PDA

View Full Version : Ezio and friends' age

Coolgerb
11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
So, at the end of AC:B he's 48, and while this is not that old nowadays, in the renaissance it'd be comparable to something like 70 nowadays (I might be wrong, couldn't find anything specific about the average age in those days).
I mean, people died around 60 back then. And most friends and family of him also seem to get extremely old in comparison to the rest of mankind back then.

Sure, he's physically in top condition for his age (I know he'd call me an imbecile now), but most of his life he's been physically active, comparable to construction workers, so you'd expect him to at least have trouble with his back or something... Being that physically active at his age seems a bit impossible to me.

Not to mention, he still didn't have children...

So I'm wondering, while it's obvious a lot of things in the game are unrealistic, isn't this a bit too obvious? Or am I wrong and were people back then already getting as old as us nowadays?

P.S.: I have to say that Ubisoft did a great job of making Ezio grow up; He really does comes over as a young man who still needs to learn everything in AC2 (and AC:B flashbacks), while he really comes over as an experienced man in AC:B and the end of AC2. He really changes.
His voice actor did a great job too in making him sound both young and old.

(Yes, Ezio is one of my all-time favourite characters, together with John Marston of RDR fame)

Geinref
11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
So, at the end of AC:B he's 48, and while this is not that old nowadays, in the renaissance it'd be comparable to something like 70 nowadays (I might be wrong, couldn't find anything specific about the average age in those days).
I mean, people died around 60 back then. And most friends and family of him also seem to get extremely old in comparison to the rest of mankind back then.

Sure, he's physically in top condition for his age (I know he'd call me an imbecile now), but most of his life he's been physically active, comparable to construction workers, so you'd expect him to at least have trouble with his back or something... Being that physically active at his age seems a bit impossible to me.

So I'm wondering, while it's obvious a lot of things in the game are unrealistic, isn't this a bit too obvious? Or am I wrong and were people back then already getting as old as us nowadays?

P.S.: I have to say that Ubisoft did a great job of making Ezio grow up; He really does comes over as a young man who still needs to learn everything in AC2 (and AC:B flashbacks), while he really comes over as an experienced man in AC:B and the end of AC2. He really changes.

(Yes, Ezio is one of my all-time favourite characters, together with John Marston of RDR fame)

I give more props to ubisoft to hire a damn good voice actor for ezio. He did an amazing job sounding older and young like you said. When i first experienced the flashback memories I was surprised to hear ezio sound super young like he did in the beginning of AC2. Then back again to were he's older.

ninja_7_7
11-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:

But if all you did in your whole life was free run and manual labor your going to be in great shape. I dont find it to unrealistic. Its a stretch but still believable.

Coolgerb
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
But if all you did in your whole life was free run and manual labor your going to be in great shape. I dont find it to unrealistic. Its a stretch but still believable.

I am aware of this, and while believable (due to all kinds of reasons like the right genes, etc) it would be more realistic to expect his body to run out of juice after all those years.
That's why top athletes usually stop when close to 30 (depends on the sport, of course), and people who work in for example construction have to quit their jobs earlier then someone who works all his life behind a desk.

DJKRONOS1982
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
After all that's been revealed in the story about the assassin bloodline, I'm not surprised to see how spry he is at 48. Superior genetics probably have a lot to do with it.

The only other assassin in the brotherhood that remotely looks older is Bartolomeo. Machiavelli is losing some hair on the crown of his head and La Volpe has a few more wrinkles, but that's all I've noticed.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-24-2010, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...iTJc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLvU3JiTJc&feature=related)

EmperorxZurg
11-24-2010, 11:27 PM
wait, not have kids? Do you think all those women he slept with constantly never got pregnant? ONE of them had to have gotten a kid at least. Just because he didn't raise one doesn't mean he hasn't "given" a few women that present

mu4life2010
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
He said when talking to Leonardo after looking into the apple about cesare "Plant a seed"

recklesschords
12-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by mu4life2010:
He said when talking to Leonardo after looking into the apple about cesare "Plant a seed"
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Dougout78
12-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Ezio is that era's Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris is GOD. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Sparty2020
12-02-2010, 03:27 AM
^ This! The beard proves it!