PDA

View Full Version : GWX The Easy Way

FongFongFong
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Made up a mod to allow using the use of optional damage models (http://www.geocities.com/rupertlittlebear/GWX_Torpedo_Targeting_Repaired.zip) in GWX from GW1.1a and the Stock Silent Hunter 1.4 game.

The original purpose of this mod was to re-instate the special torpedo targeting system that comes with the game that GWX abandoned without documentation thereof. Unfortunately GWX has damaged this system beyond all recognition and with this mod it works more often, but not always.

Simply chose the flavor you like and install it.
GWX comes with JSGME mod manager already installed so drop the variant you prefer into the Mods folder and enable with JSGME.

Also included is the original GWX model. (Just to be safe.)

For those of you who prefer not to use the mod manager, simply find the single file in the damage flavor you prefer and drop it into the game's data folder.

General forum supplied Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/857101043/m/3031058373) to installing mods.

tuddley3
01-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Good to see you brought this thread back to life so to say, this is a mod I recommend. Nice work Fongx3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

FongFongFong
01-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I was waiting to see if the forum had quality archives, but a mod posted that even the archives had been precision targeted . . .

So had to get down and re-post.

Glad you like it.

Carotio
01-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Well, I was happy that you did this mod, and I will include it in GWX-TA. Moreover, I have found original damage zone value files from most (merchant) ships and airplanes and will add that too. It will almost be happy times again....

Look under Content at my GWX-TA section at my site for the progress.

However three things prevent me for releasing it now: I have a few more things to add/change, GWX second patch should arrive shortly, and then GWX-TA should be fitted for that. And last but not least: a personnal tragidy has occured in my family, so I'm not fully up to it now...

FongFongFong
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, sorry to hear about your family . .

Buddhist saying
Never Born, Never Die

But back to torpedo targeting.
You might be interested to know that some of the targeting problems are linked to non-printing characters in the Zones file. And other problems are linked to the individual ship's .ZON file. And that the .ZON file was changed from GW1.1a to GWX

ottoramsaig
01-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Carotio:
Well, I was happy that you did this mod, and I will include it in GWX-TA. Moreover, I have found original damage zone value files from most (merchant) ships and airplanes and will add that too. It will almost be happy times again....

Look under Content at my GWX-TA section at my site for the progress.

However three things prevent me for releasing it now: I have a few more things to add/change, GWX second patch should arrive shortly, and then GWX-TA should be fitted for that. And last but not least: a personnal tragidy has occured in my family, so I'm not fully up to it now... Sorry to hear about the family news, wish you all the best and thanks for all the help in the past..........Good Luck Friend