PDA

View Full Version : You know what I miss?

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Of course, the general assassination style of AC where you could choose what to do and when etc, but, more specifically, the escape. That's one of the most awesome parts of the assassination. I've just been reminded of it when replaying AC and assassinating Abu'l Nuqoud. Drop from the roof, grab the bar hanging over the door, drop from the bar to the balcony and ram the hidden blade into his stomach as he paces on the balcony.

Then the awesomeness begins...sprint away from his bodyguards, round the corner and through the doors, down several flights of stairs, past a guard patrol and then barge through two guards standing at a gate out to the street...sprinting through the crowds on the street whilst vigilantes fly out and grab the guards, leaving me to sprint up a ladder and into a roof garden...
All the while, this song is playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8Dd0vGl14

then the cautious and stealthy return to the bureau while every guard in the city is out looking for me.

Does anyone else feel the same? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ConBroChill88
01-02-2011, 09:17 AM
ya i agree

LordWolv
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Completely 100% agreed in every way humanly possible.

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Words cannot describe how strongly I agree with this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rakudaton
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
YES! I miss this hugely. And it'd be even better with the "crowd blending" mechanic of AC2/B, rather than the "hold down a button to be undetectable until a moronic leper hits you". Even though neither is realistic, moving from crowd to crowd takes a degree of skill -- rather than just holding down a button whilst moving at a speed even a snail would disapprove of.

Think how much better the stealthy return would have been if they'd thought of the crowd blending thing in AC1. Add in the air assassination ability and the soundtrack "Ezio's Family", and AC1 would be the best game of all time.

Nick1021
01-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Ye, I really hated the 100% sync. I want to do the most effective way of being stealthy.

And the 100% syncs were pretty annoying. I'm not going to even bother on a few. Their is a very thin line between challenging and too hard.

If you got to the tank part then their should be a checkpoint there. I don't want to re-do the entire thing just to try again.

AMuppetMatt
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I didn't mind the 100% sync thing, it gave you a different way of doing things and it's not like it's mandatory. It's the type of thing you can do after you've completed the game twice and start getting bored with it, revisit the missions you didn't get 100% on and give it a go.

But have to agree on some of them being too hard though, some of the tombs in 8 minutes? Yeah right...

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
Ye, I really hated the 100% sync. I want to do the most effective way of being stealthy.

And the 100% syncs were pretty annoying. I'm not going to even bother on a few. Their is a very thin line between challenging and too hard.

If you got to the tank part then their should be a checkpoint there. I don't want to re-do the entire thing just to try again.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:tz-ZJphg3Itr8M:http://lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

Jarek23
01-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Yes, it doesn't have to be after every assassination, but several of them would be nice.

Avl521
01-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I agree on that.
I still miss planning the assassinations, ubi should bring that back, make us gather info on the main targets and then we'll plan how to kill them.

Then after we kill them bring a HUGE amount of guards and make us escape. Although escaping will be harder with agiles... the dudes run more than Ezio does.

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Yea, I think we need better ways of escaping agiles rather than smoke bombs or jumping every time they get close. They are more of an annoyance for me tbh.

Randy 355
01-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
I agree on that.
I still miss planning the assassinations, ubi should bring that back, make us gather info on the main targets and then we'll plan how to kill them.

Then after we kill them bring a HUGE amount of guards and make us escape. Although escaping will be harder with agiles... the dudes run more than Ezio does.
I do miss the idea of gaining info to kill your target, but the means of doing it need an overhaul. I think you should be given locations to search, and perhaps find ANY citizen in the area to pickpocket/interrogate/eavesdrop etc.

Though, I would still want some other sidequests from AC2/AC:B as well.

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh yes of course. Side quests should definately stay, as should some of the non-assassination story missions and it should not be the whole "pickpocket, interrogate, eavesdrop, repeat" system, but it would be good for some form of investigations and freedom with the assassination missions to return!

DerRichtende
01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I totaly agree with you! I really loved how to get information about your victim before you could kill it.
And in AC1 it was really much more difficult to escape. And you really had to think about if you fight or flight!
Remember there was no way to refresh your health in the battle! Now you have lots of medicine or other helpers.
Even the fights are a lot easier than in AC1, especially with the new kick move and the kill series.

And yes i really miss the freedom. Its seems Brotherhood is way more linear.

And another thing. Altairs clothes were't so different to the clothes of the normal people.
But look at Ezio now, especially when he wears the amour of Brutus with all the weapons.
I mean the enemy should easily spot him in the crowd.

notafanboy
01-02-2011, 02:34 PM
i really liked to plan my missions in ac1 , i always looked around for stuff to climb ,
stuff i could use to escape . oh about the escape soundtrack ... i even let the guards catch up to me just to hear it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 02:45 PM
And another thing. Altairs clothes were't so different to the clothes of the normal people.
But look at Ezio now, especially when he wears the amour of Brutus with all the weapons.
I mean the enemy should easily spot him in the crowd.

^ this this, so very this! Ezio's image is all over Rome and he can walk past a couple of guards in a group of 4 people wearing a BRIGHT white costume. ACII was a little more inconspicuous.

Jack-Reacher
01-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Agree with pretty much everything. Thing is before the assassination starts I would know exactly where it would take place, so I could go there beforehand and plan some escape routes. This way I could actually do a cool assassination on my first try instead of doing it by trial and error.

Fairus60
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I felt EXACTLY THIS when I replayed AC1 yesterday, the assassination of Majd Addin. I love to plan my assassination. But the feeling I miss the most is the satisfaction of killing your target without him noticing. Then the escape, where you actually had to make a strategy and not run just a few blocks and miss the guards (like AC2 and ACB do ¬¬) Also, the chases in AC1 were far harder and far ore epic than in AC2 or ACB. In those they parctically guide you straight to your target, and there is no actual need for an escape squence. Either the memory stops there or the guards flee. And combat was more realistic. If they combined AC1 combat with ACB combat, maybe that would be sweet, if applied correctly of course

Jack-Reacher
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
No need to escape in AC2 or ACB, with the new kill streak ability you can slaughter everyone and then stroll out of the area, which is always really small

It would be mean if you had to make it back to Tiber Island after every assassination

Alpha Ender
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
God, I love you people. Everyone above me in this post knows exactly what was good about AC. See Ubisoft? The people in this forum, these are the people you should listen to for development ideas. Go do your screwy thing with the storyline, but the game mechanics mentioned above are what the series needs brought back.

YHHTQ
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Honestly, I have no issue whatsoever with the 100% sync requirement they fashioned, but every so often, I actually miss the freedom to do things the way I want.

TheWhasssupDud
01-02-2011, 08:57 PM
the 100% synch i hate the ost is when you *PART REMOVED DUE TO SPOILERS* and then you have to run away not being able to take one hit or lose 1 square of health whilst the whole roman army is chasing you and you cant out run the light footed ones -__- i gave up in the end and killed them all

Serrachio
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by TheWhasssupDud:
the 100% synch i hate the ost is when you *PART REMOVED DUE TO SPOILERS* and then you have to run away not being able to take one hit or lose 1 square of health whilst the whole roman army is chasing you and you cant out run the light footed ones -__- i gave up in the end and killed them all

Try calling your horse. You'll get to the water's edge quicker and then you can jump off and they won't follow you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I found the Tank mission a pain in the arse until I realised that if you didn't shoot the tank in the middle, then it would act as a shield from the second tank's fire while you focused on killing the first.

I hated how you had to restart the whole thing if you failed the sync though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

kriegerdesgottes
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
you know what I miss about AC1? remember when you pulled out a weapon and people used to make comments like "I should get the guards" or the guards would threaten you because you had your weapon drawn kind of like what would probably happen in reality. That does not happen in the other two games.

thebutcherhead
01-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Yes.

monoolho
01-03-2011, 01:48 AM
That's not out, in AC2 there are way more comments on climbing and weapons, they are just not as remarkable as AC1's, probably because of the good audio quality and less repetition. In brotherhood, however, such comments are really rare, or at least you can't listen to them most of the time.

Although I love Ezio's clothing, I have to agree they are way over the top to effectively blend with crowds, but they are incredibly awesome, about the brutus armor... that... was... Awful, really, that wouldn't let you blend even in a 1 million people croud, really. Altair's armor is so Count of monte cristo when you get it in AC2, it's like fancy rich clothing, nothing too much, however, but ezio's default clothing in ACB are already at that limit.

I think AC team could make the search are grow up to a whole district, or more, instead of just those 2 blocks away...

The planning and freedom of assassination... I'm not dying without it, but it would be incredibly awesome to be able to do that every time instead of once in a while.

The thing I miss most from AC1 was the annoying frequency of the action camera when countering and stuff, it was so awesome, if I was really bored I could just put the disc in the ps3 and spend around 2 hours just playing, walking and killing people, making my personal records of amazing 43 guards killed in the same area. In brotherhood they brought some of that back, which is awesome, the problem is there aren't as many enemies in brotherhood as AC1 to go out killing, but making perfect group assassination with your recruits is just so "AWACS"-like that it's awesome, I already spent something like 30 hours just playing with my recruits around and making synchronized assassinations with them... That is something that was possible but lacking in AC1, if AC1 had partners... It would be easier but so, so cool...

Still, those 3-10 minutes running away and avoiding guards is something really lacking in the later AC games. Every escape was something awesome, even if hard and annoying at times.

matadoor2010
01-03-2011, 02:40 AM
I agree with that ... collecting information about your target before goin on to delete it from the world ? i mean dude thats all about assassnation ... not just using weapons ... i wish Ubi add's it again or atleast something close to it as it was kinda the fun thing in AC1 instead of replyin the whole missions over n over .

Inorganic9_2
01-03-2011, 02:57 AM
I agree with the point about the clothes. At least people in Syria/Palestine wore similar clothes to what Altaïr wears. Fair enough, Ezio's Brotherhood clothes do look Renaissance, but no one else wears anything similar, except for the recruits.

I've just got back to William of Montferrat on AC, so I'm looking forward to bombing it up the ladder and along the buildings of the citadel until I can get to the walls with that awesome music haha.

AMuppetMatt
01-03-2011, 06:47 AM
In my opinion, the elements needed in the next AC game.

From AC1:
-Difficult combat system
-Difficult escape chases
-Gathering information on at least 50% of main memory targets, just with a larger variety of missions
-(Dare I say it) occasionally those monks/holy people to blend with
-Something like the Templars... a soldier that's very difficult to kill in combat
-The guards that aren't quite dead after combat... they role around
(Added)-AC1 crowds that actually run from fights and falling bodies, I don't want people desensitized and walking over bodies and finding gunshots pleasant to the ear.
(Added)-The sound system, is it me or does sound not carry far enough? You could hear crowds slowly get quieter as you climbed view points in AC1... in 2 and Brotherhood it just seems to cut out far too soon... or is that just me?

From AC2:
-Most if not all of the gadgets
-The ability to blend with crowds
-Being able to loot/pickup bodies/pickpocket people
-Chests
-Those fantastic side missions such as races and assassination contracts
-The ability to assassinate from ledge, bench etc.
-Subject 16s puzzles
-SWIMMING http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-The shops
-The guard variety

From ACB:
-Horse riding in cities
-Being able to dye your own clothes and cape
-A well thought out multiplayer
-Some sort of tomb/hidden area system
-About the same, maybe a little bit more time as Desmond
-The Brotherhood (or the ability to upgrade assassins and order them around)
-The more aggressive guards coupled with the more diffucult combat system.

What's needed:
-More inconspicuous clothing
-If there's going to be shop quests, more objects available.
-A larger searching area for when you've escaped
-A vastly improved notoriety system where it's the number of people that saw the assassination that increases notoriety, not just "impressive" ledge assassinations that no-one sees. Moreover, guards that are rolling around after combat tell other guards (if they come) who did it, increasing notoriety. One poster does not =25% decrease... maybe 5 or 10%. Herald 20% and official 25%. The official is far too heavily balanced IMO, I'd rather kill him and then rip down 1 poster than waste 500 florins on a Herald and rip down 2 posters.
-A better looting system. I hit 5 guards with crossbow bolts and didn't get a single one back... only for me to get 3 off of a standard guard and 2 of a Brute? (that were killed with my sword)

Any disagree give me a yell. Anyone think of anything to add, yell louder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

kriegerdesgottes
01-03-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree with 99% of that except you have to be careful with the notoriety thing because if you are notorious because of every little thing you do the game can become prototype real fast and become annoying. I didn't have a big problem with the notoriety system but I get what you mean.

Inorganic9_2
01-03-2011, 08:22 AM
I really do love the new combat system, but I do think that after the Assassination, you should have to just escape. But, tbh, I don't think you can take the choice away from people, so people will always say an "escape" is easy in the new system.

TheSpectator
01-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
In my opinion, the elements needed in the next AC game.

From AC1:
-Difficult combat system
-Difficult escape chases
-Gathering information on at least 50% of main memory targets, just with a larger variety of missions
-(Dare I say it) occasionally those monks/holy people to blend with
-Something like the Templars... a soldier that's very difficult to kill in combat
-The guards that aren't quite dead after combat... they role around

From AC2:
-Most if not all of the gadgets
-The ability to blend with crowds
-Being able to loot/pickup bodies/pickpocket people
-Chests
-Those fantastic side missions such as races and assassination contracts
-The ability to assassinate from ledge, bench etc.
-Subject 16s puzzles
-SWIMMING http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
-The shops
-The guard variety

From ACB:
-Horse riding in cities
-Being able to dye your own clothes and cape
-A well thought out multiplayer
-Some sort of tomb/hidden area system
-About the same, maybe a little bit more time as Desmond
-The Brotherhood (or the ability to upgrade assassins and order them around)
-The more aggressive guards coupled with the more diffucult combat system.

What's needed:
-More inconspicuous clothing
-If there's going to be shop quests, more objects available.
-A larger searching area for when you've escaped
-A vastly improved notoriety system where it's the number of people that saw the assassination that increases notoriety, not just "impressive" ledge assassinations that no-one sees. Moreover, guards that are rolling around after combat tell other guards (if they come) who did it, increasing notoriety. One poster does not =25% decrease... maybe 5 or 10%. Herald 20% and official 25%. The official is far too heavily balanced IMO, I'd rather kill him and then rip down 1 poster than waste 500 florins on a Herald and rip down 2 posters.
-A better looting system. I hit 5 guards with crossbow bolts and didn't get a single one back... only for me to get 3 off of a standard guard and 2 of a Brute? (that were killed with my sword)

Any disagree give me a yell. Anyone think of anything to add, yell louder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
We also need at least a 625hr main storyline http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ChaosxNetwork
01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I fully agree with you, Ubisoft need to find the perfect compromise between Altair's game and Ezio's Games for the perfect Assassin's Creed game.

TheWhasssupDud
01-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Try calling your horse. You'll get to the water's edge quicker and then you can jump off and they won't follow you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I found the Tank mission a pain in the arse until I realised that if you didn't shoot the tank in the middle, then it would act as a shield from the second tank's fire while you focused on killing the first.

I hated how you had to restart the whole thing if you failed the sync though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/QUOTE]

thanks dude never thought of that + i know its wierd but i never have completed ac1 i played it at a mates house but never played it should i buy it of th XBL marketplace

AMuppetMatt
01-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I agree with 99% of that except you have to be careful with the notoriety thing because if you are notorious because of every little thing you do the game can become prototype real fast and become annoying. I didn't have a big problem with the notoriety system but I get what you mean.

Understand what you mean, but I don't mean it being drastically raised if people see it, only slightly. (not like 5% per person). And also there would be a bit of a balance in that if you do a ledge assassination or aerial assassination your notoriety doesn't go up, but as I say it would only be a slight increase per person. If you use the gun though there should probably be an increase.

And some of the crowd things are still a bit strange. People walking over dead bodies and ignoring gun shots in the street below... I think they need to be panicking a bit more. If you want to see the sort of thing I mean watch the crowds in AC1 if a body falls from a roof. That sort of thing... but as I say, if they can fix crowds walking over bodies even better... I think if people did see a body in the street they'd turn around and find another way to walk IMO.

Serrachio
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Understand what you mean, but I don't mean it being drastically raised if people see it, only slightly. (not like 5% per person). And also there would be a bit of a balance in that if you do a ledge assassination or aerial assassination your notoriety doesn't go up, but as I say it would only be a slight increase per person. If you use the gun though there should probably be an increase.

And some of the crowd things are still a bit strange. People walking over dead bodies and ignoring gun shots in the street below... I think they need to be panicking a bit more. If you want to see the sort of thing I mean watch the crowds in AC1 if a body falls from a roof. That sort of thing... but as I say, if they can fix crowds walking over bodies even better... I think if people did see a body in the street they'd turn around and find another way to walk IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some women could faint at the sight of the body, some men could start running in the opposite direction.

Guards could grab these people like vigilantes do because they suspect them. After they check on the dead, citizens should walk out of their way around the body, giving it some space while also looking to see what's happening.

What I also hated was how when you're on a rooftop and a guard's meter goes yellow, it increased the notoriety.

I thought it would be better to get notoriety when it went red. This way, you could shoot them before they identified you as an assassin, and then you wouldn't get the notoriety.

AMuppetMatt
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
^
Both very good ideas, and the reaction to bodies is a great idea... certainly couldn't come up with anything better and it makes sense. If I owned a hat I'd take it off to you... unfortunately I don http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Fainting might be a bit far (in my opinion), but the general idea is good and, as I say, makes sense.
Come on Ubi... put this in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black_Widow9
01-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Please do not turn this into a Feedback thread. If you wish to post Feedback please do it here-
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

Inorganic9_2
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Black Widow has a point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

So, which escape do you guys think was the best in AC? I'm thinking either William of Montferrat or Abu'l Nuqoud. I found that, with the later escapes, the guards somehow gained Assassin-style freerunning, so a lot were kind of hard to get away from!

Crispyy_Peanut
01-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey everyone i'm new to this but ALWAYS read these forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I love all of your guys ideas! and I must agree with alot of you on how the game has became too linear.

Assassins Creed games have to be my absolute favorites of all times. I always keep coming back to them even though I may have done everything possible to do in the game! But there are a few things that constantly bug me about the game.

1. I believe the look on Altair was perfect. He could blend in with a crowd, and he looked sleek. But Ezio on the other hand looked bulky, and too out of place as many of you say. Like, while he is walking around, everyone else looks soo much skinnier then him and they look too fragile.

2. My biggest peeve was how you could not remove armor! The armor he wore throughout the game covered all of the cool detail is robes had. He didnt look like he could be fast or have alot of mobility in what he wore. In addition people like the challenge of only having 3-4 bars of health. Which made the game more of an Assassin based game where you kill your target, then hide. Nowadays its not hard at allto kill 15 guards and it kind of ruins the concept of the game for me.

3. The guards were WAYY to easy. No matter how big they were in AC2 or ACB they could be killed by a simple, disarm, then counter. Especially if you killed a brute or seeker. While in AC1 guards were relentless, and soon after a few kills you'd feel obligated to run & hide.

4. I just miss the feeling of being an actual Assassin on the game. They made it too easy, and too linear. The concept in AC1 was perfect for me, but of course, could always have improvements.

I love all the games but those are all my peeves. And of course, only my opinion. Happy Gaming!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
^ post that in the feedback thread...I don't want this one ot get locked! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

yly3
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
You know what I miss the most? The glitchy, electronic music. What Assassin's Creed stood up for was the .. trance-y state of mind with this pseudo-religiou-cultural aspect.
This is maybe more about Patrice or maybe not (we weren't there when the game was made)

I loved when you synced a viewpoint, leapfaithed and when you got out of the haystack (misspelled surely) while blending you heard that vrvr-vrvrvr-vrrrrrrrrmm kind of sound (lulz). All these minor things combined pretty much pwn the sequels.

Assassin's Creed was an astonishing piece of modern cultural art rather than a good game. The sequels were great game with art in them.

dchil279
01-03-2011, 05:47 PM
But have to agree on some of them being too hard though, some of the tombs in 8 minutes? Yeah right...

I was watching a guide for the tomb under the piramid cestae or something and the guy said it was his 10th time doing and he wrote out how to do it step by step so he couln't take a wrong turn and he still didnt get it in 8 minutes

notafanboy
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But have to agree on some of them being too hard though, some of the tombs in 8 minutes? Yeah right...

I was watching a guide for the tomb under the piramid cestae or something and the guy said it was his 10th time doing and he wrote out how to do it step by step so he couln't take a wrong turn and he still didnt get it in 8 minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>just follow the torches

kriegerdesgottes
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM

And some of the crowd things are still a bit strange. People walking over dead bodies and ignoring gun shots in the street below... I think they need to be panicking a bit more. If you want to see the sort of thing I mean watch the crowds in AC1 if a body falls from a roof. That sort of thing... but as I say, if they can fix crowds walking over bodies even better... I think if people did see a body in the street they'd turn around and find another way to walk IMO.[/QUOTE]
actually I was just playing AC1 yesterday and I had that exact same thought. People don't freak out as much when they see dead bodies like they did in the first game. The first game really emphasized the crowd reacting to your actions when they were selling the first game and they let it fall to the side a little and I wish they would bring all that back.

ZCherub
01-04-2011, 07:30 AM
I'm w/ you. I also agree w/ some others that it shouldn't be on every mission. I also agree w/ some that said info gathering should come back. Perhaps you reach an area of town & you have to use EV to spot your info target (like you do on several missions for assassinations in AC:B).

Once you find him you CHOOSE how to extract the info based on the situation. Some of them can be fighters or cowards like the Borgia tower captains, & it's up to you if you want to sneak up & pickpocket or eavesdrop for info or beat it out of them. If you choose the latter you can either map their routine out to get them in a secluded place, or you can run in there drop a ton of guards & stomp their sugar-coated colons till they bleed the info you're lookin for - if they don't run of course. At that point, you'd have to chase them down & tackle them for the info. Then it's on to the assassination.

Just some ideas - certainly not suggesting that this be required for every assassination, but it might liven things up a bit - variety is the key, I think...

Inorganic9_2
01-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Can I ask why this is suddenly turning into a "let's rant about the 100% synch system" thread? It had nothing to do with that in the first place :s

I was kind of disappointed with the Banker escape sequence. I tried to escape back the way I came first and that was a bad idea. Those irritating agiles everywhere. I think agiles kind of remove the whole point of escaping. The most efficient way isn't much of an escape...leap of faith and you're done.

Most assassinations just go into a cutscene now rather than waiting for the cutscene when you're back at the bureau/wherever.

ChaosxNetwork
01-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Can I ask why this is suddenly turning into a "let's rant about the 100% synch system" thread? It had nothing to do with that in the first place :s

I was kind of disappointed with the Banker escape sequence. I tried to escape back the way I came first and that was a bad idea. Those irritating agiles everywhere. I think agiles kind of remove the whole point of escaping. The most efficient way isn't much of an escape...leap of faith and you're done.

Most assassinations just go into a cutscene now rather than waiting for the cutscene when you're back at the bureau/wherever.
All I did was sit on the bench in the top right corner of the area (From Ceasre's speach perspective) kill the banker and jump over the wall behind me onto a building and I ended up at the place where you talk to the cautisans at the start off the mission, boom easy as pie http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Black_Widow9
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Let me remind you of the Original Topic. There are plenty of other places for you to discuss Feedback and issues.

Of course, the general assassination style of AC where you could choose what to do and when etc, but, more specifically, the escape. That's one of the most awesome parts of the assassination. I've just been reminded of it when replaying AC and assassinating Abu'l Nuqoud. Drop from the roof, grab the bar hanging over the door, drop from the bar to the balcony and ram the hidden blade into his stomach as he paces on the balcony.

Then the awesomeness begins...sprint away from his bodyguards, round the corner and through the doors, down several flights of stairs, past a guard patrol and then barge through two guards standing at a gate out to the street...sprinting through the crowds on the street whilst vigilantes fly out and grab the guards, leaving me to sprint up a ladder and into a roof garden...
All the while, this song is playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8Dd0vGl14

then the cautious and stealthy return to the bureau while every guard in the city is out looking for me.

Does anyone else feel the same? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

matadoor2010
01-06-2011, 01:01 AM
AC1 made you a master assassin in time there were perfect assassin's and fights.AC2 taught you how to be just an assassin since there were only templars and no assassins to go against ( i mean altair turned it all arround on al-mualim) so i think there shall be a big traitor thing in AC3 and ezio or whoever will be in it will fight the war ... a very hard war alone against one person who is almost undefeatable ... remember the al-mualim fight .. it was so enjoyable ...on the other hand the cesare fight was lets say 75% more easy ? i hope they just add some more good fights and i agree with the crowd reactions but not guards arresting ppl ... the reactions that they scream and run and some go to check the body (brave one xD) and the outfit .. i think i can get use of wearing the altair outfits and stuff from uplay ...

Inorganic9_2
01-06-2011, 03:27 AM
@ xHITx_Chaos: that's what I did after I realised the leap of faith was there. But that was it! I've just done William of Montferrat again and, although that was the shortest escape sequence imo, I still had to run a good way before getting the leap of faith.

Plus, I also think that, tbh, would Ezio have known that leap of faith was going to be there if he hadn't scouted the area first? Maybe for missions like that, there should be a few routes out and, as you follow the guard carrying the chest, Ezio (or whoever the Assassin is) could comment on "oh, I could use that building to escape" or "doesn't look like there're any archers there. Maybe I could get out that way"...just something to get a good escape going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I will be assassinating Majd Addin soon...that one's a bit of a rooftop escape. Nothing too crazy haha. Do you guys find rooftop or street escapes more fun?

PhiIs1618033
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM
This topic...so...AWESOME! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I cannot agree more on most of the stuff. I love planning my kill and escape and I love actually putting the plan into practice even more.

@ xHITx_Chaos: that's what I did after I realised the leap of faith was there. But that was it! I've just done William of Montferrat again and, although that was the shortest escape sequence imo, I still had to run a good way before getting the leap of faith.

Plus, I also think that, tbh, would Ezio have known that leap of faith was going to be there if he hadn't scouted the area first? Maybe for missions like that, there should be a few routes out and, as you follow the guard carrying the chest, Ezio (or whoever the Assassin is) could comment on "oh, I could use that building to escape" or "doesn't look like there're any archers there. Maybe I could get out that way"...just something to get a good escape going http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I will be assassinating Majd Addin soon...that one's a bit of a rooftop escape. Nothing too crazy haha. Do you guys find rooftop or street escapes more fun?
I don't mind, really. I tend to use the street at first, then get up to the roof to break the line of sight. Or, I get on the roof, then down on the streets to break the line of sight.

I also love the walk back to the bureau (I walk on the streets), avoiding guards and all that. In AC2 and AC:B, it's just "Get out of the area and don't be exposed."

I play AC without any maps, no minimap, no big map. In fact, I have the HUD off completely, but that's not what I want to say. It's a nice change to find investigations without them, it makes them more difficult while still being pleasant. Here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8725331)'s an article on how that works. Use your ears and eyes instead of just following the map blindly and of a sudden, all feeling of repetition just disappears. Funny how that works.
In AC2 and AC:B it's impossible to do HUD-free runs, because otherwise you don't know where the next memory is.

hva_899
01-06-2011, 05:00 AM
I really missed the escape part afer making the assassination. Felt like a huge part in the game to me. Was also pretty upset when i didnt hear the chase theme come on when making my first assassination in ac2, oh well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

The1Scarecrow
01-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Yeah I really miss this too but of course I kinda got really bored of the repetative ways of information gathering, still..would be good to have it back.

DavisP92
01-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But have to agree on some of them being too hard though, some of the tombs in 8 minutes? Yeah right...

I was watching a guide for the tomb under the piramid cestae or something and the guy said it was his 10th time doing and he wrote out how to do it step by step so he couln't take a wrong turn and he still didnt get it in 8 minutes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol what?.. i got all of them in 8 minutes. and i only tried maybe 2 times for some of them.

PhiIs1618033
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Oh yeah, on the lairs? To brag (because that's what I'm doing here, really :P ), I do those on fast walk and have yet to fail one. Of course, I know the way, so it can be done.

Inorganic9_2
01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Why are we still talking about 100% synch? (and why did we start in the first place?). This thread is about escape sequences!

maglaromuna
01-07-2011, 11:49 PM
i miss Patrice Désilets. this dude, quits after the production of ACB. for anyone who does not know this guy, this guy is the creator of AC franchise.

TheSpectator
01-08-2011, 12:27 AM
Do you know what i miss. HAVING TO ESCAPE!!!!!
In ACB kill 10 guards and your done because no one can kill you.

I was playing project legacy today and there's a sequence (spoilers i guess) where francesco and his assassin buddies are basically surrounded by shooters. So they have to ESCAPE and they really struggle to survive.

I think in AC3 we need to get some of that back into the game where when you get surrounded by loads of guards you have fight for your life and die bravely or make like altair and run like a *****!

I remember patrice said in an interview for AC2 "You get rewarded for using stealth and PUNISHED for the opposite".

LordWolv
01-08-2011, 01:45 AM
You know what I miss as much as the assassinations? The escapes! I LOVED silently stabbing the target I'd been studying for some time before, legging it across rooftops to some epic music. It really got my heart racing.

PhiIs1618033
01-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
I remember patrice said in an interview for AC2 "You get rewarded for using stealth and PUNISHED for the opposite".
It was more like the opposite. Killing all the guards took less time than being stealthy if you knew how the fighting system worked.

Inorganic9_2
01-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
You know what I miss as much as the assassinations? The escapes! I LOVED silently stabbing the target I'd been studying for some time before, legging it across rooftops to some epic music. It really got my heart racing.
^thiiiiiiiiiiiis

And also, having to run was awesome! There should be less oppurtunities for recovering health (i.e. medicine) and also less missions where you have to right (like the mission where you rescue the condottieri)

IIwangcarsII
01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
AC 1 was much more challenging than AC2 and Brotherhood imho, it had a fun chase sequence much like on ACB multiplayer. They need to bring back the challenge of the chase sequence!

matadoor2010
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
I want a fight like Al-mualim vs Altair ... it was AWESOME FIGHT ! ubi shall add such kind of fights like 3 times between the game story it'd make it so much challenging ! (or like fighting rodrigo borgia in AC2) it'd make it so much better

SteelCity999
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
The escape sequences, with the bells tolling, was one of the great gameplay elements of AC. I am surprised they did not include that, or any part of it, in either AC2 or ACB because that practice was still in place....when the Medici assassination attempt failed(sort of) there were bells tolling all over Florence.

XHeavyfireX
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Dont blame the 100% sync that the sequences dont have a lot of escapes. In fact, for the capturing of the apple and escaping with it is a escape sequence, abeit a small one.

Seriously through, I love link killing guards too, you must been able to still do that. But maybe if, it goes like: you slealthly enter a building, killing certain guard while incognito. Located the target, a quick move down to deal with his body guards and silence the target who lets out a scream. GUARDS! everywhere they come in, time for plan B. Releasing the signal, you must fend off waves of guards until backup arrives. When it does, clear out any guards in your way till you reach a path to the exit, dodging ranged attacks and blowing a path through, you barely reach the enterance before a guard manages to close the door. Kill him and deal with the guards outside, the building is already sealed and lit aflame, protect your allies from ranged foes and then another glorious escape before leading your followers right into the trap outside your base. Awesomeness complete...

Alpha Ender
01-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Capturing the Apple without losing any health is so damn hard. I had to plot my entire route from the Basilica to the water because that's where I always make my escapes...damn sprinting guards.

RedSpider
01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
FFS! It's the second time i've had to write this cus they decided not to post it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

I definately miss trying hard to remain unseen, and then when you're not far from the Bureau, you get spotted again. Then the roof closes and you have to hide again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
There's really something lacking in the Ezio ones. I can't help but think that as the games move into more modern times, they're going to get less Assassiny http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Inorganic9_2
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
I think there's too much focus on combat now to warrant escapes..."must milk the combat system, make the player kill EVERYTHING"

xcamthemandudex
01-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
I agree on that.

Considering we will most likely be playing Assassin's Creed 3 (mainly) as Desmond, I have a feeling that we will be seeing some of it. Considering the constant references to info gathering assassins stationed in the world.

@OP; I do miss the info gathering and the chase, too.