PDA

View Full Version : Please keep the "arcade=1" setting for SoW

Philipscdrw
10-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Guys, if you don't know about this, go into the conf.ini file in the FB folder and change arcade=0 to arcade=1. Then go into the QMB to practice gunnery. It puts big arrows through every bullet hit and shell fragment and you can see exactly where you're hitting the enemy.

I wish I'd been doing this sooner, it's a great aide to to gunnery practice! Just remember to turn if off again before you do a 'serious' flight. You need to restart the sim to do this.

Oleg, please keep this feature in SoW!

MaxMhz
10-18-2007, 10:15 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Additionally Arcade=1 will show balloon texts showing what the AI is "thinking"...
For any change you make in conf.ini to take effect you need to re-start the game because conf.ini is read when the game starts and written when it exits.

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Il2 Stab will manage this for you as well

It's a great feature that comes in handy for lots of things.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Chuck_Older/grab0012.jpg

DKoor
10-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm interested in high gore = 1.

XyZspineZyX
10-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DKoor:

Suggesting that Al Gore smokes dope won't win you friends here

fly_zo
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DKoor:

i believe you need to have Russian version of FB.exe for that feature... i just recently saw that again (last time was IL2 original)
~S~
Z

sparty7200
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Gore! yes gore is good..lots of gore!...GORE!..tablet time methinks!

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Highgore has been disabled somwhere along the patch path, but it was only a couple of planes that it worked with anyway.

Skoshi Tiger
10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
<quote>
</quote>

Only if they model restricted contol movement caused by joystick entangled in pilot entrails

stansdds
10-19-2007, 04:30 AM
The arcade mode is useful when trying to learn air to air gunnery and in assessing where your rounds are going and what damage is caused by rounds hitting certain spots on the enemy aircraft, so yes, keep it in SoW.

As for the gore (as in blood and guts type gore), I'd like to see it returned for all aircraft. We have shooter games that are intensely graphic, yet we cannot have a combat flight sim that shows the effects of gunfire on the bodies of enemy combatants? I say "yes" to seeing blood spattered on canopies and the ground and slumped over corpses.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2007, 10:24 AM
It's just a decal, simple to do. I'm sure there was a reason to get rid of it that has to do with kids being warped...and yet every TV show shows guys and gals with guns all the time. Bizarre

Scharnhorst1943
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by sparty7200:

Blood makes the grass grow, <span class="ev_code_RED">KILL! KILL! KILL!</span> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif