PDA

View Full Version : combo kills. help?!?!?

warddo120
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
for some reson i can get a combo kill when hitten X then hitten it again right when the blade hits them. i never do any thing i just swing again..... but i can to the counter attack thing when u pull the right trigger and then when they swing hit X but for some reason i cant do the other one. can any one help me... my gamer tag is.........ChRoNiK120 that is if u want to reach me that way. thqnk you.

warddo

releaseO_o
11-16-2007, 05:24 PM
that is a combo kill. There is no special cinema thing when you do a combi kill, they just die...

Lolnubcake

Zeshal
11-16-2007, 05:25 PM
the counters and combo hits are pretty much random.

there's alot of different ways of killing in combo and counter, but it doesn't seem like you have the power to decide which he uses.

also in some counters, you'll have to press attack again for altair to initiate the kill move. like the one with the dagger where he punches the guy's stomach, punches his throat, and then stabs the dagger into the guy's skull and cracks his spine, the last kill move will not be initiated if you don't press attack after the punch to the throat. there's also one for the sword, where he stabs the guy through the chest.

Exassassin
11-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Taken from the Gamespot Guide:

Combo Kills

Combo kills are simple in theory. When you attack an opponent, you can tap the attack button again when your sword hits your foe for a combo kill. If you time it right, your sword will attack once, then you'll attack again immediately for an instant kill. The second attack will occur whether your opponent takes or blocks your first strike, but it won't occur if they dodge it.

Combo kills are mostly handy against easier opponents; the tougher foes you'll face later in the game will mostly be immune to the combo kills and will deflect both of your blows. When you're surrounded by enemies, the time required to attack twice will also usually leave you open to incoming attacks, making counters a better maneuver. Still, there's some brutal animations here, as well as an achievement for using them often, so it's worth trying them out on the weaker foes you face.

It's something entirely different then just simply countering the enemy with either the longsword/shortsword/hidden blade. You do NOT hold down the right trigger with this, cause that will not give you the freedom to attack the entire time.

Pinjani10
11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
ok at the beginning you could hit and then punch someone in the gut, how do you do this again?

bobbylucifer
11-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Zeshal:
the counters and combo hits are pretty much random.

there's alot of different ways of killing in combo and counter, but it doesn't seem like you have the power to decide which he uses.

also in some counters, you'll have to press attack again for altair to initiate the kill move. like the one with the dagger where he punches the guy's stomach, punches his throat, and then stabs the dagger into the guy's skull and cracks his spine, the last kill move will not be initiated if you don't press attack after the punch to the throat. there's also one for the sword, where he stabs the guy through the chest.

I'm getting the impression that your counters are decided by your timing and the distance between you and your enemy from my experience with the game so far. I'm not certain but I think that getting the timing exactly right helps with combo kills (though some people seem to be able to block forever)

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
The different counters you do depend on how far away you are from the person attacking, How they attack you (which direction the sword is coming from) And the time you press it, Sometimes i can almost choose exactly which one i wanna use lol... Most of the non-kill counters aside from on tougher people are when you are really close 2 them, Just something i ended up noticing... Also when they do a combo and you counter on the third hit it almost always ends up the same cause they usually attack overhead...

robatubisoft
11-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I am a bit confused on the "Combo Kill" thing as well. I've never gotten a "Fatality" animation on anything except "Counter Attacks", so how do you know if you are doing a "Combo Kill" or just beating your enemy over and over until they die?

dirtybird21
11-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by robatubisoft:
I am a bit confused on the "Combo Kill" thing as well. I've never gotten a "Fatality" animation on anything except "Counter Attacks", so how do you know if you are doing a "Combo Kill" or just beating your enemy over and over until they die?

A combo kill is basically just your normall attack, You hit X and you either damage them or they block it, Hit them enough times and they just die. Just basic fighting. I find it doesn't help much for killing but once they start getting defensive instead of attacking, combo someone a few times and they get a little more aggresive allowing you 2 do a counter... I love how you have 2 mix up the way you fight 2 really get anywhere.

tandar17
11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
A combo kill will give you an animation and usually will kill the person your attacking. I've been able to pull them off several times although not reliably

HardcoreHeathen
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Combo Kills appear to work randomly. I've been mashing the attack button before and then all of a sudden Altair does this cool animation where he shoves his sword in somebody's chest, instantly killing them. It wasn't a counter, because I wasn't holding the right trigger, but I've only had it happen twice.

master12
11-17-2007, 11:18 AM
what you need to do is click the attack button (without holding the right trigger) and don't start mashing that button just wait till your sword makes contact and when you see it make contact click the attack button again and it will do a pretty cool combo killing the guard instantaneously

robatubisoft
11-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by master12:
what you need to do is click the attack button (without holding the right trigger) and don't start mashing that button just wait till your sword makes contact and when you see it make contact click the attack button again and it will do a pretty cool combo killing the guard instantaneously

Yeah, I have since figured it out. It's terribly unreliable and dangerous though. I will probably wait and get this achievement when I go to replay the game. The enemies I am facing now are too powerful to mess about with trying to pull these off on. Better to do it early when they only take off one sliver of health per hit. (The other enemies become much more aggressive if you are on the offensive rather then simply countering)

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by HardcoreHeathen:
I've been mashing the attack button before

The combat is not designed to work well with button mashing, you need to control your reactions and timing to get the perfect combo, counter etc.