PDA

View Full Version : Insignia option for players

Flaskegaard
10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Some countries aircraft insignia markings changed over the course of the war. Would it be possible to add an option for the player to choose which insignia to put on their plane, or the AI planes? i.e. Early war, Mid war, Late war insignia option. The US insignia changed six times during the war. It would be neat to be able to have an option to choose the style of insignia for your aircraft.

Flaskegaard
10-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Here are the six styles of US insignis used by the USA during the war: Blue circle-white star with red circle inside white star (pre war); Blue circle-white star; Blue circle-white star with yellow border; Blue circle-white star with white bars, no border; Blue circle-white star and bars with red border; Blue circle-white star and bars with blue border. If it cannot be done, no problem, but it would be neat.

TipsyTed
10-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Check the bottom of the first post in Daidalos Team updates (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6301067919) - they are planning something like that in future updates. Actually, markings will not be chosen by player, but will depend on the mission date instead.

DD_crash
10-04-2011, 04:30 AM
This works (and with lots of different markings) Mat manager (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3117)

Flaskegaard
10-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks. I've installed the MAT Manager and did everything it told me to. I'm having just one problem, when I uncheck the READ ONLY boxes in the Cache and NetCache properties, then hit apply, it appears to apply it, but when I reopen the same properties again, the READ ONLY box is checked again. I have tried several times to get the READ ONLY box to stay unchecked, but it always reopens with it checked. How do you get the READ ONLY box to stay unchecked?

Tully__
10-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Flaskegaard:
How do you get the READ ONLY box to stay unchecked?
On Windows Vista and Win7 installations, installing the program in the default C:\Program Files folder set can cause this. If you're on one of those operating systems, move your game folder(cut/paste will do, no need to re-install) to somewhere outside the program files folder.

Flaskegaard
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the tip, Tully. Unfortunately, it didn't help. The READ ONLY box is still checked when I go back to it. I did notice there are a lot of extra added folders to the CACHE and REGIMENTS folders that was most likely put there by the MAT Manager, but the default markings / insignias are not changing.

Flaskegaard
10-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Tully, Please disregard my last post. It finally worked. Thank you and everyone else for all your help.