PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick?

diablo_1917
02-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Has anybody played with this joystick? I would just like to know if you get good control with it. If you have any tips on tweaking and modifications please share.

diablo_1917
02-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Has anybody played with this joystick? I would just like to know if you get good control with it. If you have any tips on tweaking and modifications please share.

jimDG
02-21-2006, 07:05 PM
It has quite strong springs compared to the rest, so, its quite hard to change smoothly between one stick deflection to another. BUT - that means that it also lends itself to extension, if you are inclined to lengthen it by 10-20cm and make it into a mini control column. Tape a stick or a a long kitchen knife to it and try it out.
I also opened mine and glued the twist axis solid - I could never push forward and to the side without also getting some unwanted rudder twist.
Otherwise it sucks - mine broke in 3-4 months (the potentiometers got worn away)

LEBillfish
02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Inexpensive, feels more solid to me then a Saitek, works great, can set up individual profiles/game........However, after roughly a year I think I may be losing the twist pot....and note they don't even respond on their user forums to those who ask about it.

Disappointing after having used the same MS Sidewinder Precision Pro optical for 6 hard used years......However at $35.00 U.S. a pop call it disposable and no biggie if it craps out every 6 months....Better still, see how much Comp.USA or Best buy wants for their extended warrenty (the bassids as they take care of nothing unless you buy it....or honor rebates).........and return it every 9 months or so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SkyChimp
02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I've had 2 and neither one lasted but about 6 months. I now have a Saitek and haven't looked back.

diablo_1917
02-21-2006, 07:53 PM
I've had it for about two months and no problems, although the first time I used it I heard creaking sounds inside http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif and something rattling!
I never played flight sims before and never used a joystick either, what sort of performance do you get in the game with this joystick compared to some other ones.

Dr2GunzOD
02-21-2006, 08:39 PM
got one as my first stick roughly 1 year ago. It has held up very well for me so far. I really like the amount of resistance. It is now my back up stick...replaced with x52 for the hotas.

DrHerb
02-21-2006, 09:00 PM
was my 1st j/s in il2 and after 4 yrs of regular use, it finally died (wouldnt bank left, nor rudder left) so i got an x45 and all is good

CornbreadPattie
02-22-2006, 12:54 AM
I've had this joystick for a year and a half and I like it a lot. Feels great, but the left button in the middle column at the joystick base is a little hard to get the game to respond to.

I like it a lot.