PDA

View Full Version : Getting nervous

Jediteo
09-22-2007, 02:54 PM
In a few days I will make a rather lifechanging move. I will move to Nottingham to study at Nottingham Trent university. For the past several weeks I've been preparing, with buying stuff needed, and finishing up stuff here at home. However as the big day approaches, I'm getting a bit nervous. I have never before traveled alone, I've been to the UK before, but not to the Nottingham area. I have checked all the info and brocheurs sent to me by the Uni. I'm really excited about this, but still I experience a bit of nervosity.

But I have most things planned out, and I will probably be OK.

I'm sorry if I bored you with this post, but just wanted to share my.. situation.

MEGILE
09-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the UK http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Low_Flyer_MkVb
09-22-2007, 03:01 PM
What's not to like? Women outnumber men in that area...there's an enormous brewery on the Trent supplying the city and transport links could be worse, then there's the Goose Fair, and you can always play Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest.

Good luck in your studies.

Airmail109
09-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jediteo:
In a few days I will make a rather lifechanging move. I will move to Nottingham to study at Nottingham Trent university. For the past several weeks I've been preparing, with buying stuff needed, and finishing up stuff here at home. However as the big day approaches, I'm getting a bit nervous. I have never before traveled alone, I've been to the UK before, but not to the Nottingham area. I have checked all the info and brocheurs sent to me by the Uni. I'm really excited about this, but still I experience a bit of nervosity.

But I have most things planned out, and I will probably be OK.

I'm sorry if I bored you with this post, but just wanted to share my.. situation.

Dont get nervous it could land you in a neurology and psychaitric ward!

Youll be fine at uni http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I live not far from Nottingham

Good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ytareh
09-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Where are you from/coming from?

Jediteo
09-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Sweden, been home all summer after living alone during high school (Did'nt want to switch schools when my family moves during my second year)

ytareh
09-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds as if youre better prepared than most to make the move...You'll be fine!

Tbag_13
09-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the UK! I'm sure you'll have a great time. And if you don't - flights are so freakin cheap that visiting home is not a big deal. I moved to Leeds last year and all I would suggest: Pray with me that next summer will be better then this one.

general_kalle
09-22-2007, 03:55 PM
god rejse.
hilsen fra Danmark.
jeg kunne også godt tænke mig at flytte til england engang... eller sverige.
det er så pænt deroppe

Jediteo
09-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Do any of you know how most university accomodations have their internet set up, With proxy servers and that lot. Would be good to be able to fly with you people once in a while.

And thank you for your support.

mortoma
09-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Good thing you are coming from Sweden and not the U.S., because you at least can speak the language! LOL!!