PDA

View Full Version : How to use bombsite sideslip function......?

Tooz_69GIAP
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
I was looking through my controls to see if I could get a better configuration when I saw a set of commands for moving the bombsite left or right on the aircraft with level bombsites.

I tried it on the He-111 and B-25, and the crosshairs moved either to the right or left 1 degree every tap of the key.

Now, how can I use this while trying to hit something?? Is it a function that will give me better results if I am crabbing, thus compensating for the extra angle?? Or is it something that, when bombsite automation is on, will shift the aircraft onto the correct vector for the target??

What does this function actually do????

Tooz_69GIAP
02-09-2005, 10:35 PM
I was looking through my controls to see if I could get a better configuration when I saw a set of commands for moving the bombsite left or right on the aircraft with level bombsites.

I tried it on the He-111 and B-25, and the crosshairs moved either to the right or left 1 degree every tap of the key.

Now, how can I use this while trying to hit something?? Is it a function that will give me better results if I am crabbing, thus compensating for the extra angle?? Or is it something that, when bombsite automation is on, will shift the aircraft onto the correct vector for the target??

What does this function actually do????

Tooz_69GIAP
02-10-2005, 09:08 AM
noone knows???

madsarmy
02-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Tooz I don't know if this be of any help to you.
Trying to learn level bombing myself at the moment
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/b25_lbg.htm

SeminoleX
02-10-2005, 10:49 AM
Short answer:

Forget these controls exist. You do not need them.

WWSensei
02-10-2005, 02:48 PM
The side slip controls are used in real life to adjust for wind drift. Since there is no wind drift in the game their actual usefullness is nonexistent.