that is great for me. I have the rocker arm banded so that it is a switch with a deadband in the middle. Click left flaps go down.. click right flqps go up.. works for me. Download my X45 profile from my squad's site... once you get it you can change it but the important thing is the rocker is banded. My brakes are on my pedals where they belong... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

nickdanger3
10-21-2004, 08:15 PM
So Bear...how did you band it. I'm picturing rubberbands, or is this a technical term?

Tully__
10-21-2004, 08:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nickdanger3:
So Bear...how did you band it. I'm picturing rubberbands, or is this a technical term? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When installed in Advanced mode Saitek's drivers allow you to assign key strokes to various parts of the range of motion for any of the controller axes. You'll need to right click on the relevant axis control and select "Banded" to set up which parts of the range of motion you want key strokes assigned to, then assign keystrokes to each range of motion.

When banding the rocker it's a good idea to leave a band with no assignment at the centered position to prevent constant key presses being sent when the user is not applying any input.

Bearcat99
10-21-2004, 08:34 PM
It is making a rotary or a slider a multiple banded switch.. Just go into the software on the rudder and look for the little arrow on the right side. When you hit it it will say Axis,Bands,Mouse Xaxis, Mouse Y Axis.. hit bands and set the bands.. then apply the keys you want to use.. in the case of rudder I used the defaults F & V.

John_Stag
10-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Never had anything but trouble with the programming software for The X45, to the point that I don't use it any more. downloaded the latest version, yet still had a problem loading profiles.

Besides, I've got four extra rotaries to play with as well; use the back rotary on the throttle for flaps, three for trim in all axis, and one which was going to be fuel mix. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Until I stumbled across this though, I had absolutely no use whatsoever for that rocker.

tenmmike
10-22-2004, 12:26 AM
i use the rocker to enable and dis able TIR and to center TIR

F19_Orheim
10-22-2004, 01:39 AM
I use it as a malfunctioned rudder. Just got pedals but keep fiddeling with the rocker when need for rudder just to realize it don't work anymore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif