PDA

View Full Version : qustions for the dedacated stang piolets.

fordfan25
11-09-2005, 03:41 PM
at what level do you keep your radiator,prop pitch at ? so far iv found that keeping rad at 4" keeps the moter kool at 99% power. but i have no idea about PP.

SithSpeeder
11-09-2005, 05:39 PM
If you keep your throttle at 104% and no higher, you can run with your radiator closed and not overheat.

Going into a fight I may open it up, but rarely--the Stang doesn't overheat easily unless you are firewalled constantly. I will usually only open it when returning back to base when not being chased (to maximize the chance of a successful landing).

Prop pitch at 100% when climbing (even slightly) and 95% when cruising.

To be honest, I haven't played too much with it. My knowledge is from others as I have closely followed all other threads mentioning the P-51 since getting on these boards.

YMMV.

Hope that helps.

* _54th_Speeder *

danjama
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
Only time i change pitch is when im landing, otherwise it stays at 100. I will only lower throttle for landing too. Or if i am ditchin or something. When landing i use 35 throttle and 30-40 pitch, varying it as my speed drops/climbs.

Monson74
11-10-2005, 05:08 AM
I keep PP at 100% all the time & the rad at auto on take-off & climb. I throttle down to 99% & close the rad at 3500 meters. As long as I stay fast I don't overheat. I don't care to open it in a Lo&Slo dogfight because I'm dead anyway http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

neural_dream
11-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Why would you have the Rad closed all the time and open it in a dogfight? Doesn't make sense. Btw, the default is auto, not closed.
And one more thing. Dogfight? I suppose you mean that one BnZ pass and then disappear.