PDA

View Full Version : Request for flyable P40, F6F

TequillaJack
05-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I have a installed Pacific Fighters+Forgotten Battles+Ace Expansion Pack (PF+FB+AEP) and have upgraded all patches pt to and including patch 4.04 (volume 4.04). Pacific Fighters has a number of games where the player is to fly the older P40, F4G, F6F. Also the Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty is not flyable as a bomber. Can any one help?

VW-IceFire
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
You mean you try and fly those planes and get an error? If so...you've probably installed the patches out of order or installed the wrong patches. Might want to check on that.

TequillaJack
05-18-2007, 09:57 PM
No, I applied all patches in order and ensured that all patches were for PF+FB+AEP. I can load a game where I'm to fly one of these aircrafts and the game will load but I can't fly or control the aircraft, nor can I get a cockpic view. Any ideas?

FoolTrottel
05-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Still it sounds a lot like a patching mishap.

Not necessarily your error, as at sometime, somewhere there was a site that had 2 patches mislabeled, in that you think you get the merged one, but its contents were for the PF stand alone one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Here's an overview of patches from 3.0m to 4.04m, and their sizes (in Kb's, as they show up in Windows Explorer)

pf_v303m 102.576
pf_v401m 144.368
pf_v402m 31.039
pf_403m 158.211
pf_404m 22.320

Check it, and once you find an anomaly, correct it, and re-patch from there.

Should there be no obvious error, I'd advise you to re-download all patches (to either a different location, or remove the old files first) and re-apply them. Maybe something's broken in one of them files.

As an alternative, there's a community made MegaPatch available: Link to Megapatch zip (ftp://ftp.ubi.com/de/pacificfighters/PFm_Megapatch.zip)
(Brings up 3.0m tot 4.04m, 364Mb file http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif You can just apply that one to your current installation.)

Good Luck!

GerritJ9
05-19-2007, 04:53 AM
I wonder if anybody has made a PF standalone Megapatch....... although I suspect most people fly merged, there would probably be quite a bit of interest for a standalone Megapatch as well.

XyZspineZyX
05-19-2007, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by TequillaJack:
No, I applied all patches in order and ensured that all patches were for PF+FB+AEP. I can load a game where I'm to fly one of these aircrafts and the game will load but I can't fly or control the aircraft, nor can I get a cockpic view. Any ideas?

No cockpit view?

Let me guess:

you see something like a green and blue screen, divided horizontally. You may be able to see the plane from the outside view?

If so, definitely a patching error. This was quite common at one time. Very correctable. As fooltrottel mentioned, there is a strangeness with patch names at a few places

staticline1
05-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Might want to check the patches you downloaded. Like fooltrottel said someplaces have mislabeled the patch, gamershell is one of them. The problem was with the 4.02 patch, the larger one is the correct one you want eventhough it is labeled on their site as the stand alone patch. Good luck.

Bearcat99
05-19-2007, 12:11 PM
FBm MEGAPATCH (ftp://ftp.ubi.com/de/pacificfighters)

FB+AEP+PF+Megapatch... should leave you at 4.04m.

I don't know if there is one for PF standalone.. I suggest you go on and get 46 though. Heck it's only $29.... when Pe-2 first came out it was $20. 46 has everything and all on one DVD up to 4.07m.

TequillaJack
05-19-2007, 12:17 PM
BBB462cid, you've hit it on the head! I see the green and blue screen divided horizontally and I only have an outside view.

Ok I think I have it now, or at least conceptually.

I have a few questions now. I'd like to start from scratch...again. Here's my questions:

QUESTION 1:
I've 'uninstalled' the game (FB+AEP+PF); does the uninstall remove all patches (just incase I've downloaded mislabeled patch?

QUESTION 2:
I'm perfomring a FB+AEP+PF intall should I re-boot after each individual install?
FB install - reboot
AEP install - reboot
PF install - reboot

I've also read that I should play one track after each install. Should I?

Qustion 3:
I've patched as follows from 3Dgamer, do these seem accurate to you? If not can you recommend a trustworthy patching site?

pf_patch303m.exe (100MB)
pf_patch401m.exe (141MB)
pf_patch402m.exe (31MB)
pf_patch403m.exe (155MB)
pf_patch404m.exe (21.8MB)

QUESTION 4:

Should I patch only after I've installed ALL components FB+AEP+PF or should I be patching as I go along?

Thanks for the help guys, let me know.

TequillaJack

MaxMhz
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
All correct patches can be downloaded from www.mission4today.com (http://www.mission4today.com) in the Download section. Just do a search for "patch"
Install FB check V1.0, Install AEP check V2.0 Install PF (MERGED!)check V3.0 m Install Patch 3.03m check V303m continue with the rest (should be obvious now...
NO need to reboot, just run the game after each install and check the version number in the lower left corner above the Loading... message. Don't skip a patch or an add-on CD and you should be good to go.
If you install add-ons or patches files will be overwritten or added. Therefore it does not matter if the previous uninstall removed everything. (for you anyway).

FoolTrottel
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, me thinks you can convert the Kb's I reported to your Mb's yerself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What NaxMhz said, no need to reboot inbetween...

What I would advise you is to check after applying each path wether the currently troubled aircraft are listed as flyables, and if they are, check wether the really are flyabale... ie have a cockpit.

That way you will know which patch causes the problems, and troubleshooting and fixing the problem will be way easier, as in the cause is located... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Good luck!

TequillaJack
05-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I've reinstalled the FB+AEP+PF and I'm looking pretty good. All aircraft is flyable and the problem has been resloved. Thanks again!