PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is very true, everything is permitted.

Ingr4m
12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
A real life quote. It was used in both AC and AC2 but in AC2 during the end of sequence 11 i think it is, when Ezio is Orientated into the Creed, there is a Quote before it i was hoping someone here could tell me the quote.

RipYourSpineOut
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't remember "very" being in there http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif?

Seriously, did it sound foreign? If it did, then it was "La shai wak'ion motlaq bal kollon momken". Altair says it near the end of AC1. It basically means "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Enkeixpress
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Altair sounds & looks more badass saying it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

PlagueDoctor357
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Notice how the 15th century assassins use it more literal in a sense of don't believe in anything and if you gotta break the law do it whilst Altair was meant to use it as a guideline on life and understanding.

Crash_Plague
12-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Notice how the 15th century assassins use it more literal in a sense of don't believe in anything and if you gotta break the law do it whilst Altair was meant to use it as a guideline on life and understanding.

Yeah, I believe that the exact conversation was something like

"What is truth?"

"We place faith in ourselves, we see the world the way is truly is, and hope that one day all mankind may see the same."

"What is the world then?"

"An illusion, one which we can either submit to, as most do, or transcend. "

"What is it to transcend?"

"To realize that nothing is true and everything is permitted; that laws arise not from divinity, but reason. I now understand that our creed does not command us to be free, it commands us to be wise."

That's completely from my memory, so it may a little off, but I think I got the jist of it.

One of my favorite dialogs in the first game.

JudgeQwerty
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Aye, almost to the letter, but noone's mentioned the fact that Al Mualim did NOT practice what he preached.

Crash_Plague
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
That's cause Al Mualim sucked!

lol no.

If you read the final attachement on the last memory in AC1, Altair reflects on the piece of eden and it's power.

I think it's more that when Al Mualim and his fellow templars discovered the piece of eden, the thing consumed Al Mualim, and caused him to change. Once he finally got his hands on it, things got even worse.

But that's just what I think. I'm tired and lazy right now, see the attachment at the end of memory block seven and you'll get what I mean, haha...