PDA

View Full Version : Are they adding the "Kate" and "Avenger" eventually?

Sigma1
10-30-2004, 09:19 PM
You think they'll be adding these two torpedo bombers to PF? The game just doesn't seem complete without having torp. planes capable of carrier operations.

CapBackassward
10-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Yes. Suppose to be in next patch. The cockpits for the Avenger and Betty weren't done at release time from what I understand. In the game - they are fully functionable as AI aircraft.

Rick

Maj_Death
10-30-2004, 09:46 PM
The avenger and kate will not be in the first patch. The Betty will be but that is a land based level bomber.

Mozzie_21
10-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Anyway, they will come out in a patch eventually. They simply were not ready for the release, and were left out to meet the deadline.

actionhank1786
10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
Guys dont go saying things that you dont know for sure.
We dont know that they'll ever be out.
It does look good but we dont want people misunderstanding, and then starting flaming threads about how Oleg "promised" them the plane and it didnt make the game.
Now i've heard that the Kate may not be possible due to resource lack, but i've heard that the Avenger sounds pretty good.
And hopefully it will be out soon.
If there's on thing Oleg doesnt slack on, it's new planes.

turbografx16
10-31-2004, 03:59 AM
It really sucks *** when a publisher forces a dev to meet a crappy deadline...i would have waited at least 5 more weeks if id known theyd get a complete/bugless product out.

badaboom.1
10-31-2004, 05:07 AM
WELL,I hope they add the AVENGER soon as possible,but.....I'm having a ball with the SBD!!!!great durable low speed aircraft...dive bombings a HOOOOT!!!!! my rear gunner is my new best friend!!!& he never complains. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tvrdi
10-31-2004, 05:50 AM
yeah SBD is great, maneuverable, big bombs.. but look what is on japanese side..an early war dive bomber (from 1939.) - Val, with his small and weak 250 kg bombs is not really a threat to any of the carriers....btw, TBF will be included in one of the upcoming patches Im sure...for Kate Oleg said he doesnt have enough data.....whats about medium bombers? how many are flyable on the japanese side? and how many on the american side? for whom they developed this sim? which market is targeted? have a guess... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Eddie_W
10-31-2004, 05:57 AM
How do you know the TBF will be added? Do you have any information, or is it just an assumption?

609IAP_Recon
10-31-2004, 05:57 AM
"i would have waited at least 5 more weeks if id known theyd get a complete/bugless product out."

Wake up to reality man.

VW-IceFire
10-31-2004, 07:08 AM
If you want complete and bugless computer software...you will have to live in an alternate dimension. Such things do not exist.

Does PF seem to have been released a little early...perhaps...but as many have told me ...its not hurting the game for them at all. Lots of enjoyment to be had...and now the effort by the community is on to turn up some sources on aircraft that were otherwise sourceless. We may see aircraft flyable that they initially did not see being flyable.