PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is Subject 16 ?

metalhead210
11-13-2010, 07:50 AM
First of all he's dead so there is a very good chansece we won't see who he really is. But in ACII at the begining Lucy serches for a "commen memory" which means subject 16 must be in it and a very important charachter. He may or my not be in AC1. But I think subject 16 anancestor is the dude who doesn't get zombiefied by the masif in AC1 and forget his name but the philosipher that make you a proper assassin and part of the creed

But thats my Idea who do you think he is?

DarkicoN14
11-13-2010, 07:55 AM
First of all MAYBE SPOILER: we don't know if 16 is dead yet, because there is a trophy/achievement that is in Morse code and when you translate it says IAMALIVE this could be referencing to another ubisoft game but where not sure END

Secondly We know for sure that 16 has to be related to Desmond because they share the same ancestor Ezio.

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 07:56 AM
SPOILER!

Translate this if you want:
.. .- -- .- .-.. .. ...- .
It's morse code.

And please, use correct spelling.

EgyptRaider
11-13-2010, 08:37 AM
16 and Desmond are both related to Ezio, and thus both related to Altair. The guy who misses an arm has nothing to do with the known bloodline.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Me thinks hes is a brother or cousin to desmod, i dont think that hes from the past, and hes definately not dead.

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by bandicoot17:
Me thinks hes is a brother or cousin to desmod, i dont think that hes from the past, and hes definately not dead.

You forgot grammar, punctuation, spelling...

Correct form: "I think he is Desmond's brother or cousin. I don't think that he is from the past and he is definitely not dead."

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Sorry http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I go a bit dim when i go on the net. But Yes, those are my thoughts entirely, Subject 16 being Desmonds cousin, seems to fit quite well. (because you'd think he'd know if he had a brother from his time at 'THE FARM')

ctuagent15
11-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by metalhead210:
First of all he's dead so there is a very good chansece we won't see who he really is. But in ACII at the begining Lucy serches for a "commen memory" which means subject 16 must be in it and a very important charachter. He may or my not be in AC1. But I think subject 16 anancestor is the dude who doesn't get zombiefied by the masif in AC1 and forget his name but the philosipher that make you a proper assassin and part of the creed

Lucy's not searching for a common memory, she's searching for the last ancestor Desmond and 16 have in common, which is Ezio.

They can't be brother's or cousins because as I said above Ezio is the last ancestor they have in common

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 08:53 AM
It's okay. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Anyway, as both Desmond and subject 16 are Ezio's descendants, they are blood related. But I don't think that he is Desmond's brother or cousin.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metalhead210:

Lucy's not searching for a common memory, she's searching for the last ancestor Desmond and 16 have in common, which is Ezio.

They can't be brother's or cousins because as I said above Ezio is the last ancestor they have in common </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Does Lucy state that?? (I'm not arguing, but on the cutscene the animus reads, searching for RELEVANT memory)

ctuagent15
11-13-2010, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by metalhead210:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Originally posted by bandicoot17:

They can't be brother's or cousins because as I said above Ezio is the last ancestor they have in common
Does Lucy state that?? (I'm not arguing, but on the cutscene the animus reads, searching for RELEVANT memory) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can't remember if she does or not , but Its what comes up on screen, I think, if I remember right it said something like last common ancestor but I will check it sometime.
It is searching for relevant memory, memory's that they both share, Ezio's memory's.

don't worry it's not arguing, it's having a polite discussing

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 09:21 AM
because i was thinking, that perhaps 16 had already been in as Ezio, and not got as far as The Vault, but close enough to know that it existed. that was why relevent memory, not first match, is displayed on the animus' screen

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassin_ki2007:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Originally posted by bandicoot17:
Me thinks hes is a brother or cousin to desmod, i dont think that hes from the past, and hes definately not dead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does Lucy state that?? (I'm not arguing, but on the cutscene the animus reads, searching for RELEVANT memory)
I can't remember if she does or not , but Its what comes up on screen, I think, if I remember right it said something like last common ancestor but I will check it sometime.
It is searching for relevant memory, memory's that they both share, Ezio's memory's.

don't worry it's not arguing, it's having a polite discussing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's entirely possible that's only the most relevant memory in the animus because 16 spent time reliving Ezio's memories. They could be more closely related but Ezio was the most recent shared ancestor Abstergo/Templars had been interested in.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 09:24 AM
My point exactly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ^^

TheMusingMoose
11-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Mine too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ctuagent15
11-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Thats a good point obliviondoll, that may be the case, but when I have time I'll double check what come's up on screen,

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Just looked and she doesnt say anything (from what i can hear) while the memorys are matching. just says RELEVENT MEMORY

jimbo11235813
11-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Does Lucy state that?? (I'm not arguing, but on the cutscene the animus reads, searching for RELEVANT memory) No, she doesn't state it, but its pretty much implied by the cutscene (like "Memory Match Found" and 16's DNA appearing during the search, possibly to use as a "Ezio" template).

My theory is that 16's ancestors have all been logged (Lucy says they looked at loads of his ancestors), so that any others they bring in (like Desmond), they can just take the template, search the new subjects DNA and find, within minutes, whether they have any common ancestors.

Like you say Bandicoot, its never stated what she is searching (common ancestor or specifically Ezio, although it is strongly implied that it was a search for Ezio when she claimed to know that Desmond had Ezio as an ancestor (Because of the vault, I think. 16 may have been mentioned at that point as well). As its not stated to be the closest common ancestor, it is perfectly possible for 16 to be as close as a cousin (wouldn't say they were brothers, but not impossible).

Also, you are correct about the "relevant memory" search. This means that it was quite a specific search (not just "find closest common ancestor"). This also means that they could be brothers and the result could be the same.

IMO, I think that they are cousins, and that they will meet at some point in AC3. That's my guess (bit short, but we don't really know much about him)

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:
Does Lucy state that?? (I'm not arguing, but on the cutscene the animus reads, searching for RELEVANT memory) No, she doesn't state it, but its pretty much implied by the cutscene (like "Memory Match Found" and 16's DNA appearing during the search, possibly to use as a "Ezio" template).

My theory is that 16's ancestors have all been logged (Lucy says they looked at loads of his ancestors), so that any others they bring in (like Desmond), they can just take the template, search the new subjects DNA and find, within minutes, whether they have any common ancestors.

Like you say Bandicoot, its never stated what she is searching (common ancestor or specifically Ezio, although it is strongly implied that it was a search for Ezio when she claimed to know that Desmond had Ezio as an ancestor (Because of the vault, I think. 16 may have been mentioned at that point as well). As its not stated to be the closest common ancestor, it is perfectly possible for 16 to be as close as a cousin (wouldn't say they were brothers, but not impossible).

Also, you are correct about the "relevant memory" search. This means that it was quite a specific search (not just "find closest common ancestor"). This also means that they could be brothers and the result could be the same.

IMO, I think that they are cousins, and that they will meet at some point in AC3. That's my guess (bit short, but we don't really know much about him) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The thing is, the Vault message was DIRECTED at desmond, so 16 was always destined to never make it the full way.

SWJS
11-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Uuuuuugggghhhh. Am I the only person on this forum who believes Desmond and 16 AREN'T related? It's soooooo cliché. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

dchil279
11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
that is possible, but Ezio probably has *50,000 DIRECT descendants in 2012. So, highly unlikely

*I did the math and thats a round number

SWJS
11-13-2010, 10:51 AM
that is possible, but Ezio probably has *50,000 DIRECT descendants in 2012. So, highly unlikely

Okay that makes me feel a little better. It would definitely help avoid the massive pitfall that is the "Luke I Am Your Relative" cliché. It also means that they could coincidentally share Ezio as a common ancestor and not even be related at all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

masterfenix2009
11-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't Lucy say if Desmond and subject 16 are related?

Lucy: Oh, Desmond I forgot to tell you. Subject 16 is related to you.

Desmond: What http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

SWJS
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
Wouldn't Lucy say if Desmond and subject 16 are related?

Lucy: Oh, Desmond I forgot to tell you. Subject 16 is related to you.

Desmond: What http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif Maybe it slipped her mind while she was uploading embarassing vids of Vidic to Abstergotube http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">that is possible, but Ezio probably has *50,000 DIRECT descendants in 2012. So, highly unlikely

Okay that makes me feel a little better. It would definitely help avoid the massive pitfall that is the "Luke I Am Your Relative" cliché. It also means that they could coincidentally share Ezio as a common ancestor and not even be related at all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Having a common ancestor means you ARE related.

It's just that it may be far enough back that you can't trace it accurately.

SWJS
11-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Having a common ancestor means you ARE related.
Do they really have a common ancestor? Everyone only bases the implication on a screen that shows up for thirty seconds at the beginning of AC2. There's no concrete proof.

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 11:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Having a common ancestor means you ARE related.
Do they really have a common ancestor? Everyone only bases the implication on a screen that shows up for thirty seconds at the beginning of AC2. There's no concrete proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It comes up that it's searching the records of subject 16's ancestors for one which matches Desmond's. That's a fairly direct statement that he's a common ancestor.
It's also implied by the fact that Desmond can access the glyphs which subject 16 hid in his own genetic memories, which are the same ones Desmond is accessing. Subject 16 has to have had an ancestor in Renaissance Italy who used eagle vision. How many of them do you think there were?

SWJS
11-13-2010, 11:55 AM
It's also implied by the fact that Desmond can access the glyphs which subject 16 hid in his own genetic memories
16 hacked the glyphs into the animus memory core. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

obliviondoll
11-13-2010, 11:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's also implied by the fact that Desmond can access the glyphs which subject 16 hid in his own genetic memories
16 hacked the glyphs into the animus memory core. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But if you read the rest, you'll notice I said

Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Subject 16 has to have had an ancestor in Renaissance Italy who used eagle vision. How many of them do you think there were?

Theassassin4756
11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
kinda of a far off idea... but what if 16 is a clone constructed to find what Desmond had to do in AC1 but instead of jumping stright to Altair they had to go from something more in the present and scale back to Altair.
i know its far off but who knows?

Another idea is that 16 is really dead but "Alive" in the Animus Core that Lucy stole. Kinda like a Tron moment. This makes a bit more sense because of his puzzles coming back in AC:B. How would he have gotten to this series of Memories if he failed to reach the Vault assuming he went through Ezio's memories? And that Brings up another point, 16 and Desmond have to be related in ether a Far or Close type of way but its most likely not the direct way most people are thinking.

The only thing that bothers me about 16 is how similar his voice is to Desmond's.

KrYpToNiC95
11-14-2010, 03:20 AM
I actually think that because of the Bleeding effect (visions outside the animus from suing it too long) drove subject 16 to his death. with Abstergo's only gateway to that particular ancestor they hunted down and tracked Desmond. That is how he fits into the picture, they needed someone related to him but not someone he knew. Subject 16 is most likely dead.

tijn1996
11-14-2010, 07:36 AM
SPOILER
maybe its desmonds father or when you go in the end of ac2 to the mailbox of lucy they talk about somebody how died a woman i forgot her name it could be her don't you think to

-also future will one day be history so maybe we are controlled by peaple in a animus-

ThomasWright
12-04-2010, 04:39 AM
How about this...
Desmond is actually subject 16's ancestor and 16 is in the animus experiencing Desmond's life which, for the most part, at least what we see, is in the animus experiencing Ezio's life. The spiral. Just a thought.

Mynimoe
12-04-2010, 05:12 AM
whoever wrote this in their siggy....

??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ? ?? ??? ????? ??

the arabic is wrong.

the second half however is correct except that i dont think you need the ?? .

The first half literally says "There is nothing that is correct". I think you may have used google translate? I'll fix it for you.

here is what you would want for the first half, i believe.

?? ??? ?????

Which literally means "Nothing is actual" or "Nothing is real"