PDA

View Full Version : Is there a weather fix mod available?

Hocking
08-28-2005, 11:26 AM
At this point, it is very clear that weather conditions are unrealistic in the original game. I am currently running Rub1.43, with a few other mods, but it does not seem as if there has been any fix to the weather.

Having heavy rain with heavy fog for 5 to 8 days straight off of the coast of England, and then having completely perfect skies with no rain as I return to the coast of France immediately to the south is just not realistic. I understand that the Atlantic has some pretty rough weather, but there would be no England if it rained as hard as it just rained in my last patrol for nearly 8 straight days. This may make sinking ships harder, but it sure takes away from the realism in the game if you ask me.

I guess it would be nice to have some variablility. Like 2 or 3 days of rain and fog, and then a couple of days of sun and wind, and then another day or two of clear skies and smooth sailing. I guess this would be more realistic.

Perhaps, for those of you that have the time, somebody could actually look up weather statistics for the North Atlantic and get some rough percentages of weather patterns for all the seasons (such as for the months of June through August it rains for about 30% of the time, and then it is sunny for another 40% of the time, and it is windy for about 80% of the time, and so forth). Just look up the statistics for the number of days it rains, it is windy, and it it is sunny. Any meterologist understudies out there looking for a project?

Hocking
08-28-2005, 11:26 AM
At this point, it is very clear that weather conditions are unrealistic in the original game. I am currently running Rub1.43, with a few other mods, but it does not seem as if there has been any fix to the weather.

Having heavy rain with heavy fog for 5 to 8 days straight off of the coast of England, and then having completely perfect skies with no rain as I return to the coast of France immediately to the south is just not realistic. I understand that the Atlantic has some pretty rough weather, but there would be no England if it rained as hard as it just rained in my last patrol for nearly 8 straight days. This may make sinking ships harder, but it sure takes away from the realism in the game if you ask me.

I guess it would be nice to have some variablility. Like 2 or 3 days of rain and fog, and then a couple of days of sun and wind, and then another day or two of clear skies and smooth sailing. I guess this would be more realistic.

Perhaps, for those of you that have the time, somebody could actually look up weather statistics for the North Atlantic and get some rough percentages of weather patterns for all the seasons (such as for the months of June through August it rains for about 30% of the time, and then it is sunny for another 40% of the time, and it is windy for about 80% of the time, and so forth). Just look up the statistics for the number of days it rains, it is windy, and it it is sunny. Any meterologist understudies out there looking for a project?

sav112
08-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Yeah its been well talked about the weather is sadly decided by were you are and more or less the same time after time.

Patriotkg
09-01-2005, 01:35 AM
I was in the caribs for a week in june and it was high seas and rain all the time, now that just isnt real, is it?