PDA

View Full Version : Will BoE install over PF+AEP+FB ok?

sledgehammer2
11-22-2004, 04:31 AM
I am asking for BoE for Christmas because I want some good Western front campaigns and other stuff that it contains... now that PF is out and has been patched does that affect BoE and how it should be installed? Will it show the effects, etc. that have been updated since PF has come out?

sledgehammer2
11-22-2004, 04:31 AM
I am asking for BoE for Christmas because I want some good Western front campaigns and other stuff that it contains... now that PF is out and has been patched does that affect BoE and how it should be installed? Will it show the effects, etc. that have been updated since PF has come out?

Cajun76
11-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Since PF 3.1 is different than what BOE was designed for, I would have FB+AEP+BOE (2.xx whichever patch it supposed to run on) installed separately.

I don't have BOE, but the missions were written for a 2.xx install I believe. That will effect how the missions play out in FB 3.1, and they were designed with 2.xx flight models and physics.

I could very well be wrong, but this kind of thing happens to older, scripted missions and saved .trks when new versions come along. That's why the DGEN is so important, so your campaign isn't screwed if a new version comes out.

Bsnakeman
11-22-2004, 08:11 AM
By so far I have BOE on FB+AEP+PF whitout a problem...

von_Albert
11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I have installed BoE over the 3.01 install of FB+AEP+Pf without any problems. It looks like the installer avoids overwriting any newer files in the DGEN or NGEN folders, so there do not appear to be any conflicts that I have noticed yet.

The only (minor) issue is that the british voices from PF get overwritten with the ones from BoE. If you want the voices from PF, you can simply make a copy of the GB folder (cointaining the 9 british actor folders) which I think is located in sounds/voices. I not completely sure of the file path since I'm not sitting in front of my home pc at the moment.

However, it is not critical to replace the BoE voices with the ones from PF. The PF voices are clearly based on the ones from BoE with just some added background noise, etc. Some people may actually prefer the voicepack from BoE.