PDA

View Full Version : GAME NOT READY - RETURN IT SO THEY LEARN

Blades1965
03-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Folks...I want to reinforce that YOU have the power here. Send the Publisher a loud a clear message that you/we will not tolerate this type of unfinished garbage to be released. I recommend we return this game en-mass as a "defective product". Trust that most stores (and mail order houses) for that matter will allow you to return the product if it is truly defective (which it is) to get a store credit for a totaly different product. I returned my copy to EB yesterday using this tactic, and it worked great (I also had printouts of the posts from the this board detaining all the issues - which providd more leverage).

I have also written letters to all National chains that I have seen that stock this item, detailing the bugs, issues, and overall defective nature of the game - urging them to recall it, as it is unfair to sell to their customers and reflects bad on them.

If we all take these proactive measures en-mass, we will help to teach the publisher and industry that this tyoe of behavior (unfinished buggy product that you pay full price so that YOU can do the hard work of beta testing) is unethical,and down right unacceptable.

ACT NOW

Your fellow gamer,

Blades

quillan
03-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Didn't you do this YESTERDAY? That looks like the same exact post. Go away.

Edit- Yes, you DID do this yesterday. Here's your post from yesterday's thread:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Folks...I want to reinforce that YOU have the power here. Send the Publisher a loud a clear message that you/we will not tolerate this type of unfinished garbage to be released. I recommend we return this game en-mass as a "defective product". Trust that most stores (and mail order houses) for that matter will allow you to return the product if it is truly defective (which it is) to get a store credit for a totaly different product. I returned my copy to EB yesterday using this tactic, and it worked great (I also had printouts of the posts from the this board detaining all the issues - which providd more leverage).

I have also written letters to all National chains that I have seen that stock this item, detailing the bugs, issues, and overall defective nature of the game - urging them to recall it, as it is unfair to sell to their customers and reflects bad on them.

If we all take these proactive measures en-mass, we will help to teach the publisher and industry that this tyoe of behavior (unfinished buggy product that you pay full price so that YOU can do the hard work of beta testing) is unethical,and down right unacceptable.

ACT NOW

Your fellow gamer,

Blades <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
from this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=5251075003) thread.

It's word for word the same post. You just cut and pasted it into a new thread. I guess you didn't get enough attention yesterday. I have a phone number for you to call to complain.

1-800-CRY-BABY

Trolling isn't allowed on these boards. The mods will ban you if you keep it up. Stop it.

Markone1
03-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Take it back?......no way dude.

I'm hooked on this thing.

hakentt
03-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Blades1965 got his money back for the game. Why does he still complain here? The only reason I can think of is that he is a jew and he hates ww2 german side games.

I play the game every day I love it. I love to see german EAGLE on the hats and on the mission documents.

I know that the game was developed by some kids from Romania and it does have few bugs but game is still playable.

Supr
03-30-2005, 07:39 PM
Complain, hell, he's got like 3 threads? LOL. Its all about the attention.

steve_v
03-30-2005, 07:44 PM
If I had any power here, you would be getting a short posting holiday for spamming these forums. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Moderator, clean up on aisle 5 please.

http://www.geocities.com/g8tr45/troll_2.txt

NastyHyena
03-30-2005, 07:47 PM
So, at what point does this become slander, so the mods can bodily throw this guy out?

SubQual
03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Seems Baldes is suffering from an ID10T error :-)

bweiss
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
This is what happens when one jumps into the pool without first looking... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

malkuth
03-30-2005, 09:06 PM
He was also the little troll, that posted the same thing under a different User name yesterday. But dont expect a response now, way past his bedtime.

blue_76
03-30-2005, 09:09 PM
well, this is bound to happen sooner or later.. best thing to do about it is ignore the guy.. eventually they (trolls) all give up seeing the lack of attention they crave.

Trink_Afri-Cola
03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hakentt:
Blades1965 got his money back for the game. Why does he still complain here? The only reason I can think of is that he is a jew and he hates ww2 german side games.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree.

I Love German-side games.

Xadavus
03-30-2005, 10:15 PM
To Blades1965

A) Returning the game doesn't necessarly send out the right message to publishers of what you are trying to express under what reason. It's the bug report, posts, suggestions and commments that gets the message across to developers and publishers.

B) All games come with bugs, minor or major, they all different. Sometimse minor bugs have major effect, while major bugs have minor effect. Just wait it out and good patch will be there.

C)Yes, the people have the power to choose their action. But gives you no right to tell them what action they "should" take.

D) You worry about good or bad quality games with minor or major bugs? You can read the forums first befor purchasing. You still want to know how it is befor paying, you can go download it from the net... just don't whine at us if you get caught. YOU have the power to choose.... remember?

E) No matter what game you play, you always beta test it with or without you knowing it. Why, because somewhere down the road you make comments about the game, or specifics within the game, words pass around and at some point developers hear about it and either fix it or leave it. Therefor, "THERE IS NO PERFECT GAME" so don't even bother requesting for recall. If they do recall every game that has problems, then there would be not a signle game out there... nope, not even chess on pc. Trust me, I beta test many games on my spare times. And played over 40 titles of games on different platform. I yet have to see a bugless game.

F) PC/MAC games are less likly to be recalled compared to other platforms, because patches can be applied to PC/MAC games much easier than on any other platforms.

So, overal if you want to make a complain, you can express the details of your complain and concern to the developers, so they can help you get it fixed.

As for me to return the game? Here is my reply .... never. I love it and I'm keeping it. I wait for good patch, if it never comes, oh well... plenty more games out there to play and more to come in the future.

As for the other people, lets go sink'em all, let god sort'em all.

Xad

Pr0metheus 1962
03-30-2005, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades1965:
Folks...I want to reinforce that YOU have the power here. Send the Publisher a loud a clear message that you/we will not tolerate this type of unfinished garbage to be released. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why should I return a game that works just fine right out of the box?

JohnnyH1982
03-30-2005, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Markone1:
Take it back?......no way dude.

I'm hooked on this thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed

And Blade stop spamming its not helping you.

Tobus75
03-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Yes, it's unfinished garbage, but I sooooooo love this garbage!! Have some patience, take some ritalin, patches will come. No use busting a bloodvessel over this.

Mon Pavion
03-30-2005, 11:55 PM
So in short Blade..go away

I think I hear your mommy calling you

Oh, and you are not my "fellow"

Bulwark_
03-30-2005, 11:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SubQual:
Seems Baldes is suffering from an ID10T error :-) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's interesting... I've only heard the mention of india delta ten tango from being on ship! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RedTerex
03-31-2005, 12:17 AM
steve_v quotes:
"...If I had any power here, you would be getting a short posting holiday for spamming these forums.
Moderator, clean up on aisle 5 please..."
--------------------------------------------

First off, I wont delete the thread.
He is not swearing or causing trouble or upset for anyone maybe a bit of a thorn in Ubi's side but thats about it.

"You can have it mean but keep it clean"

I disagree with his post as it happens as the game is imho 99% playable...
there are some glitches and bugs agreed and most if not all of them should be sorted in patch V1.02 which should be out soon.

I'm on patrol 24 now with 114 ships sunk @ 548,922 tons. no duds, auto TDC, contact map and all cameras working gives me 57% realism.

Take it back ! no way hozay, you couldnt drag it off me !

Bulwark_
03-31-2005, 12:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedTerex:
I'm on patrol 24 now with 114 ships sunk @ 548,922 tons. no duds, auto TDC, contact map and all cameras working gives me 57% realism.

Take it back ! no way hozay, you couldnt drag it off me ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Patrol 24? Man I'm on patrol 2!! That's a lot of tonnage you got there! I'm playing on 59% realism. The 2% difference is I have dud torpedos turned on. I can't remember how many ships I sunk, but I emptied all my torpedos on my first patrol with zero duds. The only dud was me when I accidently fired a torpedo by mistake by hitting enter instead of the plus. I changed my CFG file so that'll never happen again.

Sawito
03-31-2005, 12:34 AM
*1-800-CRY-BABY*

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Xadavus
03-31-2005, 12:41 AM
which CFG did you change and what line , i hate that enter key accidentally fires torpedo.

Thanks

Xad

Bulwark_
03-31-2005, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xadavus:
which CFG did you change and what line , i hate that enter key accidentally fires torpedo.

Thanks

Xad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I forget who originally posted this, I'd like to give them credit!! This is quoted from someone else, great configuration!

goto C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\Commands_en .cfg which has all the key bindings. There are a BUCKETLOAD of unbound commands that can be of use especially if setting up a Shoot! profile or similar.

For the above "fix" find and change to:

[Cmd6]
Name=Time_compr_normal
Ctxt=1,2,6,9
Key0=0x0D,,"Enter"

and:

[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctl+Enter"

This'll bind time compression 1x to the enter key and fire torpedo will be remapped to Ctrl+Enter. Don't forget that backing up the Cfg file is a good idea before tinkering.

cwojackson
03-31-2005, 02:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedTerex:
steve_v quotes:
"...If I had any power here, you would be getting a short posting holiday for spamming these forums.
Moderator, clean up on aisle 5 please..."
--------------------------------------------

First off, I wont delete the thread.
He is not swearing or causing trouble or upset for anyone maybe a bit of a thorn in Ubi's side but thats about it.

_"You can have it mean but keep it clean"_

I disagree with his post as it happens as the game _is_ imho 99% playable...
there are some glitches and bugs agreed and most if not all of them should be sorted in patch V1.02 which should be out soon.

Take it back ! no way hozay, you couldnt drag it off me ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Obviously not all Ubisoft forums are created equal. If you dare bring up legitimate criticism on the Ubisoft IL2/PF forum you will be quickly zotted by one of the Cult of the Stormovic.

I'm glad to see that this forum actually follows it's own rules, even with a poster like this one.

die_Briten
03-31-2005, 03:01 AM
I'm new to this forum, so hi all. Just to comment on the initial post, i have what is now generally regarded as an 'old' system - AMD 1.4, GeForce4 Ti4400 - and although the game is not super quick, it is very playable. Apart from the NVIDIA spray bug, i have no issues at all.

I haven't had this much fun in years with a video game. Perhaps fun is the wrong word, because fun is not quite how i would describe my emotions as a destroyer comes bearing down on my sub.

However, although Blades1965 does appear to have misread the general opinion of these forums, it is his opinion ... however misguided. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
03-31-2005, 06:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
If you dare bring up legitimate criticism on the Ubisoft IL2/PF forum you will be quickly zotted by one of the Cult of the Stormovic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the IL-2 forums are 'fanboy central'. Heaven forbid anyone goes over there with his brain actively engaged. They won't accept anything but mindless praise for Oleg and his so-called 'simulation'.

subzero1944
03-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, all I can say is, there would be many many games I would return before this one..

I've had so many hours of pleasure from this sim, infact so much more than any other game I've played, yes it has it's bugs, it's called life, and life aint perfect... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Capt.LoneRanger
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
That's a little superficial, Beeryus & cwojackson, not to use the term 'unfair'.

It really depends on what you say. But if you are person number 5.000.000 who brings up a thread like "[insert plane name here] undermodelled" or "Modable planes like in CFS", you get what you want or maybe deserve.

There is no perfect game, IL2 is not, SH3 is not, no game is. But if you raed the headline of this thread and things like this ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i hate that enter key accidentally fires torpedo. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... you really wonder why people get upset because of their own failures.

Many discussions there are very high standard, like some are here, but at some point, it really sux to read yet another post about blaming a product for personal incompetence. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TASKFORCE1x1
03-31-2005, 08:53 AM
No one will fall for this post. Everyone with common sense knows that every game ever made has had a patch or two. On the positive side it was very quick of the dev team to give us the 1.1 patch so soon. So we wait a little for the next patch. At least their fast. Their dedication is beyond and above what the average dev teams would do. Remember that SHIII is ground breaking. What the dev team has done to SHIII hasnt been done to any sim. This sim uses a all new gaming engine. Very demanding on the latest in video,audio processing. Give it time. Together we can help spot bugs(if they are bugs and not just user error). Positive support is better than negative support. Cut them some slack. please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

subzero1944
03-31-2005, 09:00 AM
Well Said Taskforce !

PsychoFritz
03-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Is there another game company out there trying to develop a sub sim game?

Pr0metheus 1962
03-31-2005, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
That's a little superficial, Beeryus & cwojackson, not to use the term 'unfair'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it's my experience over there. The forums for IL-2 have long been considered by most objective observers to be some of the most reactionary forums on the web. Not only are they populated by rabidly pro-IL-2 fanboy flamers and trolls, they seem to be moderated by flamers and trolls too.

U_21
03-31-2005, 11:02 AM
I've just installed the game (and the 1.1 patch) today. All I can say is that so far I'm very impressed. It's been quite a while since I've been able to command a sub, and it's just great to be back in the conning tower.
The game has performed flawlessly and I'm looking forward to spending many hours battling my way through the war.
Send it back? No way!!!

migrene14
03-31-2005, 11:16 AM
The true is, blades dont have a computer to play this game on, he is only jealous.

CRULL
03-31-2005, 11:20 AM
He has most of you running around like a chicken with his head cut off...LOL!