PDA

View Full Version : a question about pitching

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:04 PM
this thing is really bugging me... keep your wheelbreaks on and give the prop full power and then push your stick forward your aircraft will pitch down... how is this supposed to happen? if your aircraft is standing still on the ground no airflow is going through your elevators hence they can't provide your plane with the necessary upright force for this to happen, unless, and this is the way I think it works, the airflow is provided by your prop... does it make any sense to you? it gotta be this way cause i cant seem to think of anything else, unless we got some serious fm issue!

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:04 PM
this thing is really bugging me... keep your wheelbreaks on and give the prop full power and then push your stick forward your aircraft will pitch down... how is this supposed to happen? if your aircraft is standing still on the ground no airflow is going through your elevators hence they can't provide your plane with the necessary upright force for this to happen, unless, and this is the way I think it works, the airflow is provided by your prop... does it make any sense to you? it gotta be this way cause i cant seem to think of anything else, unless we got some serious fm issue!

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:07 PM
of course prop!

http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg

...today I feel like: http://forums.ubi.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 01:20 PM
phew now i feel relieved thx for the quick reply mate /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:19 PM
You bet your life it does! The tail surfaces are designed to have authority with the airflow from the prop even at less than full power. This is so you can manoeuvre the a/c on the ground with throttle, rudder and elevator. I know to my cost, as I smashed a new wooden prop due to this effect!

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:23 PM
garbazzz wrote:
- this thing is really bugging me... keep your
- wheelbreaks on and give the prop full power and then
- push your stick forward your aircraft will pitch
- down... how is this supposed to happen? if your
- aircraft is standing still on the ground no airflow
- is going through your elevators hence they can't
- provide your plane with the necessary upright force
- for this to happen, unless, and this is the way I
- think it works, the airflow is provided by your
- prop... does it make any sense to you? it gotta be
- this way cause i cant seem to think of anything
- else, unless we got some serious fm issue!

Note too that if you are moving an apply the brakes the game applies FULL braking power. No "light touch" and this can cause to to nose over on taxi or landing. FYI

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47-30 and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Rapidly tapping the brakes is just as effective as light braking, though.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Oh, I thought we were going to discuss the inside slider. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Try throwing the ball through an imaginary box, about a yard wide, that stretches from about the batterâ´s shoulders down to his knees. Any pitches OUTSIDE this "box" are called BALLS. Whatâ´s that, wrong forum? No baseball? Oops!

GreyBeast_P39