PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed II Battle for Forli DLC

tonysloggett
02-01-2010, 05:48 AM
I downloaded the Battle for Forli, sequence 12 DLC for the Xbox 360 last friday and I have to say what a massive disapointment it is.
My complaints:
NO ACHIEVEMENTS, OMG, you can't provide a DLC with no achievements, it doesn't really incentify people to actually download it and complete it. I genuinely feel cheated, I'd much rather you charged more for it and provided some achievements.
It was way too easy, I completed it in about 2.5 hours, the story was interesting but the gameplay was way to easy, it was almost like starting the game again from scratch, kinda easy.
I am a huge Assasins Creed fan, I've completed (as in 1000 points completed) both AC and ACII, I've even bought the Ezio novel, but I feel that I've paid for bits of the game that you should have shipped originally, as I said I feel cheated.
Please dont consider for one second that it is ok to ship a DLC with no achievements, come on Ubisoft, dont ruin a masterpiece with stupidity.

nightcobra
02-01-2010, 06:36 AM
yeah we'll give you a dlc that consists only of achievements and no other content whatsoever, i guess that'll make you happy.

HewieAlbino
02-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Why are people complaining about no achievements/trophies? I mean, how the hell did you survive video games before PS3 and XBox then?

tonysloggett
02-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Can I suggest that you try and keep your responses to something a little more mature. As I said in my post, the content and story are good, but it's too easy and too short, if there where achievments then it might make me feel like I have actually achieved something because the DLC on it's own is part of a story, and does not really have any objectives than rounding out the story a bit. Do you really want Ubisoft or other software houses to deliver parts of games, leaving stuff out and then selling them to you later? A DLC should be a nugget of enjoyment in it's own right, and yes I am used to getting achievements now I game exclusively on the Xbox.
And I have been gaming for over 25 years, so yes I know what gaming was like before the Xbox and PS3's, however, one of the major benefits of those gaming systems is the achievment and trophy systems (as well as the graphics, audio, depth of story etc.). Now that we are used to is, taking it away in this fashion is much more obvious.
Why dont you download the DLC and play it and see whether what I'm saying rings true before you flame me. I'm not shouting from the rooftops or calling Ubisoft theives, I just want to make sure they dont make the mistake twice and put off gamers who want a rounded experience (which includes achievements/trophies).

TwinIltani
02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by tonysloggett:
NO ACHIEVEMENTS, OMG, you can't provide a DLC with no achievements, it doesn't really incentify people to actually download it and complete it.

Color me (and many others who got the DLC) surprised. My incentive to get it was that it was an addition to the storyline, and that it provided me with some extra play time. I couldn't have given two hoots one way or the other about Trophies\Achievements.

Originally posted by tonysloggett:It was way too easy, I completed it in about 2.5 hours

Took you a while for this being "way too easy" DLC.

tonysloggett
02-01-2010, 07:43 AM
That's certainly a fair point, maybe I am alone in this feeling cheated then. The 2.5 hours was an approximate time, as you will know, there are a whole bunch of cut scenes that take a lot of the time. Without spoiling the DLC content for anyone else, just the tasks themselves within the DLC were too easy, a couple of the major ones I completed straight away (the two at the end in particular where over in about 20-30 seconds).

Gadfly22
02-01-2010, 08:10 AM
I haven't played the Forli DLC yet, and I probably wouldn't have commented on the difficulty anyway, as I typically find playing harder than most.

But cost-wise it seems not too bad, based on 2.5 hrs of gameplay (cut scenes notwithstanding). I think we are in a comfort zone when we pay about $3 per hour of entertainment. So a 20-hr videogame (which, for me, AC2 was at the very least on my original playthrough) can legitimately charge $60, with replay value slashing the per-hour cost.

First-run movies strike me as expensive on this measure, which is one reason I tend to pass on them. Rental movies are about on par. Books are, of course, a bargain but provide a different entertainment experience.

So $3.99 for 2.5 hrs of gameplay for Battle of Forli sounds pretty good to me.