PDA

View Full Version : Please say this is a joke...

Tilaena
12-27-2006, 07:05 AM
We got Rainbow Six Vegas for Christmas and settled down to have a game, and can't sign more than two people in.
I've been doing some reading and people are saying that the box is wrong and you can only have two players on one console.
Is that true?
Please say it isn't, and I didn't waste my money buying four controllers so we could all play together.

BieN_DoGGG
12-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm afraid I got bad news for you.
Only two players split screen on one console.
Or 4 player co-op via xbox live or system link.
The box is a bit misleading.

Unseen 5hadow
12-27-2006, 07:55 AM
I dont want to sound rude or anything but maybe people need to do some more research before buying games. I knew before the game came out that splitscreen was limited to two players, Goliath told us, just like all the other Rainbow games aswell as most people i play with. Also the box isnt misleading, the "players" box is the amount of people who can play on one box. the rest is for system link and online numbers.

navyredman
12-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Unseen1977:
I dont want to sound rude or anything but maybe people need to do some more research before buying games. I knew before the game came out that splitscreen was limited to two players, Goliath told us, just like all the other Rainbow games aswell as most people i play with. Also the box isnt misleading, the "players" box is the amount of people who can play on one box. the rest is for system link and online numbers.

It's amazing that you can come on here and be so bold. Considering people have pointed out where it specifically states that you can.

The box says on it twice. Co-op 2-4, doesn't say online co-op, seems a bit mis-leading to me. It also says system link 2-16 which I don't know of anybody actually achieving yet.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/rogue+2nd+class-cod2-clantag-CMC.png (http://live.xbox.com/member/rogue+2nd+class)

http://www.myspace.com/navyredman

spunkjello
12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Posted Wed December 27 2006 06:55 Hide Post
I dont want to sound rude or anything but maybe people need to do some more research before buying games. I knew before the game came out that splitscreen was limited to two players, Goliath told us, just like all the other Rainbow games aswell as most people i play with. Also the box isnt misleading, the "players" box is the amount of people who

This guy has posted in the other threads like this. He obviously has something against people who don't troll around forums like him.
The only reason I knew about the online co-op was from the forums, but I wouldn't expect others to know the same. Most people don't come here before they buy a game, and take what they read on the back of the package as the truth, as they should.

reddeathit
12-27-2006, 11:53 AM
I couldn't agree more with you guys. The game is a ton of fun, but holds itself back due to these multiplayer limitations. I'd rather see developers make sure that the game could be played four player split-screen, System-Link, and online (like GRAW and Halo 2) more than anything else. I think that this would add to the success of the game as well (again, like Halo 2 and GRAW). As a developer, why would you focus on making a ton of different modes and maps for a game's inital release when you could charge more for them as DLC down the road? If the game supported more multiplayer configurations, I'd be more apt to buying new DLC for it. Without the ability to simply play the game as I want, I question whether I'd get any new DLC. As it stands, I think the game will lose popularity over time to games that allow you to play them when you want to. In my mind, the developers have limited their potential sales right out of the gate due to this.

Tilaena
12-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Ah well, thanks for clearing that up. We spent quite a while trying to figure out why we couldn't add more players when it said you could, we thought it was something we were doing.

Posted Wed December 27 2006 06:55 Hide Post
I don<span class="ev_code_RED">'</span>t want to sound rude or anything but maybe people need to do some more research before buying games. I knew before the game came out that splitscreen was limited to two players, Goliath told us, just like all the other Rainbow games as well as most people <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> play with.

Honestly, that's a silly thing to say. You could say that about anything. You could say if you bought paint and it said on the tin it was yellow and it came out orange that you should have researched it first, then you would have known it was orange.
As others have said, the box does say up to 4 players on it, which is half the reason we got it. It?s a bit disappointing to find that it's wrong, and I wouldn't say it's widely advertised that you can't. A correctional label or sticker wouldn't go amiss, but then I suppose it's all money.

We'll just have to go back to playing Halo when we all want to play. As far as two player goes it's been fun so far.

Well, happy gaming to everyone!

MrBisto
12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
For the guys who say the box lies, please, tell me, what did you think "1-2 players" meant?<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

----------------------------------------------------------

LoZ Council Admin - My opinion is always right so have respect for my position and don't disagree with me

Tilaena
12-27-2006, 12:26 PM
The standard format of XBox 360 games is that the singular console content is written in green, and the online or Live content in red.
Therefore where it says co-op 2-4 in green (and it also says this is red to cover the online version), people assume it means 2-4.

navyredman
12-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Some of us may also be color deficient in the colors red and green. I had no idea there was different color writing on the back lable.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/rogue+2nd+class-cod2-clantag-CMC.png (http://live.xbox.com/member/rogue+2nd+class)

http://www.myspace.com/navyredman